Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    If it's going to be like a Black Mirror episode does that mean individual citizens will be rating each other, or is that just a juicy bit of click-bait?

Also, is the system going to be that different from Western nations where companies can deny you services based on credit-rating and companies monitor and discipline employees based on their social media content?

I remember reading about this like a year ago. The technology and implementation is kinda cool. I even sorta like the 'pass for greater travel and services' thing in an abstract sense. However, I also think this is fucked up in a certain sense.

Deleted
    Pft, you guys act like credit score here in the west isn't doing borderline the same thing. Add a few bells and whistles and send the data to the police and voila, same problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    Yeah, fantastic show. Accurate episode for a handful of things already. If an Uber driver drops below 4.7/5 stars, they can't drive for Uber anymore.
    Yes, even though it was one of my least favorite episodes of season 3, it was still good.
    Btw, I deleted my earlier post because I was late noticing that the OP mentioned Black Mirror in his post
    Asus ROG MAXIMUS XI CODE | Intel Core i9-9900k | 32GB RAM DDR4-3200 CL16 | ASUS RTX 2080 SUPER

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap
    It's called the "Sesame score".
    No, gods damn it, it isn't, and that has been repeatedly debunked in your own posts on this topic. You keep repeating absolute tripe.

Edit: This is something like the fourth time the topic has been brought up on this forum. Two things exist -- a credit score program called Sesame Credit, and a social credit directive. The two have some degree of relationship, but they are not the same.

For a more detailed analysis of the social credit score: http://foreignpolicy.com/2016/08/15/...-its-citizens/

For example:
    As Rogier Creemers has pointed out, China’s social credit system, is not new — even within the context of technology-enabled surveillance and policing. The social credit system has clear antecedents in the broader official Chinese discussion of “public security informatization” in the late 2000s and early 2010s, and the disgraced former security chief Zhou Yongkang arguably is the father. The ideas behind the social credit system were part of a series of articles (since scrubbed from the Internet) in which Zhou is credited as the author describing a “social management system” to monitor happiness, encourage compliance, and shape decisions that could affect social stability. In a social management sense, the concept of monitoring, compliance and shaping stretches back decades, but the technological advances to see these aspirations realized is more recent.
    The actual text of the social credit plan has been available online for some time now. For those who actually want to see the information directly: https://chinacopyrightandmedia.wordp...tem-2014-2020/

For information about Sesame Credit and similar credit plans: http://www.chinadailyasia.com/busine..._15274221.html

To further address the difference between the two: https://www.techinasia.com/china-cit...stem-orwellian
    Last edited by shadowmouse; 2016-12-07 at 01:03 PM.
    With COVID-19 making its impact on our lives, I have decided that I shall hang in there for my remaining days, skip some meals, try to get children to experiment with making henna patterns on their skin, and plant some trees. You know -- live, fast, dye young, and leave a pretty copse. I feel like I may not have that quite right.