Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Upcoming Heroes Of The Storm Balance Update — December 6/7, 2016

10+ Year Old Account
    They didn't change King's Quest for Varian?

I guess I will continue to completely ignore that talent.

I really like the Artanis and Rehgar changes. I'm happy with the Diablo changes aswell since I really like playing him, on the other hand, he's a pain in the dick to play against.

Oh, thought this was for the Rag PTR patch, not the balance patch. >.<

For the PTR one I am curious about the change to taunt, kinda doubt that an HP increase/mana reduction is what it needed but we'll see. Any talent diversity would be welcome since I do go for the fury build most of the time. Glad Nazeebo is being looked at aswell, kinda dislike him after his revamp, though quite a few people don't seem to like new Nazeebo as much.

Anub finally getting his much needed HP increase is welcome too. :d
    Last edited by ophion1990; 2016-12-05 at 09:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    They didn't change King's Quest for Varian?

I guess I will continue to completely ignore that talent.
    What's the problem with that talent? It's all I ever take.

King's Quest is the best level 1 talent if you're going for an Assassin build.

Rain of Destruction (R) - Cast range increased by roughly 10%

Because that was the issue. Honestly, if they made the heroic non-channelled, just a point and click do damage it still would be inferior to Horrify.

Varian's Warbringer is so backwards to me, I feel the baselines CD should be 6s and adding the stun increases the CD to 10 or 12s
    Last edited by Ryme; 2016-12-05 at 10:04 PM.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post

Because that was the issue. Honestly, if they made the heroic non-channelled, just a point and click do damage it still would be inferior to Horrify.

Varian's Warbringer is so backwards to me, I feel the baselines CD should be 6s and adding the stun increases the CD to 10 or 12s
    Warbringer should be split in two talents, one for CD reduction and one for adding the stun. It remains a wildly oppressive talent.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Quote Originally Posted by NoiseTank13 View Post
    Warbringer should be split in two talents, one for CD reduction and one for adding the stun. It remains a wildly oppressive talent.
    No it shouldn't. Though I don't actually mind the idea Ryme just said there.

Quote Originally Posted by Fabray View Post
    No it shouldn't.
    Fantastic counter argument.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    I really like the Artanis and Rehgar changes.
    I'm blind. What Artanis and Rehgar changes?

Super unhappy with the Monk changes. The game needs another viable solo healer much more than it needs another slightly OP melee dps - for lack of a better word, after all he's listed as support even with the damage trait.

And they really seem to want to get rid of Ming and Falstad after both were highly popular for eternity +- 2 weeks. While I can understand where they are coming from, nerfing two <48% WR heroes feels heavy handed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    King's Quest is the best level 1 talent if you're going for an Assassin build.
    Only if you go Fury.

That other questing talent for his Q is much better for Arms because your AAs are too slow to get much value out of burst window from Colossus Smash.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post
    http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...%94-December-5

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryme View Post

I d/c'd once in a QM with Gul'dan and the bot picked RoD for me. Map was Garden of Terror. I was *really* surprised by the damage it does. I took the 20 upgrade for the sake of it. Standing behind our gate and bombarding their team + Terror with the Ulti was a very memorable experience.

That being said, the channel is the same problem like Nazeebos Ravenous Spirit.
    Speaking of wich, Nazeebos mana costs are way too hight imho.

I think the Ming wave clear nerfs are really needed. Her ability to clear lanes that fast between objectives was too good in my opinion.
    Last edited by mmoca1e9535a29; 2016-12-06 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Azari View Post
    I d/c'd once in a QM with Gul'dan and the bot picked RoD for me. Map was Garden of Terror. I was *really* surprised by the damage it does. I took the 20 upgrade for the sake of it. Standing behind our gate and bombarding their team + Terror with the Ulti was a very memorable experience.

That being said, the channel is the same problem like Nazeebos Ravenous Spirit.
    Speaking of wich, Nazeebos mana costs are way too hight imho.

I think the Ming wave clear nerfs are really needed. Her ability to clear lanes that fast between objectives was too good in my opinion.
    My major problem with Rain is that it's completely random. You can wipe someone out entirely, or you can hit no one whatsoever. Once you've cast it, you're no longer in control of what it does.

Deleted
    Ironically, that is the same problem i have with haunt. You either fear them away into safety from your attack range and your other mates, or into your team where they can be blown up during the fear duration. The only realiable factor is the disruption. Whether it offers kill opportunities or denies them is random.

Quote Originally Posted by thevoicefromwithin View Post

Super unhappy with the Monk changes. The game needs another viable solo healer much more than it needs another slightly OP melee dps - for lack of a better word, after all he's listed as support even with the damage trait.

And they really seem to want to get rid of Ming and Falstad after both were highly popular for eternity +- 2 weeks. While I can understand where they are coming from, nerfing two <48% WR heroes feels heavy handed.
    Yeah, sorry, edited my post after to explain the mix up.

Ironically, that is the same problem i have with haunt. You either fear them away into safety from your attack range and your other mates, or into your team where they can be blown up during the fear duration. The only realiable factor is the disruption. Whether it offers kill opportunities or denies them is random.
    Enemies hit by Haunt run away from the center of the AOE. I've seen Muis land some really good ones recently.

Deleted
    I will have to try that!

10+ Year Old Account
    I will have to try that!
    You have to get a feel for how to use Horrify.
    Maybe a bold statement but almost every Horrify I land gets atleast 1 enemy into our team for blow up and if their healer is clumped up with the rest - I generally land it so that it will seperate the supp from the enemy team or from a saveable target ;-)

Like Nerraw said, it fears them away from the centre so try to land them with that in mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    Enemies hit by Haunt run away from the center of the AOE.
    I nice quality of life change would be to have a center dot on abilities with similar function, so far we have only two - Wave of Force and Horrify.

Sometimes the perspective can be just tricky, but it is all about practice. My biggest revelation in using tricky abilities is, that my aim wasn't that bad as my positioning was too extreme in a sense I was trying to cast them from furthest range possible. Just being a pixel away from perfect aim can screw up your intention. So when you are learning to use those abilities, just don't try to cast them on max range and better go slightly deeper to have a good result. Over the time you will build a sense of using that ability. Also don't try to be super quick in everything you do unless you are a mechanical god.

For example when I was doing combo on Alarak, I had to program myself to cast it on lesser range than the actual range is. Because of the slight delay caused by dragging mechanic, it made me to miss it a lot. I also had to learn to stop being so 'trigger' happy because while doing the combo on close range I often pulled them in and when my dragging motion went behind Alarak and I casted Discord Strike to the wrong direction as I originally wanted. Or my aim wasn't that good caused by all the fast swinging motion. Now I basically try to pull them in and try to catch them with Discord Strike on their way out. Maybe it is just a change of thinking pattern, I don't know.