Low DPS as fire mage

Hello Guys

My thread about a Mage that does high Burst then without knowing whats going on he seems to drop very fast.

I Need Assistance from you that can figure out whats is going wrong with a Guild Raider he have decent gear but not with the DPS he's pulling doesn't feel right to me
    I will be very thankful if you can assist me in making him become better at his class

Here is his Armory Link - eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/kazzak/K%C3%B4k%C3%B4/simple

A Log you can Check - warcraftlogs.com/reports/tYgp6MDQbTkarjVq#fight=2&type=damage-done

Deleted
    http://www.checkmywow.com/reports/tY...75/2?tab=basic

paired with bad legendaries and awful attempt of gearing himself properly for mythic = bottom damage

a vast majority of mage best gear is in mythic+ and he's ran 26 mythic+ dungeons 20 of them being sub level 5

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports...&view=timeline

Their opener looks wrong as I cannot see where they popped combustion so can only assume they popped BEFORE the boss was pulled, I also cannot see when they used the back to back rune of power at start.

They are using Living Bomb on ST (I don't believe adds are up long enough to warrant it overall) and I don't think there's even adds up within the first 15s

They are using conflag again this is ST primarily the adds get blown up so not really even worth switching as a fire mage, they should be using pyromaniac for more pyros.

I can see a burst cycle @ roughly 139s into the fight where they manage to get 5 pyros into the burst this should be 7-8 depending on troll racial timing its also best if possible to start with heating up or a pyro mid fight since then you can fire more into the cycle.

They are not using icy floes AT ALL, which says to me they are losing a lot of dps due to movement on this fight unless they are literally shimmering everywhere at all times (unlikely due to the cd) also unlikely given they have cast scorch numerous times which is a DPS loss regardless these days even with the current legendary belt.

Only 3 x Flame On used entire fight (5:45 fight) time in the fight to get max of 7 so have lost roughly 8 pyros of damage+ignite. They did use fireblast (only missing 1) on cooldown so unsure why they didn't use these extra charges.

In short some fundamentals are really wrong, gearing looks ok albeit low end level and hive is poor, opener is poor, talent choice is poor, cooldown usage is poor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Equim View Post
    I really don't see anything wrong with playing what you enjoy. Be it Frost, Fire, Arcane or Hello Kitty Island Adventure.

thank you very much for the effort you put in to point out the missing factors of my friend and its a very useful things to clarify the doubt with him I hope he can be a better raider with all these points

Cheers <3