Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Keeper Zanjin View Post
    Garrison is not player housing.
    How isn't it - a private customisable space. Garrisons of course had more stuff in them than typical player housing, but cut back some of the functionality add more skins etc and you have player housing.

Challenge Mode : Play WoW like my disability has me play:
    You will need two people, Brian MUST use the mouse for movement/looking and John MUST use the keyboard for casting, attacking, healing etc.
    Briand and John share the same goal, same intentions - but they can't talk to each other, however they can react to each other's in game activities.
    Now see how far Brian and John get in WoW.

Deleted
    You already have a personal place: The Garrison. You can decorate it, you can decide the layout, you have a Hearthstone that takes you there, you can invite people. A house in Stormwind would be interesting, sure, but for all intents and purposes, you have one already.

Deleted
    Garrison is not player housing.
    So shut up troll
    Not very convincing. It really is player housing, it has all the characteristics required.

It's private instance - but you can invite your friends.
    You can customize it - change layout, select different buildings, put up statues, change the race of and display your guild banners.
    You have rooms that display your trophies and archeology finds.
    You can have your own bank and your own AH.
    It even has a bunch of minigames inside it (Invasions) - and you can do them with your friends.

What the hell do you actually want from it? What is the requirement spec for player housing that the Garrisons doesn't fill?
    Is it because you can't change the colour of the curtains? Or because you can't buy blue flowerpots from the store? Is that what you want to spend your time doing?

You can argue that they suck and they aren't very well implemented and they ruined the game with passive gameplay features- and I'd agree. But that's not any different from any other player housing, they're all passive. I have hard time seeing what the draw would be - since Garrisons failed so spectacularly, yet implemented most of the requirements people have for housing.

You really can't say the Garrisons are not player housing. They totally are.
    Last edited by mmoc0e47cbaaf5; 2016-12-10 at 12:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Flurryfang View Post
    The more optional content there is, the higher the chance is for something of it to be actual content for you. I have a guildie, who mainly play because she likes the pet battle system and that is her primary thing she uses her time on. If they made housing ingame, there would proberly be a part of the playerbase, who would be happy with using alot of their time on that system, and therefore making it actual content for you.

It is also hard to define what actual content is. If you are not raiding within WoW, then you would proberly not call additional raids as actual content. It all depends on what you enjoy playing. If enough energy was put into player housing, some people would proberly play it as a main thing. Some people in Wildstar for example, play the game only to play around with the housing system. You actual create a completly new playerbase, which only do quests, dungeons and raids, just to get more components to put in their housing area
    Here is the thing though, if you are an individual who doesn't raid, you might not use the content, but you would call it actual content. I'm not sure the same would be said for lots of people playing WoW. I mean you are talking to someone who loved it in SWG, other than the original Jedi grind that I eventually did, I spent 90% of my time crafting, which means I spent loads of time messing with housing.

The problem becomes, as others have asked, what is its purpose? You mention people doing content just to get stuff for their housing, but I gotta wonder how many people does that bring in and keep in WoW? 10k, 20k? 100k? If you are Blizzard does that justify the development costs over just doubling down on other content you are already producing?

It's just my opinion, I think you see legacy servers out of them before you see player housing. Frankly I haven't seen that large of a call for it since Garrisons.

I don't want this feature in WoW. Garrison was the closest thing we had to player housing. It was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    As title says I don't understand why Blizzard are dragging their heels regarding player housing... Wildstar despite its many flaws possibly had the best player housing in any MMORPG, hell even WoWs biggest competitors FFXIV and SWTOR has player housing and that's almost universally praised by the players. Instead Blizzard gave us two poor-man's housing in the form of garrisons and class halls that didn't give much if any customization and get abandoned. Player housing could actually be an expansion feature designed to last unlike the garrison, class hall and artifacts that are obsolete a year later.

I find the argument "we don't want people not in the world" argument BS. I would rather a personal hub I can invite friends to, not some class hall surrounded by strangers not even talking! I also don't believe the "WoW doesn't have the technology" argument. Obviously some people aren't interested in player housing like some people aren't interested in PvP or Raiding but it would give us a new form of content to do at endgame be it crafting decor, running dungeons for decor, buying decor, etc!
    Because WoW is not Sims.
    To clarify, you fight Legion on many fronts, you are soldier of sorts. You get to live the soldier life, and guess what, soldiers don't have nice houses that they spent hours picking furniture for... they have bases. Be an epic character in an epic game, don't be a freakin' wedding planner. There are other games for that. Imagine Aragorn asking Gandalf for portal to his house because he must choose new drapes and redecorate... in the middle of a fight for the Helm's Deep. Seems funny? Now think of what's going on in WoW and read your post again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ping-pong View Post
    Because WoW is not Sims.
    To clarify, you fight Legion on many fronts, you are soldier of sorts. You get to live the soldier life, and guess what, soldiers don't have nice houses that they spent hours picking furniture for... they have bases. Be an epic character in an epic game, don't be a freakin' wedding planner. There are other games for that. Imagine Aragorn asking Gandalf for portal to his house because he must choose new drapes and redecorate... in the middle of a fight for the Helm's Deep. Seems funny? Now think of what's going on in WoW and read your post again.
    Actually we're adventurers / class leaders

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why people think just because one game has something WoW has to have it too. Can't WoW be it's own game?
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

It'll be fluff that people lose interest in after a week. Do people really want to sit in a house in the game? Is this really a thing?

Garrison wasn't player housing, it offered zero customization which is the selling point of housing, Garrison was just a profession hub
    https://www.walmart.com/ip/109617949

Play house until your heart's content. Wow doesn't need "player housing"...

i have no problem with guild halls, although i still think they be pointless, as most people from ym experience have meetings through voice chat or a special spot in game with chat and voice.

house though..... NOOOO PLEASE NOOOOO!!!

waste of time and resources for fluff with no actual value in any way except for people who like playing house or Erotic roleplay

What resources?
    Most of the artwork is already done.
    Pet battles barely took any resources.
    Why do you think player housing will take so much?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

Deleted
    What resources?
    Most of the artwork is already done.
    Pet battles barely took any resources.
    Why do you think player housing will take so much?
    I don't understand this either, the items are already IN THE GAME as is the technology to place stuff. All that needs working is a very basic UI

I don't understand this either, the items are already IN THE GAME as is the technology to place stuff. All that needs working is a very basic UI
    then email blizzard, tell them you can make player housing for free and be considered a god by the community who wants housing

Fun police seem to here.
    Go away no one likes you.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

because you don't raid in player housing, duh

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    If they were to introduce every highly desired feature in one expansion...
    We're talking about player housing though...

They would only do player housing if they can profit from it, and only way to make money off of player housing is with a cash shop full of decos.

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    They would only do player housing if they can profit from it, and only way to make money off of player housing is with a cash shop full of decos.
    I'm cool with that. Cosmetic cash shops are perfectly fine in my opinion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Soul View Post
    You say that like it's a bad thing... Least it would add cash in the pot to fund your raids