Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hard trinket decision, help please

Hello. I have to decide which 2 out of 3 trinkets to use for Holy paladin.

I have:

- Horn of Cenarius heroic warforged (ilvl 875)
    - Jewel of Insatiable Desire mythic 10 titanforged (ilvl 880)
    - Horn of Valor mythic 8 warforged (ilvl 870)

I think that Jewel is kinda worse for me, am I right? I was really unlucky this week from class hall's chest to recieve that one.

Short, but best answer: sim it.

The jewel if used right is actually a brilliant healing trinket. It just doesn't show up as your healing done in logs or Recount.

Quote Originally Posted by Waltzinblack View Post
    The jewel if used right is actually a brilliant healing trinket. It just doesn't show up as your healing done in logs or Recount.
    Are those the only trinkets you have? At those ilevels you must have gotten something better? I have two of them (Haven't gotten the Jewel yet) and so far :

Horn of Cenarius : This is probably one of the worst holy paladin trinkets. The procc is barely useful in extreme situations (illgynoth mythic if you stack and burst as well as Odyn if you stack for the aoe) and in any other scenario it has been one of the worst I've managed to get. And when I tried it, it was ilvl875 vs 840 crit trinkets. This was after it was buffed. It also requires the wisp to hit BEFORE other healers heal up the targets. And even then the total healing was between 2-5m for the entire fight. Compare that to Vial of Nightmare fog that on average gets a shield for 3-6m without any stacking required.

Horn of Valor : Situational but also very versatile. You can use wings and the trinket for some strong opening DPS, or you can wait and use it for moments when you need extra throughput. Vers is our 2nd best stat after crit if you struggle with range.

I'd say the Jewel and the Horn of Valor are your best choices, simply because the Cenarius horn has been useless for me on 98% of the content so far.
    Last edited by satanicsuture; 2016-12-07 at 02:50 PM.

Yeah, I agree Cenarius active bonus is useless, I'm using it only because of that big mastery that it gives, have 35% mast, and without it 30%.

Bro, u have the worst trinkets for Holy. Horn is good only for wings, and the versa isnt great either. Try to gtet a WQ trinket with int+crit. And a the one from Dragons of Nightmare or Elerethe. FOR NOW, use horn of valor and jewel, bit someone who is dpsing and is low on hp.

But WQ trinkets are 840 ilvl... its so low =\ I'll just get one from Dragons.

I have gotten trinkets about that Ilvl too, but I still use my 845 and 850 stat-sticks. constant, passive stat boosts are the way to go for healing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Squickly View Post
    But WQ trinkets are 840 ilvl... its so low =\ I'll just get one from Dragons.
    Base is 840, just do the WQ and pray that RNG gives you a titanforged trinket. Keep in mind the stat sticks have primary stat, which with how poorly secondary stats scale with ilvl they can still beat out higher ilvl trinkets. Ilvl is not king, remember that when picking trinkets and jewelry.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I agree Cenarius active bonus is useless, I'm using it only because of that big mastery that it gives, have 35% mast, and without it 30%.
    Mastery is terrible for healing though :/ So many fights people are all spread out so it is effectively an empty stat.

Is Darkmoon Deck: Hellfire (8/8 obliterum) good along with Vial of Nightmare Fog?

Is Darkmoon Deck: Hellfire (8/8 obliterum) good along with Vial of Nightmare Fog?
    Yes. Basically BiS. Ideally You want 42.5% crit+. Since wings doubles our crit chance, at 45% crit you ahve a 90% chance of critting holy shock which then activates infusion of light.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Yes. Basically BiS. Ideally You want 42.5% crit+. Since wings doubles our crit chance, at 45% crit you ahve a 90% chance of critting holy shock which then activates infusion of light.
    Ok, I went for those two trinkets, have 42.26% crit atm.. thanks all.

@OP How do you have "Jewel of Insatiable Desire mythic 10 titanforged (ilvl 880)", especially the fact that you say it says mythic 10 on it, that trinket is from Violet Hold which is not a M+ dungeon... I suppose the cache but I don't think the weekly cache gives any loot from VH or at least my 3 level 110's have never gotten any loot from weekly cache that was from VH.

Now if you just mean that trinket at 880 ilvl that's fine, but you saying it says Mythic 10 throws me off

You can get VH gear in your weekly cache, some of which are very good.

Yep, it was from weekly cache in class hall.

Quote Originally Posted by mariovsgoku View Post
    Not entirely correct. Avenging Wrath increases our crit chance by 20%, Holy shock has double crit chance as your base rating. AW is also counted before the shock, so in this case you get 62.5% crit and obviously go above 100% with wings when you holy shock.

The way it looks now (Pending any further changes) you need 42.5 or 45% crit to reach the softcap. The softcap 45% crit and the Nighthold 2 set bonus "Increases Holy Shock's critical strike chance by 10%." or 42.5% crit "Increases Holy Shock's critical strike chance by 15%."

This depends on which 2set bonus makes it to live.

The softcaps are so you can guarantee a 100% Holy shock crit without wings.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I went for those two trinkets, have 42.26% crit atm.. thanks all.
    42.26% is a good start, you should be able to reach 42.5% with food. Should also mention that a stat stick with crit is way stronger than the Cenarius horn. I cleared 7/7 heroic EN with an 845 Int/Crit stick and used it until I got the Vial from Dragons.

Itemlevel means nothing. Crit is our main stat, Int goes without saying. You're comparing 1k int/800 crit vs 1050 or so mastery with a useless on-use ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    Mastery is terrible for healing though :/ So many fights people are all spread out so it is effectively an empty stat.
    Mastery is our second best stat. PLay with a b etter group or position yourself smarter.

Concave Reflecting Lens from VoW and Naglfr Fare from Maw of Souls are great holy trinkets in addition to Dragon trinket and Int/Crit stat sticks you can find.

Sorry, again me.. just wanted to add another quick question. Since I just recieved my another legendary, it's ring with a socket slot.. should I use +200 intellect gem (the one that icy veins recommends on having one) or just go with +150 crit?
    Last edited by Squickly; 2016-12-14 at 11:22 PM.