Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Form3r View Post
    Except that this has nothing to do with import taxes because you'll be paying those if customs decide to check your package.

Blizzard's payment has to do with the way they ship it: I.E: in a sized box with tracking

Yap, EU gets premium charge on postage bcoz 'Murica

Also prepare to pay additional taxes

I never bought my cards from US simply because I always found the shipping simply not worth it, damn glad I found Cardmarket.eu because it's a hassle to sort through each European website finding all cards you need (Because there's always a few they don't have)
    oh wow looked up a few those are cheap, generally I use fb groups or ebay. but Ill keep that site under my hat from the groups in town, they use chaos cards for everything pretty much. (I should also mentioned the card was on american ebay, I wouldnt bother with any other platform to buy from the states)

Fedex will send you a really expensive bill

What I don't understand is why don't I get the pet with the plushie... I want both but am not going to buy both.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not too long ago i went to buy a t-shirt from the FX store. $20 shirt, wanted an additional $25 to ship to canada. So its not a blizzard thing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    The OP has not made it clear whether he has tried to order the plush and this is what he would be charged or he read this on the forums. I selected the plush from Blizz store and was quoted $8.90 shipping to the UK which I think is quite reasonable (£25 for a cuddly toy is a bit of a rip-off ). This would attract duty of around £5-6 if the courier is then adding £20 on top to covert this then Blizzard should be made aware of this as it is no doubt costing them business.
    Well I never got charged duty on my Windrider or Gryphon plushies, so the important thing is to make sure your order doesn't incur a customs charge; the plush on its own shouldn't do that.

Quote Originally Posted by twistedsista View Post
    but hasnt it risen since the yanks voted for trump
    Not by nearly as much as it fell.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Well I never got charged duty on my Windrider or Gryphon plushies, so the important thing is to make sure your order doesn't incur a customs charge; the plush on its own shouldn't do that.
    This is going to depend on when you bought those Plushies, there was a gear store based in Europe originally, and around the time these plushies were on sale, so you wouldn't have paid any duty or VAT, as that was already included in the price.

The issue here is that as soon as it leaves Blizzard, any international courier is going to charge additional fees. This is standard practice, and there's not anything Blizzard can do about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    This is going to depend on when you bought those Plushies, there was a gear store based in Europe originally, and around the time these plushies were on sale, so you wouldn't have paid any duty or VAT, as that was already included in the price.

The issue here is that as soon as it leaves Blizzard, any international courier is going to charge additional fees. This is standard practice, and there's not anything Blizzard can do about it.
    Yeah I got them on release.

I just looked up the thresholds as well, you need to pay 20% VAT on anything over £18 and Duty over £120. The current exchange rate puts the plush over £18, so you would pay VAT plus the fees (£8 with Royal Mail).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Yeah I got them on release.

I just looked up the thresholds as well, you need to pay 20% VAT on anything over £18 and Duty over £120. The current exchange rate puts the plush over £18, so you would pay VAT plus the fees (£8 with Royal Mail).
    The only way Royal mail would have anything to do with it is of its sent surface mail, which could potentially take weeks to arrive(but would be cheaper overall) there's also the chance that it won't get picked up in the system that way. If I buy anything from the US I always pick the slowest option avaliable

10+ Year Old Account
    My partner ordered me a hoodie a while ago, and the customs was paid for by the shipper and then they invoiced me... (which I never paid because I thought the amount relative to the cost of the hoodie was taking the piss and they stopped chasing it)
    Last edited by Saeran; 2016-12-05 at 06:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Saeran View Post
    My partner ordered me a hoodie a while ago, and the customs was paid for by the shipper and then they invoiced me... (which I never paid and they stopped chasing it)
    Wow, that's shitty.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    So I was just about to buy the limited edition fel kitten plushie when I read that they slap a £30 postal charge on top, that would make it £55 for a plushie!? o.O Is this true?
    I paid ~50$ in shipping for the goodie bag. So yeah, it is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrena View Post
    The only way Royal mail would have anything to do with it is of its sent surface mail, which could potentially take weeks to arrive(but would be cheaper overall) there's also the chance that it won't get picked up in the system that way. If I buy anything from the US I always pick the slowest option avaliable
    They deliver anything sent by national post services, including USPS, whether that's by air or surface mail. It's likely their Parcel Force division that would deliver packages, but it's still them.

I dunno what service Blizzard use, some are saying FedEx? I think they might charge even more for the privilege of handling your fees.

If you find the shipping cost too high, I'm sure you could go pick it up personally if that would make you feel better.

7+ Year Old Account
    As someone who ships out of the US on a regular basis, in addition to standard shipping and handling, there are also import tariffs on goods and services. In Canada alone, a device I would ship out is valued at $995, and costs $36 for UPS shipping. That said, the Canadian gvmnt charges a handling tariff of almost $170 due at the time of delivery. Shipping rates are not horrible, but tariff charges are insane. Best bet is to have a mate buy it in the US, and send it media mail via the post office. Then you can bypass the sales tariff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well I ordered a hoody from gear store on Tuesday, it arrived today by FedEx, no customs charges. I'd say that was pretty good, since I'm still waiting for stuff I'd ordered in the UK over the weekend :S

Just take this as a sign of things to come.