Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    Hmm..... why did the CEO meet up with Trump prior to the announcement then? Also, he pretty much said Trump's policies are the reason why they decided to do this lol.
    Because there is a sprint / T mobile merger that he wants badly and it would have tanked under the current regulatory system and Trump is promising to break down regulation so that his mega merger can go through.
    In August, Bloomberg reported that Son was still eyeing T-Mobile and would still like to merge it with Sprint. In 2014, the Japanese billionaire considered buying T-Mobile, but dropped the effort once U.S. officials signaled they would be against the potential merger.
    http://www.cnbc.com/2016/12/06/sprin...ion-in-us.html
    Last edited by Draco-Onis; 2016-12-07 at 03:23 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    It's very easy to claim anything at all. For instance, I'm actually Megyn Kelly. Do you believe me? Probably not. Why?

Consider that perhaps Trump is not really accomplishing much of anything and is basically handing businesses exactly what they want for small gains, if any, and in exchange they're giving him good publicity, which costs them nothing, so he can perpetuate his image as the type of person who would write a book called The Art of the Deal. Would it look any different?
    Smoke and mirrors while softbank and screws the American customers by creating a huge monopoly.

We only know that this Japanese company is "investing" 50 billion, we don't know if they are creating jobs or buying a company and moving its assets to Japan or out right liquidating a competitor. Trump is way too desperate to put feathers in his cap and this may be yet another smokescreen fart like Carrier was, which is a shit deal because we have them millions and are only keeping jobs they intended to keep anyways.
    If you push a button that finds you a 'random group' and it gives you a random group of people with random skill and random knowledge then you have no right to complain that a 'random group' button did what it was designed to do. The fault lies in your inability to make friends to play with instead of relying on a button designed to be random. It is a 'random group' button, not a 'best of the best' button.

Quote Originally Posted by badzerath View Post
    A political figure in America could literally cure cancer and their opponents would find a way to dismiss and attack.

That's because American politics has dissolved into majorities of people who think the other side wants to personally harm them as opposed to two viewpoints trying to reach the same ends. A prosperous America.

As to the news itself, it is good. The people directly responsible claim they were especially motivated by Trump's victory and their meetings with him. He is also some-what popular in Japan because of his stance on America's global defense of allied nations - such as Japan - and his thinking that they should be "allowed" to defend themselves. So it seems consistent something like this would happen to strengthen that relationship.

So far he has saved some jobs from leaving the country, earned private sector investments for new jobs, and encouraged control spending that directly affects him.

But you know he is the incarnation of evil, a racist, a xenophobe (married to a foreigner), blah blah blah
    Hey man I get it, I'm just saying that even if he's taking credit for something he had nothing to do with, he's hardly the first politician to do so, and it's really not worth getting into a fuss over. Presidents and politicians take credit for anything perceived as positive and deflect blame for everything. This goes for all parties to ever hold office. I mean, I suppose we could argue about it, but we might as well spend time arguing over who's shit smells more foul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by 10thMountainMan View Post
    Are we really running this low on shit to argue about??
    Just another thing the president elect didn't do and is trying to take credit for.

- - - Updated - - -

Hey man I get it, I'm just saying that even if he's taking credit for something he had nothing to do with, he's hardly the first politician to do so, and it's really not worth getting into a fuss over. Presidents and politicians take credit for anything perceived as positive and deflect blame for everything. This goes for all parties to ever hold office. I mean, I suppose we could argue about it, but we might as well spend time arguing over who's shit smells more foul.
    See the issue is one of proportion. Saying "all politicians take credit for stuff they didn't do every once and a while!" serves to do nothing but BURY the fact that Trump has made it a habitual facet of his campaign and, apparently presidency. Don't ACCEPT lies because "other people lied in the past!"
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracos854 View Post
    Smoke and mirrors
    welcome to politics, where you say one thing and do another.
    Hi

Sad thing is most people will look at this and say, "Wow 50 billion dollars is a lot." And that will be all the information they will get on it and all the thought they will put into it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Just another thing the president elect didn't do and is trying to take credit for.

