Page 1 of 2
LastLast

7.1.5 Destruction second row of talents

After that 2% and 5s buff on Improved Life Tab, is it worth to take it or we should keep going with 1 of the others? In that case, which one would be better, Erradication or Reverse Entropy?

In my opinion, once you have the tier CB cast time buff: Erradication>>RE. But I'm not sure, could someone confirm it?

As far as current tuning is concerned, you will take Life tap in every scenario.

Deleted
    So its like a demonic empowerment for destro? Seems kinda dull if you ask meh.

Deleted
    Even if ELT is going to be better than the other option I'm not playing that aids. Life tap is a a mechanic that died in tbc and should've stayed dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not terribly excited about ELT, I hope it won't end up mandatory. Right now it is poised to be that, unless some tuning happens.

It's not as mechanically bad as demonic empowerment, but yes it fits the same maintenance role. Thinking numbers are def gonna change, atm erad is useless in comparison

10+ Year Old Account
    eradication will be your go to talent so get used to having to LT a lot more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    eradication will be your go to talent so get used to having to LT a lot more
    What makes you think that Eradication is better than empowered life tap?

I just don't see how eradication would ever be useful. ELT just flat out wins in every case.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Conflux View Post
    What makes you think that Eradication is better than empowered life tap?

I just don't see how eradication would ever be useful. ELT just flat out wins in every case.
    i guess i missed the buff to ELT. Oh well given we loose RE i guess that is the go to talent now

ELT is going to be #1? I'm glad I just ended up swapping over to Demo. I preferred Destruction mechanically but Demo in terms of class fantasy, but with ELT going up it looks like Demo will win out in both cases.

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    i guess i missed the buff to ELT. Oh well given we loose RE i guess that is the go to talent now
    RE is still there, and unless the dps difference is significant, im betting a lot of high parses will still use it because ease of use trumps simcrafted dps a lot of the time
    Last edited by Evatar; 2016-12-06 at 01:58 AM.

ELT change again to 10% but 20sec, still looks great and better than Eradication

10+ Year Old Account
    Well ELT is sorted out pretty much, because it pandemics then you can tap twice on the move and have it at like 27 seconds or tap prematurely on the move for the same effect.

It's going to be the best option overall really.

So ELT + SoulHarvest .....there has to be more iterative changes coming to the talent row. Eradication is completely useless as a talent now, 6 secs vs 20seconds. yeah more changes coming.

10+ Year Old Account
    There will be for sure, I'm pretty confident it's not the last ptr. Is it even signed as release candidate? Because if it's not, then it's not done yet.

They have PTR testing of the new micro-holidays running right up until Christmas, so I'd imagine there is a ways to go yet on 7.1.5 testing.

Deleted
    Eradication will probably get the same buff that contagion got (up to 18%) otherwise I don't think there's any reason to talent it over ELT.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KpandaK View Post
    Eradication will probably get the same buff that contagion got (up to 18%) otherwise I don't think there's any reason to talent it over ELT.
    I doubt 18% would be enough considering the much lower uptime than ELT either way? But a buff is surely coming at least. Maybe both damage % and duration? Pretty boring tier either way..

Quote Originally Posted by KpandaK View Post
    I don't see Eradication working well with 2P T19, so I hope ELT will be superior option.

Deleted
    Haven't played on the PTR yet, but I'm planning to keep RE until I have the 2-piece Nighthold set. For me, there are very few things worse than casting for what feels like half an hour just to get a CB out. I'll still have to do that once with the 2-piece, but at least the 2nd one is quicker then. Also, not a big fan of this life tap. Not really liking being forced back into it.

Edit: Especially with the now nerfed set pieces stats that removed 1,000 haste from the 4-set (and replaced it with - yaaaay - vershitility), CBs will cast a whole while...