Page 1 of 3
LastLast

DDOS Attacks All Weekend

This has been a problem all expansion. Was happening for about 2 hours yesterday and happened again this morning from around 8am til noon. And now it's back.

The community needs to be more vocal about this because it's a huge problem and it is something that is on Blizzard's end regardless of their refusal to take responsibility, it's not like they are powerless to stop ddosing. Blizz also hasn't done a single thing to reimburse players that have been negatively effect by this. Why exactly can't they just make it so that keystone's don't deplete until you complete the dungeon the first time? There's like literally no downside to that, it's not like you get any extra loot, just protection from this type of bullshit where your whole party get's dc'd and the occasional turd you pug that purposefully ruins your runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    it's not like they are powerless to stop ddosing.
    And this right here is how you just told everyone you have no idea how DDOS works and what it's like. Yes they are powerless.

10+ Year Old Account
    Are you seriously blaming Blizzard for DDoS attacks on ISPs that they're using? Never go full....

Happens everytime there's an Overwatch banwave.

I'd like to see some protection mechanics in place for things like keystones though. North America has been nonstop bombarded by DDOS attacks since that absolutely fucking enormous Russian botnet was posted on 4chan a month or so ago, and Blizzard themselves have had their ISP taking hits every time they do an Overwatch ban.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

I haven't seen a ddos since a couple days after release /shrug, sure its not just your internet being shit?

10+ Year Old Account
    It's not so easily preventable. It's bloody annoying but it isn't easy. Your ignorance is showing.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Shakou View Post
    This has been a problem all expansion. Was happening for about 2 hours yesterday and happened again this morning from around 8am til noon. And now it's back.

The community needs to be more vocal about this because it's a huge problem and it is something that is on Blizzard's end regardless of their refusal to take responsibility, it's not like they are powerless to stop ddosing. Blizz also hasn't done a single thing to reimburse players that have been negatively effect by this. Why exactly can't they just make it so that keystone's don't deplete until you complete the dungeon the first time? There's like literally no downside to that, it's not like you get any extra loot, just protection from this type of bullshit where your whole party get's dc'd and the occasional turd you pug that purposefully ruins your runs.
    Really so if you own a company and the road to get to your company is completely congested so I can't get there I can hold you responsible for the road being congested even though you don't own or control the road right?

IT does seem like every time theres a BOT ban-wave on one of Blizzards game the services seems to go wonky.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    IT does seem like every time theres a BOT ban-wave on one of Blizzards game the services seems to go wonky.
    why would banning bots cause a ddos attack? are the bots sentient and getting revenge for their fallen bretheran?
    Hi

Blizzard mentions DDos attacks in the past, then now everytime they have technical issues it's a DDos.

Unless Blizzard specifically mentions said activity, then it's just glitches in their systems they are working through. It could simply have been internal background stuff happening that went awry. Backups? Updates? Hot-fixes? Note the time, 8am-noon? These alone are not hot times for either NA nor EU. A DDos doesn't make sense. All that is left is assumptions without reason.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    They've said DDOS on their twitter account several times today.
    He's implying that Blizzard blames technical issues on DDOS attacks. You're better off ignoring his posts for your own sanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    They've said DDOS on their twitter account several times today.
    It wasn't mentioned and I don't read twitter. If so, then a failure of an attack designed for PM, not AM :P

Stabilized and going offline again. Wooooo
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.

Quote Originally Posted by Mokoshne View Post
    why would banning bots cause a ddos attack? are the bots sentient and getting revenge for their fallen bretheran?
    No but the no life baddy just take vengeance on Blizzard when their aimbot get them banned.
    MMO-Champion, once the place to get WoW News, now the home of the haters and their clickbait and doomsaying threads

Upset bot owners.

Ya you guys are right, there is absolutely no way at all whatsoever to defend against ddos attacks, no counter-measures exist in the IT world at all. We are totally at the mercy of mad 12 year olds. Especially in this thread. Mods close this.

I assume they are talking more of the aim bots and not the fishing\herbing bots from WoW. There was a twitter feed the first time they did a big Overwatch ban that many of the cheaters wanted to hire Lizzard squad and such to DDOS Blizzard for "ruining their fun". Kinda surprise they are still having such fits if they are still going to ddos attacks after getting banned.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I assume they are talking more of the aim bots and not the fishing\herbing bots from WoW. There was a twitter feed the first time they did a big Overwatch ban that many of the cheaters wanted to hire Lizzard squad and such to DDOS Blizzard for "ruining their fun". Kinda surprise they are still having such fits if they are still going to ddos attacks after getting banned.
    Correct. They hit the people using aimbots, wall hacks, etc. Then they go cry and use their parent's credit card to buy access to a botnet, which are becoming more and more common and larger.

if theres nothing you can do, how do companies sell DDOS protection?