Poll: Which new race would you want next?

Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

New Race you'd like to see playable

Going over many suggestions over the years on what people would like to play, lets see what people want to play as a new race the most.

I'm excluding alternative versions of already preexisting races, unless they have a character model thats very different from the original. So no high elves or broken or anything like that.

Ogres , Vrykul, Dragonkin, Murlocs, Naga, Centaur, Arakkoa, Ethereal, Gnolls, Kobold.
    #boycottchina

Hozen.
    Best one hour of raid of my life was when Coin of Many Faces turned me a Hozen.

7+ Year Old Account
    Give us ethereals!

- - - Updated - - -

i want to play as a space mummy

Formerly known as Arafal

7+ Year Old Account
    Protoss, or Zerg.

Deleted
    Ogres apparently have been considered for Horde race even before BElves. I'd like Vrykuls ins Alliance.

Glad to see that I'm not the only one that likes Arakkoa. They're very interesting and have been in wc lore since forever.

Ogres and Ethereals. I've wanted to play an ogre shaman for a long time, and both races fit into the horde and alliance themes well. Ogre lore probably sucks though. Maybe they could make sentinels a playable race, that'd be badass.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Something new and never seen before.

I've always like the Naga look. Naga hunter would be awesome for me.

naga are probably my biggest want.

ive also come to really like satyr.
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Naga, I feel like they're getting more and more likely since Blizz has started dropping obtuse hints about splinter groups of Naga that question Azshara's rule or aren't necessarily evil, and that's been the beginning of a race turning playable in the past (See: Worgen)

Arrakoa would be nice too, but they fall into the trap of Draenei where they'd have to be forced into any story because it wouldn't make sense for either outcast or winged Arrakoa to leave Draenor.

Ethereal is third pick, and also likely I think just because the scope of the universe is getting so wide that it would welcome space-faring mummies, and their homeworld was explicitly destroyed by a void god so I could see them throwing their chips in with us to take them out.

I'd say dragonkin because I'm biased (obviously), but I acknowledge they would probably be even harder to pull off then Naga and unlikely to ever happen.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2016-12-05 at 08:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    You forgot Tuskarr and Grummels. Aside from the Vrykul, Tuskarr and Grummels are two of my most wanted races.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

Elemental Lord Lady Dragonheart's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Amongst the Wilds, or in my Garrison... >.>
    There are a lot of races that I would like to playable. However, in terms of actually create and play to a point where they are a legit alt (raid-equivalent gear, and fully written for RP) would be:

- Vrykul Warrior (not sure of gender, I may race change my human warrior).
    - Dryad Druid (female, of course), race change from my Night Elf druid.
    - (Alliance) High Elf Death Knight, I'd faction change my Blood Elf Death Knight (which I RP as a non-undead Quel'dorei Spellbreaker).

So, just by adding them, Blizzard would get a good amount of money, almost immediately, from me on the matter...

As a side note, I feel that Horde deserves Orges (with Mooks as a subrace), as a playable race, it is so fitting with Horde lore, that it's something that should have been add a long time ago. I feel that the reason it hasn't happened, however, is the lack of new race options for Alliance races.
    I am both the Lady of Dusk, Vheliana Nightwing & Dark Priestess of Lust, Loreleî Legace!
    ~~ ~~
    <3 ~ I am also the ever-enticing leader of <The Coven of Dusk Desires> on Moon Guard!

Glad to see High Elf has been left off the list.

As it should be.

Nightborne, and probably Ethereals

But I'd like to see sub-races, e.g. red space goats

10+ Year Old Account
    You really need to pick 2 races. One for Horde and one for Alliance. My pick is Murlocs and Naga. Not sure yet who would be with witch each faction. Need more background info. But I think 2 races should be picked. I really dislike the panda race being a choice for both factions. Although blizz did make it kind of work.

Quote Originally Posted by Phantombeard View Post
    You really need to pick 2 races. One for Horde and one for Alliance. My pick is Murlocs and Naga. Not sure yet who would be with witch each faction. Need more background info. But I think 2 races should be picked. I really dislike the panda race being a choice for both factions. Although blizz did make it kind of work.
    TBF, Blizz didn't like it either

Been looking forward to Ethereals since forever, please add them.

Stood in the Fire The5thVegetable's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Probably not the most popular opinion, but the race i'd like the most is actually Murlocs. Believe it or not, they have a lot of potential as a playable race! Besides that, i'd also like to see Ogres, as it's about damn time those were added. Besides those, i'd also love to see playable Arakkoa. I'd like the first 2 for Horde, and Arakkoa could probably work for the Alliance. Of course, since 2 picks would be needed, I say, if Murlocs were added to Horde, the Alliance could get some kind of like... Subspecies of Naga, which has that little thing called Legs that Naga doesn't have. Then Ogres for Horde, Arakkoa for Alliance.

Definitely Ethereals, with Arrakoa in second place (though I think they'd present more challenges). Ogres are good too.
    Gnolls would actually be pretty interesting if only to see a new gnoll model that doesn't look like crap.

I like Naga a lot but I don't want them to be playable because I don't believe people's theories that a legless race could ever work, and naga with legs would remove the reason I'd want to play as a Naga (because it wouldn't be one, it'd just be a watery elf).
    Also really glad you didn't put "High Elf" on this poll, my #1 most hated race suggestion :P