Quote Originally Posted by Orbitus View Post
    ANY manufactured product has failure rates. I just listed you the failure rates of them and you fucking ignored it. None of that has anything to do with religious people. Hell religious people will also use any and all forms of birth control as well as non religious people.
    They are hypocrites then. This makes them even more dangerous then they already are (yes i'm talking to you as well Catholics and Christians)

And YOU didn't read my post about abortion still existing for certain cases, including when current forms of birth control fail.

Quote Originally Posted by XangXu View Post
    No I think that if they fuck and have used every tool available to them and it still fails, they should go and get an abortion.

- - - Updated - - -

I'm sorry, this isn't the age of rusty and twisted clothes hangers going up the hoo haa, deep in Cold December Russia...

this is the western world 2016... where abortions can essentially be performed in a bathroom WITH a pill.

If you aren't sure it worked? Check again!

I mean... I will say i'm sorry... I am living in a nation where Healthcare is free, so the fact that I might be talking to cavemen from the South might be a hopeless battle in a hopeless light.
    Sorry but even Plan B (Abortion pill) has failure rates.
    It has a failure rate of 5-11%.

- - - Updated - - -

They are hypocrites then.

And YOU didn't read my post about abortion still existing for certain cases, including when current forms of birth control fail.
    So you want it to exist like it is now but to happen less? Good thing you have no say in what happens in other peoples' lives.

Pretty low failure rate. I wonder what kind of breakthroughs would lower that score even more if we put emphasis on improving it.

Is there any priority to do so right now? No.

If there was, would the Christians and Catholics try to stop any attempt at proceeding? Most likely.

- - - Updated - - -

- - - Updated - - -

So you want it to exist like it is now but to happen less? Good thing you have no say in what happens in other peoples' lives.

It's more me understanding that there is danger in "Normalizing" abortions like advocates so desperately want to do.

I don't mean to be offensive, but your nation, as it stands now, probably would have "Freebie Friday" deals if it was normalized in your country. You know like... you'd have a punch card every time you got an abortion, there would be catalogs, etc... This is why I don't like the idea.

Sex and Love have already been trivialized so much in this day and age already, I really don't feel comfortable with the though of,

"Oh well if I fuck and just forget about it, I can just mosy on down to the abortion shop and get a hooha scrambler. It's freebie friday as well!"

And honestly, I don't even like babies that much. I think they're annoying, stupid drooling cash drainers that ruin your life. But I don't want to murder them and I understand the value of life.

I'll give the religious that at least.

Pretty low failure rate. I wonder what kind of breakthroughs would lower that score even more if we put emphasis on improving it.

If there was, would the Christians and Catholics try to stop any attempt at proceeding? Most likely.
    Start with experimenting on the men. Give them birth control side effects for a while, k?

Maybe, but until that future comes where birth control has 100% success rate, making abortion illegal is just harmful rather than helpful.
    "My successes are my own, but my failures are due to extremist leftist liberals" - Party of Personal Responsibility

Prediction for the future

Quote Originally Posted by Tota View Post
    Start with experimenting on the men. Give them birth control side effects for a while, k?
    Sure. If it means sex without babies 100% guaranteed, why the hell not? I'm sure plenty of men would step right up to become part of the history books. I would.

Sure. If it means sex without babies 100% guaranteed, why the hell not? I'm sure plenty of men would step right up to become part of the history books. I would.
    Great! Let us know how it turns out for ya! Take care, now!

Quote Originally Posted by PosPosPos View Post
    Maybe, but until that future comes where birth control has 100% success rate, making abortion illegal is just harmful rather than helpful.
    And how easy that future would be to obtain, honestly?

I mean a great man once called pregnancy the worst disease a woman could ever contract, and I for one believe him. (Mr. Garrison btw)

Edit: Actually it wasn't that character. I forget which one it was.

And how easy that future would be to obtain, honestly?

I mean a great man once called pregnancy the worst disease a woman could ever contract, and I for one believe him. (Mr. Garrison btw)
    Dunno, I am not a biologist, nor do I have the time to become one or be a guinea pig for one just so someone who is never going to be pregnant with my child can sleep at night knowing I did not abort one.

Dunno, I am not a biologist, nor do I have the time to become one or be a guinea pig for one just so someone who is never going to be pregnant with my child can sleep at night knowing I did not abort one.
    Were you that desperate to get freaky in the first place? Maybe you should hold your dick in your pants more?

Were you that desperate to get freaky in the first place? Maybe you should hold your dick in your pants more?
    That would require me to have a dick. And yes, my husband and I get freaky quite a lot. It's fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    Well there's an entire religion based on a theory of it being otherwise.
    The same religion that also reduces the success rate of abstinence to under 100%, ironically.

It's more me understanding that there is danger in "Normalizing" abortions like advocates so desperately want to do.

I don't mean to be offensive, but your nation, as it stands now, probably would have "Freebie Friday" deals if it was normalized in your country. You know like... you'd have a punch card every time you got an abortion, there would be catalogs, etc... This is why I don't like the idea.
    Of course there is that danger, even if you use hyperbole there. But to be honest, people who use it like that and abort all the time would very likely make horrible parents. Anyway, there are ways to allow abortions in cases where they make sense and to not be decisions made lightly. I do not like the thought of children being deprived of a chance to live, but I also believe that there are some valid reasons to not want to have children, such as deformities, poverty, etc. However, even then it would be best to first thoroughly counsel women on the issue and give them time to make their decision.
    And that's why I disagree with this law.
    Not just because it makes it nigh-impossible to notice a pregnancy before it is too late to apply for an abortion. But also because even when it is detected at, say, 4 weeks in, that leaves the woman in question 2 weeks to make a possibly life-changing decision. Especially if we have one of these cases where contraception failed or have a teen pregnancy. Would you really give a teenager - who likely is in absolute panic mode - less than two weeks to decide something like that?
    That is why I dislike this law. I might agree with one that gives a more reasonable time frame, but it moves abortion from a thoughtful, informed decision to a knee-jerk one, governed by panic and shock instead of understanding and communication.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiri View Post
    The same religion that also reduces the success rate of abstinence to under 100%, ironically.

Of course there is that danger, even if you use hyperbole there. But to be honest, people who use it like that and abort all the time would very likely make horrible parents. Anyway, there are ways to allow abortions in cases where they make sense and to not be decisions made lightly. I do not like the thought of children being deprived of a chance to live, but I also believe that there are some valid reasons to not want to have children, such as deformities, poverty, etc. However, even then it would be best to first thoroughly counsel women on the issue and give them time to make their decision.
    And that's why I disagree with this law.
    Not just because it makes it nigh-impossible to notice a pregnancy before it is too late to apply for an abortion. But also because even when it is detected at, say, 4 weeks in, that leaves the woman in question 2 weeks to make a possibly life-changing decision. Especially if we have one of these cases where contraception failed or have a teen pregnancy. Would you really give a teenager - who likely is in absolute panic mode - less than two weeks to decide something like that?
    That is why I dislike this law. I might agree with one that gives a more reasonable time frame, but it moves abortion from a thoughtful, informed decision to a knee-jerk one, governed by panic and shock instead of understanding and communication.
    Oh for fuck's sake, let me be clear.

MOST laws surrounding abortion right now are sick and invented by sick men. Laws that don't punish mothers monetarily, but through ... emotional distress?

THOSE kinds of laws exist by the way.

And people wonder why this issue is so black and white...

Oh for fuck's sake, let me be clear.

MOST laws surrounding abortion right now are sick and invented by sick men. Laws that don't punish mothers monetarily, but through ... emotional distress?

THOSE kinds of laws exist by the way.

And people wonder why this issue is so black and white...
    Doesn't matter which gender makes a law regarding abortion, unless society locks up pregnant women until they give birth, a pregnant woman will always be the final determiner of if she remains pregnant. Only evolution can change that. =P

15+ Year Old Account
    Doesn't matter which gender makes a law regarding abortion, unless society locks up pregnant women until they give birth, a pregnant woman will always be the final determiner of if she remains pregnant. Only evolution can change that. =P
    ...so should we lock up the women until they give birth? :}

Thats nasteh! Even in hentai it doesnt look nice.

What you're like... suggesting that my idea would create some sort of dystopian society where we hunt down pregnant women trying to have abortions like dogs or something?

Or what... put them in a cell?

Is that what you think i'm suggesting?

Once again, I think this is a problem having to do with American thinking. Any law that is broken needs SEVERE PUNISHMENT ... come on....

What you're like... suggesting that my idea would create some sort of dystopian society where we hunt down pregnant women trying to have abortions like dogs or something?

Or what... put them in a cell?

Is that what you think i'm suggesting?
    No. I am telling you that you have no control over what a woman does with her womb unless you lock her up. I don't know how else to relate this truth to you. No one but a pregnant woman decides if she remains pregnant, regardless of any laws that people create. If you want to help her, then help her. But you are not going to be able to control what she does with her womb, sorry.

No. I am telling you that you have no control over what a woman does with her womb unless you lock her up. I don't know how else to relate this truth to you. No one but a pregnant woman decides if she remains pregnant, regardless of any laws that people create. If you want to help her, then help her. But you are not going to be able to control what she does with her womb, sorry.

Is anyone suggesting control?

Is anyone suggesting control?
    Laws do. /10characters

Laws do. /10characters
    Bad, controlling, biblical laws not of this earth created by Christians.

I was more thinking of... a FINE... or Community Service... not the kind of horrible shit your lawmakers come up with.

"Hey guys, let's come up with a new law where if a women get's an abortion she has to have a fake funeral for it and she has to look the dead baby in the face while her family is forced to scold her on how horrible of a person she is. Yesssss, yessssssss"

"Or we could just fine her a few hundred dollars to discourage that kind of behavior..."

"Tom, your ideas are no fun"