Deleted

How's MM looking

Is MM viable in the next patch, or are they getting butchered aswell.

The mechanics are very shaky currently. DPS looks fine, more competitive where it counts than pre-patch. Cleave/AoE is seeing a 10-15% reduction which still puts us well ahead of most other classes, but Single Target is up 10-15%. We're looking to be a very well balanced spec in all facets of gameplay if they go live as is. The issue is that according to a lot of the logs coming out on PTR, Sidewinders is still absolutely mandatory. A huge focus of the Hunter revisions if Ion's twitter is to be believed was to break how mandatory Sidewinders is for the spec to function and that is not happening on PTR at the moment.

I'd expect the next stage of PTR development to deal with vulnerable and/or focus generation. The interaction of these mechanics is what is making Sidewinders so absolutely mandatory as the talent resolves both of these issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Megotaku77 View Post
    The mechanics are very shaky currently. DPS looks fine, more competitive where it counts than pre-patch. Cleave/AoE is seeing a 10-15% reduction which still puts us well ahead of most other classes, but Single Target is up 10-15%. We're looking to be a very well balanced spec in all facets of gameplay if they go live as is. The issue is that according to a lot of the logs coming out on PTR, Sidewinders is still absolutely mandatory. A huge focus of the Hunter revisions if Ion's twitter is to be believed was to break how mandatory Sidewinders is for the spec to function and that is not happening on PTR at the moment.

I'd expect the next stage of PTR development to deal with vulnerable and/or focus generation. The interaction of these mechanics is what is making Sidewinders so absolutely mandatory as the talent resolves both of these issues.
    Thanks for the rundown. Sounds better than the upcoming Fire Mage changes.

Yeah, but you have to bear in mind it's VERY shaky right now. Patient Sniper was still mandatory before the Sidewinders nerf was reverted. With the Sidewinders back at "mandatory", Patient Sniper is back to "super duper mandatory". I'm expecting Sidewinders to be nerfed again and the new Patient Sniper nerfed. Either than or a change to both Sentinel and Explosive Shot. Honestly, very few raiders are looking forward to dealing with the new Patient Sniper timing on fights with a lot of movement. Even at sub-optimal play, it's still better than Sentinel and Explosive Shot.

overall feels like shit tbh

Deleted
    cant w8 for patch. i want to spec out of SW and barrage

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    overall feels like shit tbh
    You mean numberwise or gameplay?

(Not talking number-wise, just gameplay/feeling/"fun" (subjective))

I think it's an improvement over live MM. I hope they change more talents before it goes live, specially Explosive Shot (I'm quite displeased by that talent row. Explosive Shot is horrible, Sentinel is good but clunky, Patient Sniper feels obligatory).

Also, I've been saying this ever since: Sidewinders shouldn't apply Vulnerable. That's a huge mistake. Remove Vulnerable from Sidewinders and balance the entire spec around not having to have Vulnerable up all the time. As long as SW applies vulnerable, any other option becomes worse by default).

MM st burst is much much stronger than on live, and theyve still retained the spread cleave niche. Twise from Danish Terrace is positive towards the changes, and says the skill cap ceiling has been increased with the new Patient Sniper talent.
    He's streaming PTR right now

https://www.twitch.tv/twisepriest

Deleted
    Single target is a little bit better, but AOE is worse.

I feel like they're making MM much more legendary dependent than before.

Ullr's along with the NH set bonuses is basically going to be a massive increase, now that our focus generation has been nerfed, and aimed shot will likely be a bigger chunk of our damage.

That's the only thing I'm concerned about. As someone that doesn't have Ullr's (sephuz and prydaz lol), it's going to feel absolutely awful and it's completely out of my control.

Will the new patient sniper talent be something we have to plan our rotation and timing around or will we just ignore it?

I'm confused about how the rotation will look with it as you want to let it drop off because that last second is the most damaging so you don't want to clip it early with another vulnerable, but you need your hardest hitting ability to hit the target in that last second for max dps ... or will it really not make much difference?
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Deleted
    you have to time it but you can do a rotation, but it depends on the way you proc the vulnerable and the focus you have

if you have more than 50% focus:
    marked shot, arcane shot, aimed, aimed
    windburst, arcane shot, arcane shot, aimed aimed

if you dont have too much focus
    marked shot, arcane shot, arcane shot, aimed
    windburst, arcane, arcane, arcane, aimed

Quote Originally Posted by donmargarito View Post
    you have to time it but you can do a rotation, but it depends on the way you proc the vulnerable and the focus you have

if you have more than 50% focus:
    marked shot, arcane shot, aimed, aimed
    windburst, arcane shot, arcane shot, aimed aimed

if you dont have too much focus
    marked shot, arcane shot, arcane shot, aimed
    windburst, arcane, arcane, arcane, aimed
    wouldn't windburst clip vulnerable and reapply it back at 100%? and if you used SW as a talent you couldn't use that mid-vulnerable or again you'd clip it, I hope this doesn't end up being a situation where you spend all your time watching this damn buff!
    Battletag: Chris#23952 (EU)
    Warlock

Quote Originally Posted by Avikur View Post
    wouldn't windburst clip vulnerable and reapply it back at 100%? and if you used SW as a talent you couldn't use that mid-vulnerable or again you'd clip it, I hope this doesn't end up being a situation where you spend all your time watching this damn buff!
    By the time you cast windburst in those situations, Vulnerable will be over anyway. You can squeeze 2 aimed shots and one Arcane shot before the debuff is over.