- - - Updated - - -

See the issue is one of proportion. Saying "all politicians take credit for stuff they didn't do every once and a while!" serves to do nothing but BURY the fact that Trump has made it a habitual facet of his campaign and, apparently presidency. Don't ACCEPT lies because "other people lied in the past!"
    President Obama took credit for "ending the Iraq War" based on a withdrawal agreement and timeline set by President Bush. I'd say that constitutes a far bigger lie than one about a business deal.

And if a politician lies about what he's going to do to get your vote are you going to vote for him again just because not all politicians keep their promises? Accepting lies as normal is not good for a society. Trust is needed for society and politics to function. I seems to me like you are trying to say it should be ignored/accepted. And to use your analogy. If your shit smells more foul I am definitely not voting for you . I will go with less foul.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    And if a politician lies about what he's going to do to get your vote are you going to vote for him again just because not all politicians keep their promises? Accepting lies as normal is not good for a society. Trust is needed for society and politics to function. I seems to me like you are trying to say it should be ignored/accepted. And to use your analogy. If your shit smells more foul I am definitely not voting for you . I will go with less foul.
    Then don't vote for him. I didn't. Chances are though, your base ideology has far more to do with how you vote than your feelings toward a particular candidate. Just look at this forum. The mental gymnastics people go through to demonize their political opposition while excusing every excess of their own party as justified is pretty awful. I'd prefer they just come clean and say "I'm voting for candidate x because his policies line up with my personal ideology. I don't care if he's a scumbag."

Then don't vote for him. I didn't. Chances are though, your base ideology has far more to do with how you vote than your feelings toward a particular candidate. Just look at this forum. The mental gymnastics people go through to demonize their political opposition while excusing every excess of their own party as justified is pretty awful. I'd prefer they just come clean and say "I'm voting for candidate x because his policies line up with my personal ideology. I don't care if he's a scumbag."
    If you would like to know my voting strategy it is very simple. I vote for the person I deem least likely to end up causing military conflicts. Because in the end that is really the only difference between candidates, how willing they are to resist the military industrial complex. And it is the one that is most important especially to all the people who are not from the United States.

Your solution to just ignore lies or downplay them in an attempt to seem unbiased is not a good one in my opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Zmaniac17 View Post
    If you would like to know my voting strategy it is very simple. I vote for the person I deem least likely to end up causing military conflicts. Because in the end that is really the only difference between candidates, how willing they are to resist the military industrial complex. And it is the one that is most important especially to all the people who are not from the United States.

Your solution to just ignore lies or downplay them in an attempt to seem unbiased is not a good one in my opinion.
    You misunderstand me. I'm not shy about my bias, I'm just saying that we should not spend oxygen over little things like trade deals when the root cause of our disagreements are ideological, and don't hinge on whether Donald Trump is a great guy.

7+ Year Old Account
    Trump might turn out to be the best president in my lifetime.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Are you unborn?
    Is that like undead? You think I'm a zombie?

Uhhhh brains!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Drew79 View Post
    Is that like undead? You think I'm a zombie?

Uhhhh brains!!!
    Really stupid way of putting it but I think they meant if Trump is the best president in your lifetime, you haven't lived very long.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Calfredd View Post
    Really stupid way of putting it but I think they meant if Trump is the best president in your lifetime, you haven't lived very long.
    I'm young to some, and old to others.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Best part is. Guess who is paying for half of that now. lol
    Yeah Trump has been really good at spending other people's money in the past. Why should he stop now that he has the reins?
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    President Obama took credit for "ending the Iraq War" based on a withdrawal agreement and timeline set by President Bush. I'd say that constitutes a far bigger lie than one about a business deal.
    I remember the republicans also getting angry that Obama "pulled out of Iraq" despite the fact that it was an agreement set by president Bush.

So which is it?
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Well what's the catch?

There has literally been a catch for every single "good" thing Trump or his ilk have spouted out as a victory.

I'm certainly not going to take a Fox Business News video as nonpartisan.
    Hey @KrazyK923, isn't it funny how the Trumples can link main stream media that says something decent about Trump, but if you link something it's all "Main stream media is all just propaganda and lies, nothing they say can be trusted! Now here, let me show you how awesome Trump is with MSM links."
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Yeah Trump has been really good at spending other people's money in the past. Why should he stop now that he has the reins?
    Because you don't have to spend other people's money if you can legally print your own ?