Page 38 of 118 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Thanks for making my point.

Libby going apeshit here because she/he supports
    *snippy snip*

yeah, and I get compared to the Taliban for not wanting to see unborn chopped up or sucked out of thw womb using a vacuum.
    If I am the Taliban for wanting to see people live then the 54 Million abortions in the US since 1973 makes you Hitler.
    If you need to compare a freedom fighter like me to hitler to make you feel good so be it. fact of the matter is we really should move towards taxpayer funded abortions since it is in the best interest of the country in the long run. but i know you will probably get an heart attack from just thinking that could happen.

Really you show more and more why we cant take the fight for won since really we are only 1 stupid election away from losing all our freedoms to the extreme right wingers and talibans on the right that wants to put in place what is basically sharia law
    Last edited by Crissi; 2016-12-08 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    While there are definitely cases of people on death row that were wrongfully accused and have been exonerated, mankind is not perfect. We make mistakes. Still, I will take those mistakes as the MAJORITY of people on death row were correctly convicted and should be put to death (if so warranted.)
    Better to hang the wrong man than no man at all...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trump View Post
    Still, I will take those mistakes as the MAJORITY of people on death row were correctly convicted and should be put to death (if so warranted.)
    I will not. Every innocent murdered there is a shame and should seriously make you question just how fucked up the idea of the death penalty is.

Quote Originally Posted by ElDoorO View Post
    That's not how it works.
    That is exactly how it works, just like if a woman wishes to have a child, she can find a willing donor - forcing a man to hand over his sperm would be just a heinous as forcing a woman to carry an unwanted pregnancy to term

I have an unpopular view on abortion, but I don't care.

In the case of rape, incest, or the mother's life being in serious danger as a result of the pregnancy, I think it should be legal.

Outside of that, people need to learn to take responsibility for their actions. Use contraceptives. If those don't work, well maybe you just shouldn't have had sex without being prepared for pregnancy. Your fault either way. Take responsibility. If you don't want to take care of the kid because of your own actions you can still put them up for adoption.

Yes, accidents and mistakes happen in life. That doesn't mean you're not responsible for them. Why is pregnancy any different?

Laws like this are the result of the cowardly roe v wade decision. It's why getting a desired outcome from a flawed logical standpoint eventually bites you in the ass

Quote Originally Posted by Espe View Post
    Six weeks.

Republicans have made it clear that they don't give a fuck about women.

Their presidential candidate on tape in his 50s bragging about sexually assaulting young girls and women, bragging about how he would fuck his own daughter if he could, forced to settle out of court after beating and raping his first wife. Kasich gleefully talking about how he would force young girls to carry the products of incest and rape to term. Now forcing any girl or woman who needs a simple medical procedure done into back alleys and dark web pharmacies.

This is the shit I was talking about when I said the GOP public platform would cause mass harm to US citizens. Sadly, it's also just the beginning.
    how old are you?

how many children do you currently have?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    But people DO take responsibility.
    Taking responsibility does include having an abortion.

Your line of reasoning makes no sense at all.
    If I decided to not help any patient that is partially to blame for their own sickness, I could write off at least 75% of my patients.
    think of it this way, does an advanced alien civilization have abortion? will humans have abortion when we become more advanced and civilized? i think you smart enough to know the answer to both. while im ok with abortion being legal lets not pretend ourselves here that is it moral and just. in certain situations sure, which is rape and mother's life being in jeopardy. an advanced civilization wont be worrying about rape... true progressives see the problem with abortion.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Also, that "give babies a chance"! argument seems to end the second that baby is out of the womb. From that point on, the right seems largely of the opinion that the baby needs to pull itself up by their little baby bootstraps, because like fucking hell do they want to help pay to take care of the baby should it be born into a poor family who cannot afford to care for it on their own.

So again, more hypocrisy. "Protect the baby!!!...until it's born, then fuck it."
    Snip
    Quote Originally Posted by The Batman View Post
    Sums it up PERFECTLY. (This is pulled from below, but silly to make another post)

This argument continues to be repeatedly put forward and continues to make little logical sense.

The belief that an entity has a right to life does not entail any specific duty towards that life. You can believe that an individual has a right to life and do not need to feel that you have a responsibility to provide cradle-to-grave services. These are two separate issues that do not follow from each other.

I think many would believe that we shouldn't murder people, but also believe that we do not have a duty towards lifetime services for those people.

Take this view back to fetal life and it is the same. The only difference being the belief in the personhood of the fetus.
    Last edited by Sargerasraider; 2016-12-08 at 11:33 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Republican't haven't made it "abundantly clear" unless they specifically said "we hate women and we want to control them"
    First of all you can calm down, there's no need to get so upset.

Republicans have made it abundantly clear they don't see women as anything other than cattle that have to be told what they can and can't do with their own bodies. You're obvious not a doctor and even if you were you wouldn't be a doctor to every woman in the US. I for one think women are smart and capable enough to decide what medical procedures they need and don't need. Republicans, obviously, feel much differently about the issue and have shown time and time again they are willing to cause mass harm to US citizens in the name of religion or profit.

Sorry if that bothers you champ, thems just the facts of the situation, as they say.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

15+ Year Old Account
    Sums it up PERFECTLY.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by oxymoronic View Post
    how old are you?

how many children do you currently have?
    I make it a point not to give away too much personal information online, especially when I'm interacting with unhinged right-wingers. The FBI and DHS have both made statements about the right-wing being a major concern and causing the vast majority of domestic terrorism in the US. There's no reason for me to endanger my family by giving that info away to you people, but I'll be damned if you ever silence me or take away my constitutional rights.
    There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there always has been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that “my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge." - Isaac Asimov

15+ Year Old Account
    Republican't haven't made it "abundantly clear" unless they specifically said "we hate women and we want to control them". They are talking about one specific issue and, in this case, abortion.
    But at least you can understand why people get the wrong idea when arguments against abortion are often slut shaming and harassing women who get abortions.
    2014 Gamergate: "If you want games without hyper sexualized female characters and representation, then learn to code!"
    2023: "What's with all these massively successful games with ugly (realistic) women? How could this have happened?!"

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    So again, more hypocrisy. "Protect the baby!!!...until it's born, then fuck it.".
    Well of course they want the fetus's of poor families to be born. They need to make sure they have voters next generation!

It's a joke, I'm sorry, not sorry, had to

- - - Updated - - -

But at least you can understand why people get the wrong idea when arguments against abortion are often slut shaming and harassing women who get abortions.
    Hey. If they didn't want a kid they shouldn't have whored around so much.
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

15+ Year Old Account
    I make it a point not to give away too much personal information online, especially when I'm interacting with unhinged right-wingers. The FBI and DHS have both made statements about the right-wing being a major concern and causing the vast majority of domestic terrorism in the US. There's no reason for me to endanger my family by giving that info away to you people, but I'll be damned if you ever silence me or take away my constitutional rights.
    That and it's simply just an appeal to emotion. Most people have kids because they want them. I'm certain they had enough time to plan out their family as well. And it's funny because often when they're faced with the decision of having an unplanned child, they will take the "no child" route.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Pretty much.

Then again, when have Republicans ever given a shit about women.

And you're such a good progressive person who loves to see unborn children murdered.

*facepalm*

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by GothamCity View Post
    Well of course they want the fetus's of poor families to be born. They need to make sure they have voters next generation!

It's a joke, I'm sorry, not sorry, had to
    "Free birth control options for poor families is just a liberal plot to breed us out of voting!"

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by ReleaseDay View Post
    And you're such a good progressive person who loves to see unborn children murdered.

*facepalm*
    Rofl, I like how people keep using the words "children" and "murder" when neither applies in the case of abortions.

"Free birth control options for poor families is just a liberal plot to breed us out of voting!"
    And free college/healthcare
    “You can never get a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me.”
    – C.S. Lewis

15+ Year Old Account
    For as much as people were linking icky pictures of late term fetuses being dismembered the last few pages to insist it's bad because it's gross, all of those pictures are from very late term abortions. The vast majority these days are just induced miscarriages where a clump of cells no bigger than a dime, often smaller, is evacuated from the uterus in one piece.

Late term abortions are only about 1% of all abortions, and happen in cases where there is risk to the mother's life, or the fetus has a bad disease or is deformed. In other words, in cases where most of you have already agreed that abortion is ok.

10+ Year Old Account
    For as much as people were linking icky pictures of late term fetuses being dismembered the last few pages to insist it's bad because it's gross, all of those pictures are from very late term abortions. The vast majority these days are just induced miscarriages where a clump of cells no bigger than a dime, often smaller, is evacuated from the uterus in one piece.

Late term abortions are only about 1% of all abortions, and happen in cases where there is risk to the mother's life, or the fetus has a bad disease or is deformed. In other words, in cases where most of you have already agreed that abortion is ok.
    There were literally right-wingers earlier in the thread laughing about how women had to "buckle up" now and get used to only seeing doctors in back-alleys.

We lived through this shit as a country and decided religion wasn't enough of an excuse when our wives / sisters / daughters / mothers / cousins / neices were being butchered by the thousands. Why let religious nutjobs turn back the clock now?
    Last edited by Espe; 2016-12-08 at 11:54 PM.

Six weeks.

Republicans have made it clear that they don't give a fuck about women.

Their presidential candidate on tape in his 50s bragging about sexually assaulting young girls and women, bragging about how he would fuck his own daughter if he could, forced to settle out of court after beating and raping his first wife. Kasich gleefully talking about how he would force young girls to carry the products of incest and rape to term. Now forcing any girl or woman who needs a simple medical procedure done into back alleys and dark web pharmacies.

This is the shit I was talking about when I said the GOP public platform would cause mass harm to US citizens. Sadly, it's also just the beginning.
    Not that I agree with trump here, or Republicans, but most women are prolife. It's 50-40 with 10 undecided right now. Don't pretend this is about women's rights, because it's not. It's a moral argument over when a life is a life.