Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Lightbringer
    7+ Year Old Account
    I have a macro with a regular mount and when i press shift it changes to strider. I use strider only when i have to traverse through water. It's idiotic to use it on land for the single reason that even a 1hp dmg will prevent it to walk on water when you reach there UNLESS you resummon it.

And i haven't seen a new comment from watcher on the striders so the OP must be trollin'.

Deleted
    This is a quality he must persist in possessing - DO not give in to community demands.

Instant gratification may oft times lead to long-term negative impact.

yeah, i hate water striders, too. ugliest mount in the game, imo. blech! i'm boring and ride a horse everywhere. horses can swim, too!

I don't know why they are so hesitant and not just make it a passive mount skill that allows the use of all mounts on the water when you possess either one of the water striders.
    And they can just sit it out until the next xpac, when flying hits with 7.2 you won't see them anymore anyway.

If anything, they should add a new system to customize mounts with abilities or equipment. Lower fall damage, can jump farther or higher, walk on water, cant be dazed etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Lime View Post
    Did something new come up about the Striders? Last I heard, the issue ended when they reverted the strider nerf pre-legion.
    Now we're getting people complaining that they're "forced" to use Striders because they're better than other mounts, which is the issue they wanted to avoid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    No idea why they don't simply add a slot to every mount that we can fill with a single buff of our choice. Like glyphs or order hall champions but for mounts.

For example I could make my Kor'kron war wolf 20% faster or give it the ability to glide like a goblin glider or walk on water or make it undazable. And then have one of the buffs I didn't use on my wolf on my fiery warhorse instead.

Then people would use different mounts for different reasons.

Honestly since we all have the strider just make waterwalking a baseline ability. Let's stop beating around the fucking bush. If we can all do it ANYWAY.
    Dragonflight Summary, "Because friendship is magic"

10+ Year Old Account
    Striders' themselves aren't so bad. It's how they feel "mandatory", that is.

I personally don't touch them. I'd rather have a badass mount than a eight-legged monstrosity.
    Google Diversity Memo
    Learn to use critical thinking: https://youtu.be/J5A5o9I7rnA

Political left, right similarly motivated to avoid rival views
    [...] we have an intolerance for ideas and evidence that don’t fit a certain ideology. I’m also not saying that we should restrict people to certain gender roles; I’m advocating for quite the opposite: treat people as individuals, not as just another member of their group (tribalism)..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ssateneth View Post
    It should have been nerfed before legion went live imo.
    They tried that in BETA.
    As deserved they got an even worse backlash like when they tried to remove flying with wod forever.
    A GOOD devoloper expands on what is IN the game and dont try to take stuff away.

Anyone else get the feeling we're gonna pay for this when we get to Argus? Just lava puddles you can't waterwalk on EVERYWHERE. Like HFC area of Tanaan times ten.

it should have been nerfed before legion went live imo.
    No. That proposed nerf was retarded.

I've only used my strider in Aszuna and parts of Val'sharah, mostly for annoying-to-get-to world quests. If we were allowed to purchase flying at level cap, this wouldn't even be an issue. Or maybe it would. Get one of the two striders or quit bitching. I have yet to see more than a handful even while leveling.
    If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

Quote Originally Posted by Fummockelchen View Post
    They tried that in BETA.
    As deserved they got an even worse backlash like when they tried to remove flying with wod forever.
    A GOOD devoloper expands on what is IN the game and dont try to take stuff away.

An intelligent person above a kindergarten level for problem solving understands that continuously adding things to solve a problem is actually not the best way to solve all problems. A good developer understands that yes it is better sometimes to take a thing away rather than continuously add to.

You remind me of the people that bitch and whine when a clear op class gets needed and scream "why didn't they just buff everyone else?".
    “Logic: The art of thinking and reasoning in strict accordance with the limitations and incapacities of the human misunderstanding.”
    "Conservative, n: A statesman who is enamored of existing evils, as distinguished from the Liberal who wishes to replace them with others."
    Ambrose Bierce
    The Bird of Hermes Is My Name, Eating My Wings To Make Me Tame.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dhrizzle View Post
    Now we're getting people complaining that they're "forced" to use Striders because they're better than other mounts, which is the issue they wanted to avoid.
    It is the same argument that was used by the anti-flying crowd, complete and utter bullshit.

I have 3 mounts on my bar for each char, one is my strider, one is my flying mount (sky golem on all my herbalists), and the third is my xmog Yak. The only time I use the strider is in places that I can't fly or have a fuckton of branches that larger mounts get caught on.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Perhaps if that is the case they should look into giving all mounts that functionality since it is clearly something their playerbase enjoys having available.....
    I DON'T KNOW. KINDA LIKE FLYING!!!!!!1!!!

Now people bitch about flying like we didn't fight for a cause. If all mounts have Striding, in 10 years will people bitch about the good ole days of swimming? Are we then going to go right back to Vanilla with 60%ers only or footing it the entire time?

You can't give this playerbase shit without backlash of one type or another. FFS this is a fucking circus.

Now, I see it full circle with the Striders, and can't help but face palm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaiserneko View Post
    Alright, you've convinced me. You've defeated me with your superior intellect and articulate arguments. All hail Jokerfiend.

Thumbs up

Best fix would be:

• If you're already mounted, switching to another mount is instant.

Now you can zap into the water strider when necessary, and be on your preferred mount otherwise, without stopping to change mounts and keeping player decision ("What if I don't want to automatically switch mounts? Auto switch is terrible for roleplaying! Roleplaying RUINED!") and all that.

Also, several other mounts should be made "water walkers" where it would make sense. Flying carpets, flying machines, rockets... more or less everything that's supposed to "float". Bam, instant variety!
    Once upon a time... the end. Next time, try twice upon a time.

i'd rather use something other than a strider, but I cant. Macros cant tell if you are going to be traveling over water in the future and I have no more keybind space, so strider it is.

it should have been nerfed before legion went live imo.
    If you use the favourite mount button, it'll prio a Water Strider if you're in water.

Quote Originally Posted by shimerra View Post
    You remind me of the people that bitch and whine when a clear op class gets needed and scream "why didn't they just buff everyone else?".
    He does have a point though. The mount system is ancient and apart of ui changes, it's not been touched since they made mounts Account-Wide. They could've expanded the entire mount system to include customisation and modificiation but instead they're just ignoring the core of the problem.

Iirc there was a great player-created Mount Customisation on MMO-C for WoD beta, I'm sure Blizzard could create something better.

Then can nerf striders when flying is back. There's only so much traveling annoyance I can stand, having to slowly waddle out of a body of water is past my limit.

The solution always seemed kind of simple to me. Just have the Broken Isles Pathfinder achievement grant Water Walking to all mounts while in the Broken Isle zones. People still have to work a bit to get a level of convenience, and it opens up the other mount options so no one feels 'forced' into using a Water Strider.
    There is no Peace, only Passion
    Through Passion, I gain Strength
    Through Strength, I gain Power
    Through Power, I gain Victory
    Through Victory, my chains shall be broken
    The Force shall free me