Quote Originally Posted by sinilaid View Post
    The Last of Us was such a perfect game that it did not need a sequel, there is no way it can be as good as the first one, from the demos Ellie seems like such a angry bitch out for revenge and not the cute naive girl that made her so lovably in the first one.

Will be getting it anyway tho
    I'm not sure you and I played the same game. Ellie never came across as a "cute naive" girl as she was stabbing people in the neck, blowing up zombies and cursing left and right. Given the context of the world, and how old she is and what her life must have been like since the end of the first game ended, her being an "angry bitch" fits perfectly IMO.

So Walking/Talking Simulator Part 2 is one step closer to getting released.

Don’t get me wrong, I know there are people who like these games, but I personally could never get into it. I bought the remastered version of The Last of Us for my PS4 Pro and couldn’t finish it. I got about 3/4 of the way through and was so bored out of my mind that I couldn’t be bothered to finish it. I can’t understand how these games are considered to be so good when I was literally falling asleep while playing the first one.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephyr Storm View Post
    So Walking/Talking Simulator Part 2 is one step closer to getting released.

Don’t get me wrong, I know there are people who like these games, but I personally could never get into it. I bought the remastered version of The Last of Us for my PS4 Pro and couldn’t finish it. I got about 3/4 of the way through and was so bored out of my mind that I couldn’t be bothered to finish it. I can’t understand how these games are considered to be so good when I was literally falling asleep while playing the first one.
    you can put hundreds of hour into destiny but cant finish last of us, riiiight

Quote Originally Posted by RobertoCarlos View Post
    you can put hundreds of hour into destiny but cant finish last of us, riiiight
    Two entirely different types of games there, sunshine.

I can play coop with my wife and buddies in Destiny, which increases replay value dramatically. Plus the fact that it gives my wife and I something to do together.

The Last of Us is single player, extremely slow gameplay, that has basically zero replay value. It also had a story that I didn’t find interesting. A story based, single player game that didn’t capture my interest. Not hard to see why I didn’t bother finishing it.

If you stop trying to compare apples to oranges, then things might make a little more sense.
    Last edited by Zephyr Storm; 2018-06-15 at 10:32 PM.

I can play coop with my wife and buddies in Destiny, which increases replay value dramatically.
    Because nothing says Coop like Mindlessly killing enemies.

Plus the fact that it gives my wife and I something to do together.
    There was MP in TLOU that required teamwork.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-06-16 at 12:15 AM.
    A Fetus is not a person under the 14th amendment.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by szechuan View Post
    A second body spraying bullets makes the bullet sponges go down a little faster.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Assbandit View Post
    Made the mistake of reading the comments on Gamespot articles regarding TLoU2 and it has been a while since I came across such pure unadulterated cancer and crying only because Ellie kissed a chick in the trailer.
    Contrary to what progressives seem to think, I would wager that the vast majority of people still do not want to see such things. I wish shows and games, or any entertainment really would keep that crap out of it, it adds nothing and potentially detracts majorly. The fact that it keeps getting forced just pisses people off all the more.

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    I would wager that the vast majority of people still do not want to see such things. I wish shows and games, or any entertainment really would keep that crap out of it, it adds nothing and potentially detracts majorly.
    LOL more people pissed off about the Penis to Vagina Ratio in video games?

The fact that it keeps getting forced just pisses people off all the more.
    What do you mean?

I wish shows and games, or any entertainment really would keep that crap out of it, it adds nothing and potentially detracts majorly
    Keep the crap out of what?
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-06-16 at 12:32 AM.

Christians are Forced Birth Fascists against Human Rights who indoctrinate and groom children. Prove me wrong.

There was MP in TLOU that required teamwork.
    Ok, let’s compare the slow, janky gameplay of TLOU to a polished and smooth gameplay of Destiny. Bungie has fucked up a lot of things with Destiny, but the gameplay/controls/gunplay/feeling of movement is not one of them. The fact that you’re even trying to compare the two speaks volumes of your knowledge (or lack thereof) of the two games in question.

10+ Year Old Account
    Between Lara Croft and Ellie those two women are stone cold killers while not knowing it... Is there a weird medical condition for that? :P

Also really excited for the game :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    A second body spraying bullets makes the bullet sponges go down a little faster.
    At least there’s that option. Slinking around a bunch of ruins that’s so slow/boring/janky that it puts me to sleep isn’t exactly what I’d be using as a counterpoint to any of this.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Contrary to what progressives seem to think, I would wager that the vast majority of people still do not want to see such things. I wish shows and games, or any entertainment really would keep that crap out of it, it adds nothing and potentially detracts majorly. The fact that it keeps getting forced just pisses people off all the more.
    I have no issue with stuff like that being in games. What I do have an issue with is how so many devs try to force it into their games nowadays to appease the SJWs and it ends up coming across as forced/stupid/out of place/pointless.

