Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    If I hear some crazy shit about the movie being 1000% better from people who initially disliked it, ala BvS, I would probably watch an extended cut(fan or otherwise). Outside of that happening I don't see myself sitting down to watch this again any time soon.
    Somewhat off-topic but as a person who liked the theatrical cut of BvS I personally felt like the extended cut didn't really change the movie too much. It's a better cut, yes, but all of the things people hated about the theatrical version of the movie are there so I don't know why people say it magically "fixes" a lot of the movie's flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    The ad hominem is only making you look foolish, the movie was a giant mess from a lore standpoint and the pacing was terrible (even Duncan Jones admitted he was very unhappy with the pacing).
    Blizz has stated themselves that the story will be different to the lore. That's to be expected from ANY movie adaptation. To expect the opposite is just plain stupid. As someone who watches movies for entertainment and not to criticise, judge, and nitpick at every single little detail, the movie was great. As are most movies. I like to, you know, enjoy movies I pay money to see. I don't bother TRYING to notice bad things.

I love Warcraft 1-3 and WoW's lore. But I walked into the movie expecting something to stray a bit. And it did. And I accepted it. I agree with you on the pacing, but god damn that does not take away from the movie's entertainment value. Unless, again, you're someone that pays money just to try and be dissatisfied with a movie.

My only advice to you is don't look up to and try to be a "professional" movie critic. Not a lot of people care to hear, and it's far from a job that provides anything useful to anyone.

I haven't seen it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    She learned it from humans they captured. The timeline of the film isn't explained very well though. From her explanation it would seem the orcs were on Azeroth for longer than they were.
    ah, ok yeah I would assume the whole movie took place over.. fuck IDK, a month or two?

Quote Originally Posted by Peacekeeper Benhir View Post
    Watched the movie tonight in its longer form. Found the story made more sense, especially the Durotan/Orgrim interactions. If you enjoyed the first one at all (I gave it maybe 7/10), you'd probably enjoy the longer version more.
    The movie was actually decent from the orc point of view. It's the human side that was just terrible, from the acting to the script. Anyways, where's the extended cut?

Deleted
    The movie was entertaining. But there's no extended cut.

Nah, there's not an extended cut. It's just that the regular cut FEELS extended because it's so long and terrible.

You're confusing extended edition with deleted scenes. There's no extended edition, if there was it would be 3 hours long as there was 50 minutes of cut footage in total. The deleted scenes they included are only extra 15 minutes, and having seen them, they do make it better - apart from Lothar/Garona one.

Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    I didn't find it a great film either. I might only give it a 3-4 out of 10. What makes it edgy is when you pretty much say "nothing" as in NOTHING can make anything, in this case the movie, more than a -2/10. I mean seriously if absolutely nothing can make absolutely anything better than you are just being an edgy dick. I mean we can even make the Holocaust better by saying "no one died, everyone was well feed, and at the end of the war everyone went home" for example. ANYTHING can be made better. What he posted was blind hate. Pure and simple.
    As a matter of fact, scientists are leaning towards the theoriy of NOTHING creating EVERYTHING. It is physically possible.
    "A universe from nothing", google it !

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Some of the glaring problems.

-Khadgar not being sent to Medivh by the Kirin Tor to serve as an apprentice
    -Orgrim being a Frostwolf instead of the second of the Blackrock clan
    -Ner'zhul and the entire Shadow Council were missing
    -Gul'dan was a freaking idiot
    -Blackhand somehow had some of Orgrim's personality traits
    -Fel energy was called "The Fel"

They outright removed most of the political aspects of the power struggles that were going on in the Orc leadership. I could see someone who doesn't really know anything about the lore enjoying it, but it deviated way too much for me to even be able to enjoy it. And all of this is without even touching on the pacing issues the movie had.
    it's called adapting 20 years worth of lore into a 2 hour movie.

that said, I completely agree that a bunch of the changes they did were bad and served no real point.

Also, Gul'Dan, and a bunch of the other orcs, were indeed a bunch of idiots.

6/10 movie, extended version might be worthy of 7/10 if it fixes most of the story problems, but it can't fix the horribly miss-cast human characters,
    khadgar, Medivh and especially the king, were all misscast in my opinion.
    I've no idea what to write here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    Because your opinion = fact, right?
    It's adorable just how insecure this post is. Hah!

i wish they werent forced to cut 40 minutes of the movie.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Quote Originally Posted by High Marshal Sigismund View Post
    Warcraft movie was pure garbage. I have no idea how people's standards are so low.

Star Wars phenomenon. I hear they are making more of those..

It's adorable just how insecure this post is. Hah!
    How is it insecure to point out that your arrogant claim about "how can people's standards can be so low?" is, in fact, a reflection of your opinion and is by no means an indisputable fact?

Quote Originally Posted by otaXephon View Post
    How is it insecure to point out that your arrogant claim about "how can people's standards can be so low?" is, in fact, a reflection of your opinion and is by no means an indisputable fact?
    Would it make you feel better when you tuck yourself in tonight if I told you it's the former? :3

*pat*

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Well, I wondered when you would show up since you haven't stalked me lately. My reply counts as an "attack" now?

C'mon...sure, go all out on "I hate your avatar on sight and need to jump at you" - yeah, maybe it is not a "very good film" - but "-2/10"? Really? You need to defend that guy?
    He didn't like it hes entitled to his opinion and its nothing more ridiculous than people giving it 9's and 10's.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    I believe you're considering the deleted scenes... many of which, I thought, should have made the cut, even extended on even more... especially the Hollywood style sex scene which, unfortunately, wasn't really the right place for the target audience of the movie, but was cute, to say the least. So, I can understand why it was cut.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Would it make you feel better when you tuck yourself in tonight if I told you it's the former? :3

*pat*
    Look dude, I have no problem with you having an opinion but it's pretty fucking rude to pretend like it holds more merit than anybody else's. That's not insecurity, it's tact.

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Adoxe View Post
    You're confusing extended edition with deleted scenes. There's no extended edition, if there was it would be 3 hours long as there was 50 minutes of cut footage in total. The deleted scenes they included are only extra 15 minutes, and having seen them, they do make it better - apart from Lothar/Garona one.
    I thought that part was hilarious, in all honesty.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

The movie isn't bad as long as you keep in mind that this all takes place in an alternate timeline, just like Warlords of Draenor.

It's been confirmed it's its own timeline of things. It doesn't have to match the original lore, and stands or falls on its own merits.

In the end, it's not that terrible of a part 1, especially given the source material. Honestly to me, Warcraft just doesn't really get interesting while it is just Orcs vs Humans. I want them to make more. I want to see Tauren and Trolls on the big screen. I want to see the story of Arthas.