Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

One good thing, one bad thing about legion.

Let's each name a good thing and a bad thing about legion. I'm curious to see what people think has worked so far and what hasn't.

My thoughts are,

Good:
    - lots of varying ways to gear up without having to do any one specific thing like raiding.

Bad:
    - legendaries, specifically balancing classes around them. My demon hunter for example is a bore to play because of wait times while gaining energy, which feels clunky and hurts my damage yet with the ring it's a blast, and actually competitive Single target.

Good:

Appearance of ToV plate armor.

Bad:

RNG in the form of legendaries, titanforged/warforged/bonus stats/socket.

Good: World quest system

Bad: The legendary system

10+ Year Old Account
    Good: spec specific artifacts and quests

Bad: Mythic+ rewards

Good: The raids

Bad: Worldquest
    Hi Sephurik

Good: The variety of world quests

Bad: Going back on their statement about making major class changes.

Good:
    Artifact weapon models very nice textures most of the new armor looks cool like the tier sets.
    Mythic+ keeping dungeons relevant
    Able to gear up without needing to be a raider (I have no guild and am 872)
    Karazhan (as a tank because I lead the group to quick full clears).
    Some of the world quests are alright

Bad:
    Titanforging, My mythic 3 gear should not be able to proc up to 880 (have 3 pieces that are 880 barely M3-M4)
    Endless M+
    M+ loot underwhelming now 3 months into expansion.
    RNG time gated
    World quests become meaningless after exalted with all reps, only useful for doing for emissary cache which I guess is alright but it makes them obsolete 3 months into expansion. There is the rare chance for that 845 epic item to proc up to 860+ titanforge while doing WQ which I've had happen before but since its second stats suck its still worse than my 840 item of it.
    some legendaries being required to be good dps
    Unable to play all specs on fresh characters due to AP grind and relics needed in the weapons.
    Professions useless 3 months post expansion launch (except for gathering and alchemy)
    Exalted with all reps now useless no cool mounts or anything to care about just pointless 2400g patterns no one buys and a tabard.
    Some classes are meh while others are way overpowered in comparison creating a huge community stigma associated with it (for example Destro Lock vs Fire Mage single target in M+). Destro is still good to bring for M+ but community stigma and some classes being far superior has made it hard for pugs to bring you along.
    Last edited by Brewhan; 2016-12-04 at 04:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good:

The variety of different play and gearing methods.

Bad:

The RNG of gear item level coupled, especially with the way many specs strongly favor certain secondary stats.

good: mythic plus

bad: zero real pvp change.

Good: everything other than VotW.
    Bad: overall class design.

Good: World quests. Some legendary things. Raids. Pvp. Classes. Legion lore. Argus. Patch content. And much much more.

Bad: Other legendary parts, illidan -__-, That fucking pengu at the brawlers guild.

Good:
    Return of true tier to LFR along with cosmetic rewards

Bad:
    Retconned lore of Illidan is terrible and not adding any depth to him, mostly reads like codependency.

I really like this thread, it forces everyone to admit that while there is a lot of good in legion, there is work to be done.

Good: The variety, its nice to have things to do again. And not only that, much of it like the M+ system is rewarding if you put a little time in.

Bad: The legendary system

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewhan View Post
    Good:
    Artifact weapon models very nice textures most of the new armor looks cool like the tier sets.
    Mythic+ keeping dungeons relevant
    Able to gear up without needing to be a raider (I have no guild and am 872)
    Karazhan (as a tank because I lead the group to quick full clears).
    Some of the world quests are alright

Bad:
    Titanforging, My mythic 3 gear should not be able to proc up to 880 (have 3 pieces that are 880 barely M3-M4)
    Endless M+
    M+ loot underwhelming now 3 months into expansion.
    RNG time gated
    World quests become meaningless after exalted with all reps, only useful for doing for emissary cache which I guess is alright but it makes them obsolete 3 months into expansion. There is the rare chance for that 845 epic item to proc up to 860+ titanforge while doing WQ which I've had happen before but since its second stats suck its still worse than my 840 item of it.
    some legendaries being required to be good dps
    Unable to play all specs on fresh characters due to AP grind and relics needed in the weapons.
    Professions useless 3 months post expansion launch (except for gathering and alchemy)
    Exalted with all reps now useless no cool mounts or anything to care about just pointless 2400g patterns no one buys and a tabard.
    Some classes are meh while others are way overpowered in comparison creating a huge community stigma associated with it (for example Destro Lock vs Fire Mage single target in M+). Destro is still good to bring for M+ but community stigma and some classes being far superior has made it hard for pugs to bring you along.
    Reading comprehension

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by roguetank View Post
    Let's each name a good thing and a bad thing about legion. I'm curious to see what people think has worked so far and what hasn't.

My thoughts are,

Good:
    - lots of varying ways to gear up without having to do any one specific thing like raiding.

Bad:
    - legendaries, specifically balancing classes around them. My demon hunter for example is a bore to play because of wait times while gaining energy, which feels clunky and hurts my damage yet with the ring it's a blast, and actually competitive Single target.
    Well hell, you pretty much took mine right from the getgo...

Good: I love that there are so many options in how you can play and progress. Don't like raiding? Mythic+ is a challenging alternative (at the high end at least), the variety of quests and world quests also help create a ton of alternative ways to play the game.

Bad: The lack of ability to target certain Legendaries by farming specifically for them. I'm not saying make it quick or easy, but some way to pick a certain type of legendary and focus the bad luck protection towards that one. (Like, say make the awesome Ring eventually drop off Cenarius while the boring worthless neck eventually drops off Skovald, and Emmisary Chests can drop any of them because targeting is reserved for harder content... or something like that, I dunno, I'm just spitballing ideas.)

Good:
    Every new day is an opportunity to gain meaningful character progression.

Bad:
    Concentrated power in select items, creating a group of "haves" and "have nots"

Good: Raids

Bad: Legendary system
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Good:

Bad: Everything in the game is designed to prevent anything with the potential of being good from actually achieving that potential.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good: World quests

Bad: Judgment being Colossus Smash 2.0.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

good: artefact weapons and the talents are nice and enjoyable

bad: legendarys , i have 6 or 7 now but to be honest i think legendarys are the biggest crap they ever introduced into wow... and the spammable mythic +