Ok, let’s compare the slow, janky gameplay of TLOU to a polished and smooth gameplay of Destiny. Bungie has fucked up a lot of things with Destiny, but the gameplay/controls/gunplay/feeling of movement is not one of them. The fact that you’re even trying to compare the two speaks volumes of your knowledge (or lack thereof) of the two games in question.
    When did I ever compare the two? LOL

Smooth Gunplay. Gameplay escpecially before expansion was above average to mediocre and the AI was horrible and predictable among other things.

- - - Updated - - -

What I do have an issue with is how so many devs try to force it into their games nowadays to appease the SJWs and it ends up coming across as forced.
    What do you mean?
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-06-16 at 12:43 AM.

When did I ever compare the two? LOL

Smooth Gunplay. Gameplay escpecially before expansion was above average to mediocre and the AI was horrible and predictable among other things.

- - - Updated - - -

What do you mean?
    Still showing your lack of knowledge on the gameplay between the two.

And I mean devs are just making their characters gay at this point because it’s becoming some kind of industry checkbox to tick off when making a new game. It’s there “just because”. Mainly to appease the vocal minority of SJWs. And more often than not, the relationships feel either forced or bland because of it.

What do you mean?

And I mean devs are just making their characters gay at this point because it’s becoming some kind of industry checkbox to tick off when making a new game.
    Which characters are you referring to?

t’s there “just because”. Mainly to appease the vocal minority of SJWs. And more often than not, the relationships feel either forced or bland because of it.
    Clarify?

What do you mean?

Clarify?
    What do you mean?

Can you clarify your questions?

What are you referring to?

If you have to ask these questions to what I’ve said, then you’ve been living under a rock for the past 10 years.

What do you mean?
    This

So what do you mean?

Can you clarify your questions?

What are you referring to?
    this
    t’s there “just because”. Mainly to appease the vocal minority of SJWs. And more often than not, the relationships feel either forced or bland because of it.
    If you have to ask these questions to what I’ve said, then you’ve been living under a rock for the past 10 years.
    Then it should be easy for you to answer them.
    Last edited by szechuan; 2018-06-16 at 12:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Straight kiss outta nowhere in a romance with no chemistry is fine (aka 90% of action games/movies) but a tender kiss between two females with good chemistry, and for whom the romance appears to create vital story motivation....REEEEEE SJWs R FORCING AGENDAS!

- - - Updated - - -

Except that in this case her being gay was established fairly early on, well before the last of us 2 was even announced. Her initial relationship was shown without any politics--it was just two teens in love who snuck off. Realistic, unpreachy, and relatable. The trauma of getting her girlfriend killed and her subsequent survivors guilt then serves as a vital character motivation that manifests in her fear of losing Joel and her need to redeem herself through martydom. It's almost like she's written as a well rounded human being and not as an SJW caricature like you seem to be desperate to imply.

This may come as a surprise, but gay people are real, and deserve responsible, realistic representation just like the rest of you. Somehow your fragile ego will survive having the spotlight taken off of straight relationships for .02 seconds.
    The game didn't have enough shooty bang bang to hold his attention. You expect him to pick up on actual characterization?

Quote Originally Posted by unholytestament View Post
    The game didn't have enough shooty bang bang to hold his attention. You expect him to pick up on actual characterization?
    Sorry for falling asleep during your beloved walking simulator. You'll have to forgive me if I want more out of game than slow, boring, janky gameplay and a story that I don't find the least bit interesting. You'll have to get over your butthurt all on your own.

Sorry for falling asleep during your beloved walking simulator. You'll have to forgive me if I want more out of game than slow, boring, janky gameplay and a story that I don't find the least bit interesting.
    What characters were you referring to again?

Sorry for falling asleep during your beloved walking simulator. You'll have to forgive me if I want more out of game than slow, boring, janky gameplay and a story that I don't find the least bit interesting. You'll have to get over your butthurt all on your own.
    He says posting in the thread, completely unable to make a single post not dripping in hyperbole, about the sequel to a game he claims not to have been able to finish.

Please, tell me more about how butt hurt I am.