Page 1 of 18
... LastLast

Is this for real ? (HUGE nerf to secondary stats for ALL specs)

Reddit thread : https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comment...condary_stats/

WoW official forums thread : http://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/t...2287440?page=1

There's very good examples on the WoW forum thread.

What the hell is this crap?

This has to be an overall nerf of what.. 15-20% to everything? Damage, healing or "tankiness"...

Without forgetting the fact that it's not even mentioned at all in the few PTR builds notes we had so far

Thoughts on this?

They want iLevel to be the most important "stat" so that people don't have to wear something 15 iLevels lower because they value one secondary stat over other secondary stats.

Doesn't these changes simply makes it harder for people needing a breakpoint of a specific stats ? Making it even more important prioritise a piece of lower ilvl instead of an higher one doesn't have enough of that said stat.

Who cares. So long as everyone's affected by it, why care?

You mean they're using the Public Testing Realm to TEST things?! How dare they!

Quote Originally Posted by Greathoudini View Post
    Who cares. So long as everyone's affected by it, why care?
    A lot of people who were doing between constant 300-350k DPS (the required dps check for Ursoc MM) no longer does that much. This means Ursoc is simply not possible to kill anymore if everyone is affected that much by it.

That's a big problem, isnt it ?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by arr0gance View Post
    You mean they're using the Public Testing Realm to TEST things?! How dare they!
    I'm not blaming them to test this, it's just stupid they're not telling anybody that they're testing it.

Hence why we should react.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    A lot of people who were doing between constant 300-350k DPS (the required dps check for Ursoc MM) no longer does that much. This means Ursoc is simply not possible to kill anymore if everyone is affected that much by it.

That's a big problem, isnt it ?
    And they would adjust spells/abilities to compensate for stat changes. Settle down with the aggro over PTR testing.

take a deep breath

Quote Originally Posted by Tiphess View Post
    Doesn't these changes simply makes it harder for people needing a breakpoint of a specific stats ? Making it even more important prioritise a piece of lower ilvl instead of an higher one doesn't have enough of that said stat.
    Maybe in a couple extreme cases but generally no it won't because the primary stats aren't being nerfed but of course jewelry will still be a problem.

They want/need to make primary stats (Str, Agi, Int) more important. As far as effect on dps, they have not balanced anything yet. So they could easily change other factors to make up for any loss. (I know, this is way too optomistic considering it's Blizz - but in theory...)

Deleted
    As a arms Warrior mastery is to strong a stat really. I'm using a 845 ring with pure mastery on it. It also feels bad to DE 870+ gear only because it have the wrong stats. Mainly because people cares to much about ilvl when they invite for grouped content.

I think it's justified. This is the first tier of content in Legion and a lot of my characters have stat percentages comparable to what they had during Hellfire Citadel in WoD.
    We've still got Nighthold, Tomb of Sargeras and Argus Raid to go. Secondary stats are going to be absolutely nuts by the end of the expansion unless Blizzard does something about it.

Quote Originally Posted by PixelFox View Post
    They want iLevel to be the most important "stat" so that people don't have to wear something 15 iLevels lower because they value one secondary stat over other secondary stats.
    Then why even have secondary stats, if they're supposed to be irrelevant and ilvl is supposed to be king?

Let's just get rid of all stats and have iLvl be the only number on gear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkguyver2020 View Post
    I think it's justified. This is the first tier of content in Legion and a lot of my characters have stat percentages comparable to what they had during Hellfire Citadel in WoD.
    We've still got Nighthold, Tomb of Sargeras and Argus Raid to go. Secondary stats are going to be absolutely nuts by the end of the expansion unless Blizzard does something about it.
    This is inaccurate because stats now work on a curve. And is not the reason. At the moment, stats like a right skewed curve, the more you get, the less % increase. A diminishing return if you will.

It was implemented for specs that would be basically unusable in early patches.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by anon5123 View Post
    Then why even have secondary stats, if they're supposed to be irrelevant?

Let's just get rid of all stats and have iLvl be the only number on gear.
    to be fair at the moment a Chest item with a socket is worth 25 ilvls over one without a socket for fire mages.
    It was never Hardcore Vs Casual. It was Socialites Vs. Solo players
    Quote Originally Posted by ringpriest View Post
    World of Warcraft started life as a Computer Roleplaying Game, where part of the fun of the game experience was pretending to be your character. Stuff like applying poisons and eating food enhanced the verisimilitude of the experience of playing a fantasy character in another world. Now that game has changed to become a tactical arcade lobby game.

10+ Year Old Account
    this is such a giant nerf to "fun" for everyone i cant see it staying. should just increase primaries instead and put them on jewellery. thats the main offender for "higher ilvl but not upgrade, and its because blizz refuses to put primary stats on them. because 3/4 the raid roll for the crit haste (or whatever) rings and necks is smart
    3ds fc 0576 4895 9192
    ice safari with snorunt sneasel and lapras

pm me if you add me!

secondary stats need to be brought back in line, it's absolutely ridiculous how broken a lot of them are for certain classes

As a Boomkin with Emerald Dreamcatcher, already having a hard time to reach haste breakpoints without sacrificing much of the other stats\int\ilvl, this worries the shit out of me.

Not really excited of going back to shitty haste levels after struggling to reach a decent 34% haste value.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyanion View Post
    And they would adjust spells/abilities to compensate for stat changes. Settle down with the aggro over PTR testing.
    It's so cute that you still have faith in Blizzard's class design team to make sensible and logical decisions.

Quote Originally Posted by FpicEail View Post
    It's so cute that you still have faith in Blizzard's class design team to make sensible and logical decisions.
    It's so cute that you continue to play this game if you have a lack of faith and seem to hate the game.

to hell with secondary stats anyway, should do away with them.

haste is the only cool one.

so nerf them until they no longer exist, just main stats forever.