Page 31 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Or maybe it just shows how well Republicans did disfranchising millions of US voters?

Trump got nearly the exact same amount of votes as Romney when he lost in 2012 and also lost the popular vote to Clinton by 2.8 million+ and counting.

But who cares about the US citizens who were successfully fucked by the Republicans, they better get used to it, right?
    Actually, the first and obvious explanation of much lower Democrat turn-out for Clinton than Obama is also that the Democrats didn't an exceptional job finding a rubbish candidate. See, when Romney lost millions of votes from McCain's 2008 run, that was the obvious and natural conclusion to draw -- fewer people felt like voting for him. Not tin-foil hatted nonsense.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Oktoberfest View Post
    I think youd stop laughing pretty quick. Unless you like the idea of the govt being overthrown and the Left fleeing the nation
    Tell us how you'd overhrow the guberment and fight for your freedumbs.

It totally doesn't make you look entirely deranged. This country needs better mental healthcare I swear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Tell us how you'd overhrow the guberment and fight for your freedumbs.

It totally doesn't make you look entirely deranged. This country needs better mental healthcare I swear.
    They always talk tough. Its nothing but chicken talk from a chicken hawk. Were gonna revolt cause obama is comin fur our guns!! And.our jabz!! Were gonna revolt if Hillary is da president!!! At this point i wish they would stfu and try. Then they would at least expose themselves for having too much ammunition and too little sense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormdash View Post
    Actually, the first and obvious explanation of much lower Democrat turn-out for Clinton than Obama is also that the Democrats didn't an exceptional job finding a rubbish candidate. See, when Romney lost millions of votes from McCain's 2008 run, that was the obvious and natural conclusion to draw -- fewer people felt like voting for him. Not tin-foil hatted nonsense.
    No, I think Espe just admitted that Muslim Obama rigged the vote.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    They always talk tough. Its nothing but chicken talk from a chicken hawk. Were gonna revolt cause obama is comin fur our guns!! And.our jabz!! Were gonna revolt if Hillary is da president!!! At this point i wish they would stfu and try. Then they would at least expose themselves for having too much ammunition and too little sense.
    I was hoping he'd answer me because those are my thoughts exactly:

Either stop being a keyboard warrior, or go make the 5 o'clock news.

Probably some projection there; where history has been written in the blood of forcible overthrow of government and summary execution of political enemies, it has been written by creatures of the political left, i.e. the communist devolutions of Russia, China, Cuba. When it is what you would do, it is what you assume others would do (the generic 'you'). Apart from blustering, there's no history of that from conservatives* and no likelihood. First thing that would happen would be litigation; the premise being that an elector who violated a state law to vote another way would mean the EC result would be unconstitutional since it denied the state power to determine how its electors are chosen (i.e. on condition of loyalty). If unsuccessful, an Article V convention of states to basically redesign the federal government from the ground up via amendment, which if ratified might lead to secession by non-ratifying states.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Have there been any other Trump EC reps going faithless. One doesn't really matter. Neither does 10. 30 might be interesting though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Have there been any other Trump EC reps going faithless. One doesn't really matter. Neither does 10. 30 might be interesting though.
    Two have publicly said they wont vote for him, wont know the final count really until after the 19th.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Two have publicly said they wont vote for him, wont know the final count really until after the 19th.
    Interesting - is the second not the other guy in Texas who resigned?

I signed a petition to request the EC Reps vote someone other than Trump in (not my point here, just building the backstory), and in doing so sent an email to all the EC Reps. Interestingly (but not surprisingly), I got back some auto replies. All were perfunctory but some had a line or two indicating that all threats will be turned over to the proper authorities. I can't imagine what those poor saps are going through right now.

The GOP Hate Machine has to be turning on Full Burn right about now.

I can't see the EC not voting properly per the election.
    There is already a huge distrust and divide in this country that any kind of breach of voter trust could be potentially disastrous.
    Regardless of how the EC turns out, Hillary gets in by some swing of votes or there is a dead lock and Trump gets in by Congressional vote, the reps in the EC would be held accountable and would basically be getting their resumes ready come Dec 20. No one is going to vote for an official who goes against their constituents wishes.

At this point both Trump or Hillary are equally bad for this country. But the repercussions of a coup bringing in Hillary after the voting is over would severely weaken the institution. Likely weaken democrats as well because independent voters are going to see that party negatively after some how arresting control after losing the vote.

Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    Interesting - is the second not the other guy in Texas who resigned?

I signed a petition to request the EC Reps vote someone other than Trump in (not my point here, just building the backstory), and in doing so sent an email to all the EC Reps. Interestingly (but not surprisingly), I got back some auto replies. All were perfunctory but some had a line or two indicating that all threats will be turned over to the proper authorities. I can't imagine what those poor saps are going through right now.

The GOP Hate Machine has to be turning on Full Burn right about now.
    I wouldn't be surprised if some Republicans were threatening the people that are claiming to flip.

I also wouldn't be surprised by Democrats threatening everyone they possibly can to flip votes.

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised if some Republicans were threatening the people that are claiming to flip.

I also wouldn't be surprised by Democrats threatening everyone they possibly can to flip votes.
    They aren't talking about Flipping it to Clinton, they are talking about flipping it to another Republican candidate since the republicans did win the EC (even though losing the popular vote by HUGE numbers of effectively disenfranchised voters)

Would be a little interesting to watch the Republians effectively do to Trump after the fact what the Democrats were doing to Sanders during the process.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually
    Actually, only the Republicans have actively disfranchised US citizens. Period. No other political party in the US would even dream of it. Period.

If that doesn't bother you I guess you don't really give a fuck about democracy or the US as much as your side winning no matter how many people it harms.

Thanks for admitting that at least, I guess.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Fugus View Post
    They aren't talking about Flipping it to Clinton, they are talking about flipping it to another Republican candidate since the republicans did win the EC (even though losing the popular vote by HUGE numbers of effectively disenfranchised voters)

Would be a little interesting to watch the Republians effectively do to Trump after the fact what the Democrats were doing to Sanders during the process.
    Well, hey. If they want to keep the Never Trump furor going, more power to them. I just hope they are prepared to be cast in a bad light for going against him.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    What
    "I moved on her like a bitch." - Donald J. Trump in his 50s bragging about sexually assaulting a young married girl, while his third trophy wife / illegal alien is home pregnant.

"What" indeed
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

Quote Originally Posted by Dextroden View Post
    Well, hey. If they want to keep the Never Trump furor going, more power to them. I just hope they are prepared to be cast in a bad light for going against him.
    They would be cast in an even worse light if they went with him on many of his horrible plans.

As for the EC, I personally am kinda torn on it.

I know Trump is a huge mistake for the nation and will do untold damage with his policies just going by the policies he has already stated and his picks so far or how he spread his butt for Carrier, let alone what the future holds. So on that point, I kinda want them to replace him but....

But at the same time, that would be breaking the rules again and setting a really bad precedence (Which the republicans already did regularly in the past 16 years) that could be abused to remove anyone who might actually do good in this nation or anyone the establishment didn't like which might actually be enough to piss off both parties and have them wanting to try and fix the voting system.

And if Trump gets in, even with them fighting him the entire time, he may destroy the Republican party down ballot for years or even decades. Though I know a bunch of his supporters will refuse to acknowledge the damage and actually blame it on either Obama or whomever replaces Trump similar to how they blame Obama for many things that were solely Bush to blame and he wasn't able to clean up fast enough.
    Since we can't call out Trolls and Bad Faith posters and the Ignore function doesn't actually ignore it. Add
    "mmo-champion.com##li.postbitignored"
    to your ublock or adblock filter to actually ignore ignored posters. Now just need a way to ignore responses to them as well.

Actually, only the Republicans have actively disfranchised US citizens. Period. No other political party in the US would even dream of it. Period.

If that doesn't bother you I guess you don't really give a fuck about democracy or the US as much as your side winning no matter how many people it harms.

Thanks for admitting that at least, I guess.
    What I don't care about is the counter-factual and irrational belief that if Democrats ever have lower turnout from one election over another, it's per se proof of voter suppression. The only thing that "suppressed" Democrat turnout is their rubbish candidate.

10+ Year Old Account
    proof of voter suppression
    Again, there is only one party in the that actively works to disfranchise millions of US citizens, the Republican party.

That is all that should need to be said.

only one party in the that actively works to disfranchise millions
    we know its the Democrats, no need to tell us.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    we know its the Democrats, no need to tell us.
    Who are these 'millions' that the Democrats are trying to disenfranchise.