Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by Tart View Post
    Another one jumping from the sinking ship.
    Sinking ship = The most success MMO in history that will most likely not be surpassed in the next 100 years in terms of revenue, sub count, and overall success.

Sinking ship = Still at least 4+ million people subbed, which would be a wet dream for any other company and deemed a huge success.

I don't even play WoW anymore, haven't for years but let's not get stupid here with the doom non-sense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nicode View Post
    I agree with this so much. This is one of those aspects of WoW lore that's weak upon even the smallest inspection -- bad guys need a reason to be bad. And, even if the classic Metzen-brand "I NEED MAOR POWAH" Warcraft reasons is part of it, that's just not enough for the average bad guy. Agrus should be a fantastic world, a pinnacle of technology and culture where all Eredar want to be -- even if it's the heart of the Burning Legion.

Blizzard always paints themselves into a corner with bad guys who want to blow up the universe just for the sake of blowing up the universe, themselves included. Whether it's Twilight's Hammer or the Burning Legion it just doesn't make sense. Okay sure maybe Deathwing and Sargeras want to blow it all up because they're crazy, but you won't get a billion followers of your crazy cult if the end reward is death.

Blah blah, hopefully with Kozak and Metzen gone they will hire someone with worldbuilding and storytelling skills. But probably not.
    Although I don't play the game anymore, I had always thought Argus would be a corrupted, decadent version of its former self, a bit like you'd expect Zin Azshari to be at its pinnacle. The Eredar certainly seem to enjoy luxury and opulence, yet they seem to simply be the elite tier goons of the Legion now, rather than its ruling caste.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

another one leaving world of warcraft.... whos left???

Ppl still play hearthstone?

Quote Originally Posted by DarkArchon View Post
    Sinking ship = The most success MMO in history that will most likely not be surpassed in the next 100 years in terms of revenue, sub count, and overall success.

Sinking ship = Still at least 4+ million people subbed, which would be a wet dream for any other company and deemed a huge success.

I don't even play WoW anymore, haven't for years but let's not get stupid here with the doom non-sense.
    Legion is nearing a point in player activity that will put it BELOW warlords of draenor at the end of WoD.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    ... You people are aware that "good lore" is entirely subjective, right? It's not like you people analyze it on some level above how you feel personally about it...
    I for one have played many MMORPG's, among them GW2 and SWTOR, and couldn't give less of a fuck about the lore in those games. WoW's lore = I care about, so it has the best lore of all MMO's out there to me.

And lol @ the "sinking ship" retards resurfacing. It's not as if that's been said for years yet Blizzard (and WoW) is raking in more cash than ever.
    I am sorry. But, good writing is NOT subjective.

Kosak is the moron who stated that Uldum was the best written zone in Cata. He was very bad at his job.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Pantelija View Post
    Dave Kosak and Chris Metzen are the reasons why WoW lore today is damaged beyond repair and a laughing stock in MMO universe.
    Mostly Kosak. WOD was all him. Yrel, Grom getting the victory lap after starting the war, etc.

This is great news. Kosak, while probably a nice enough guy, just can't hack writing at this level.

The worrying thing is - who replaces him?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Legion is nearing a point in player activity that will put it BELOW warlords of draenor at the end of WoD.

- - - Updated - - -.
    Yes but its not Wows or devs fault. This game has been around for so many years that even those who love it got already tired with it. How many times can you eat your favorite ice-cream before you get bored of it? Even though Wow is still very nice to play (and with big, cool changes in Legion) for old players its not exciting or new anymore. Nothing can change that, no new design or class. I would even say that Wow managed its aging very well in comparison to many other games, which are already forgotten.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    I am sorry. But, good writing is NOT subjective.

Kosak is the moron who stated that Uldum was the best written zone in Cata. He was very bad at his job.
    I think its personal to decide which zone is favorite for one. For me it was Uldum in Cata and YES I did think it was the best one in Cata.

Quote Originally Posted by Zanname View Post
    Yes but its not Wows or devs fault. This game has been around for so many years that even those who love it got already tired with it. How many times can you eat your favorite ice-cream before you get bored of it? Even though Wow is still very nice to play (and with big, cool changes in Legion) for old players its not exciting or new anymore. Nothing can change that, no new design or class. I would even say that Wow managed its aging very well in comparison to many other games, which are already forgotten.

I think its personal to decide which zone is favorite for one. For me it was Uldum in Cata and YES I did think it was the best one in Cata.
    Considering how fast Legion is falling and how we've reached the point where whenever we see a blue post its an admittance that they have not listened to any feedback? It can safely be said that a lot of whats going on right now is the devs fault.

Also, Uldum was a well paced zone, in that it was well done. However, from a writing standpoint it was unquestionably hot garbage. Over 2/3 of the zone was just indiana jones references. And not even subtle ones. It was bad, lazy, writing.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg