Deleted

How do i actually play Assassination?

I made an alt today and got her up to 834 itemlevel but im doing too low dps with her, my best was 188k on Xavius LFR and thats embarrasingly low.

I currently run 1-1-1-3-1-1-1

I dont want to personally do EP because i dont want anything similar to my main demon hunters momentum because im playing this character to take a break from anything resembling a demon hunters playstyle.

Ive heard that Master Poisoner is actually good so i picked that.

I have 29% crit and 135% mastery.

I have a few things that i discovered on my own:

-keep high mastery to make master poisoner viable.
    -keep envenom buff up and use kingsbane during envenom buff.
    -Vanish + Rupture for a lot of rupture damage.
    -Rupture only at 5 or 6 CP.
    -Keep garrote up at all times for more energy generation.
    -Save vendetta for the big burst phase(i use vendetta before i use my first envenom and try to get 2-3 six CP envenoms off during that peroid).
    -If Vendetta is on CD, i pool my energy before redoing the envenom+kingsbane burst phase with a 5-6 CP envenom.

I tried to explore the class on my own a bit instead of using guides and when i did look up Icy Veins it didnt tell me more than what i had already discovered so thats why im asking on this forum.

Also, other than Bloodthirsty Instinct, what trinket should i farm?

I currently dont have an opener.

There is a sticky titled [GUIDE]Legion Rogue Overview on the top of this forum, which has an extremely detailed in-depth guide for all three specs. That would be an ideal place to start.

Few points:
    -Crit is more important than mastery for sin. Getting the extra combo points from crits makes the spec quite a bit more fluid and fun to play. 44% with food buff is the "soft cap" you would like to reach. More is still better, but that will give you 50% crit on mutilate with your artifact traits.

-EP is better than MP in 7.1. Period. Your damage will suffer by picking sub-optimal talent build. In 7.1.5, there may be hope for MP to take over, but that is up in the air at this time. If you wanted something drastically different from DH, there were probably about ten other classes that would have been better options.

-After using KB, your rotation is mut-ev-mut-ev-mut-ev until it drops off. This is assuming you do not need to refresh rupture or garrote in that time.

-Rupture 6CP only. The only exception is if you get a mechanic, you have vanish coming up for the empowered rupture, and your pandemic window on rupture is below 8 seconds. You can apply a 2-4 CP rupture, then immediately build 6CP and vanish-rupture so you get the full pandemic duration on your empowered rupture.

-Never save vendetta for longer than about 10 seconds for anything. You can save for 10 seconds or less for a vanish-rupture or exsang, but only if you are sure that you will not miss a cast at the end of the fight due to holding it. Make sure you are as close to 0 energy as possible when casting vendetta as to not waste energy

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nhadaly View Post

I tried to explore the class on my own a bit instead of using guides and when i did look up Icy Veins it didnt tell me more than what i had already discovered so thats why im asking on this forum.

You couldn't have looked very hard; Icy Veins lists the standard opener, tells you not to use Master Poisoner and generally lists all the stuff that you should be doing, instead of what you listed which is mostly wrong.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

7+ Year Old Account
    I made an alt today and got her up to 834 itemlevel but im doing too low dps with her, my best was 188k on Xavius LFR and thats embarrasingly low.

I currently run 1-1-1-3-1-1-1

I dont want to personally do EP because i dont want anything similar to my main demon hunters momentum because im playing this character to take a break from anything resembling a demon hunters playstyle.

Ive heard that Master Poisoner is actually good so i picked that.

I have 29% crit and 135% mastery.

I have a few things that i discovered on my own:

-keep high mastery to make master poisoner viable.
    -keep envenom buff up and use kingsbane during envenom buff.
    -Vanish + Rupture for a lot of rupture damage.
    -Rupture only at 5 or 6 CP.
    -Keep garrote up at all times for more energy generation.
    -Save vendetta for the big burst phase(i use vendetta before i use my first envenom and try to get 2-3 six CP envenoms off during that peroid).
    -If Vendetta is on CD, i pool my energy before redoing the envenom+kingsbane burst phase with a 5-6 CP envenom.

Just a heads up. People will proberly say, that you HAVE to pick EP. Don't worry, the spec does work without it and you can do good dmg with MP, but it is really behind EP in max throughput.

A personal hint: Try to optimize the use of Vanish+rupture, timing Vendetta with as many high energy used KB as you can and having rupture/garrote up 95+%. If you got these things in check, then you pretty much got full control over your dps.
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nikkaszal View Post
    You couldn't have looked very hard; Icy Veins lists the standard opener, tells you not to use Master Poisoner and generally lists all the stuff that you should be doing, instead of what you listed which is mostly wrong.
    Icy Veins was horrible for me to get my dps good on my main, i had to ask a mythic raider for help(and this forum) and then i actually saw progress on my dps.

At first i was at 280k dps on Ursoc Heroic using stuff from icy veins but then i asked my friend for help and he told me a few things and my dps went up to 380k the week after.

After i learned that i could do better than 380k i asked this forum and you guys told me some additional things to keep an eye out for and im continuing to work on those.

And i did check out the guide sticky but as the OP worded that i thought it was just "spoilers" for lack of a better word, to how rogues will be changed in legion so i didnt click on the google docs link.

EDIT: Now that i did check out his guide, it seems pretty good, but has rotations for EP but im not planning to run that because its tiring enough keeping a 5 second damage buff on my main i dont wanna have to do it on my alt as well.

Out of all the classes i could have picked i picked the one that has to stack crit and keep a 5 second damage buff up for as much as possible.... great, how fun this will be as a break from my main

But seriously i will stick with it regardless, too invested in it to stop now.
    Last edited by mmocf61f75d39b; 2016-12-09 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by untangled View Post
    There is a sticky titled [GUIDE]Legion Rogue Overview on the top of this forum, which has an extremely detailed in-depth guide for all three specs. That would be an ideal place to start.

Few points:
    -Crit is more important than mastery for sin. Getting the extra combo points from crits makes the spec quite a bit more fluid and fun to play. 44% with food buff is the "soft cap" you would like to reach. More is still better, but that will give you 50% crit on mutilate with your artifact traits.

-EP is better than MP in 7.1. Period. Your damage will suffer by picking sub-optimal talent build. In 7.1.5, there may be hope for MP to take over, but that is up in the air at this time. If you wanted something drastically different from DH, there were probably about ten other classes that would have been better options.

-After using KB, your rotation is mut-ev-mut-ev-mut-ev until it drops off. This is assuming you do not need to refresh rupture or garrote in that time.

-Rupture 6CP only. The only exception is if you get a mechanic, you have vanish coming up for the empowered rupture, and your pandemic window on rupture is below 8 seconds. You can apply a 2-4 CP rupture, then immediately build 6CP and vanish-rupture so you get the full pandemic duration on your empowered rupture.

-Never save vendetta for longer than about 10 seconds for anything. You can save for 10 seconds or less for a vanish-rupture or exsang, but only if you are sure that you will not miss a cast at the end of the fight due to holding it. Make sure you are as close to 0 energy as possible when casting vendetta as to not waste energy
    Well, I learned something from your post, so thanks. Also, is there a custom Pawn string that you guys uses for EP/AP build?

Quote Originally Posted by untangled View Post

Few points:

EP isnt better by much.

https://www.warcraftlogs.com/ranking...ion&bracket=15

yes the majority runs EP, but as you can see, the lonesome sole running MP, is still doing very competetive dps.

Out of all the classes i could have picked i picked the one that has to stack crit and keep a 5 second damage buff up for as much as possible.... great, how fun this will be as a break from my main

But seriously i will stick with it regardless, too invested in it to stop now.
    You could pick a different spec, you know.
    A witty saying proves nothing.
    -Voltaire
    winning
    plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose

Deleted
    I got the FoK Legendary yesterday on a mythic run, does that change my rotation?

Maybe ill cast it once i get 30 stacks in a fight.

EDIT: I managed to get 35% crit up from 29% by only sacrificing 4% mastery, is this enough?
    Last edited by mmocf61f75d39b; 2016-12-09 at 02:30 PM.