Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Omg I'm so scared now

Last edited by mmocced9c7d33d; 2016-12-09 at 10:43 PM.

The Lightbringer
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ser Arthur Dayne View Post
    Omg I'm so scared now

Be very afraid.

http://webmshare.com/KEwRm

The geese can come all they want. I'm ready with a flamethrower and a fire spit and seasonings. Fuckers might be scary, but just cut off the head, remove the feathers and cook em up and they're delicious.

Does that mean that dinosaurs were also delicious? We know that scientists have already had defrozen wolly mammoth (lucky bastards).

7+ Year Old Account
    People group up hundreds of totally different, unrelated animals into the term "dinosaur". To the extent that the word doesn't really mean anything. I'd have to say, which specific creature were they talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Well, most lizards today don't have feathers, despite of being direct descendants of dinosaurs.
    Lizards are not descendents of dinosaurs, birds are. Lizards come from another branch of evolution.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    Well, most lizards today don't have feathers, despite of being direct descendants of dinosaurs.
    This is what happens when Hollywood gets a hold of young minds.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

this is absolutely incredible. now we just have to find a way to clone it.

can they extract enough dna to find out what its closest living relative would be? so they could then use it as a surrogate for the clone.

Deleted
    All we can hope there's dino dna in that ant.

They found velociraptor feathers long ago. Old news.

10+ Year Old Account
    if it didn't happen on jurassic park, it didn't happen in history.

i trust spieldberg to not make such a massive error more so than any scientist.
    Hi

I still love the fake Dilophosaurus in Jurassic park with its head flaps

Dinosaurs with feathers. That's interesting.

Deleted
    When you encounter a dove (pigeon) in a city, dinosaurs are the last thing that comes to mind. First thing that comes to mind is "rats (of the air)".

Quote Originally Posted by Ikarun View Post
    I cant imagine Jurassic Park with a feathered T-Rex though...
    i can

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Lizards are not descendents of dinosaurs, birds are. Lizards come from another branch of evolution.
    You are correct. Crocodiles/alligators would have been a better example to use, as they are direct descendants of dinosaurs. I'm pretty sure we know for a fact that crocodiles and alligators are more closely related to birds than to what we would call lizards (4 chambered hearts and DNA analysis). So a lot of what you guys are arguing about is not exactly relevant, because physical features do not determine phylogeny, because of something called convergent evolution. IE Birds and mammals are both warm blooded but the two groups diverged super long ago (the most recent derived trait they share is the amniotic sac which is what separates us birds and lizards from frogs).
    Signature deleted due to it violating the rules. Please read the signature rules for more info.

Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    When you encounter a dove (pigeon) in a city, dinosaurs are the last thing that comes to mind. First thing that comes to mind is "rats (of the air)".
    Look at their feet. They show you where they came from:

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    this is absolutely incredible. now we just have to find a way to clone it.
    can they extract enough dna to find out what its closest living relative would be? so they could then use it as a surrogate for the clone.
    No, DNA doesn't stay intact that long. Dinosaurs went extinct about 65 million years ago. Even under perfect conditions DNA degrades to unusable molecules after 1 million years. Our technology has a hard time to extract enough DNA from 30,000-40,000 years old Neanderthal bones. We may get the mammoth back since there are frozen calves in the ice

and they extracted lots of good DNA from an 11,000 year old mammoth thigh bone 2013.

65 million years is just too long ago. So no Jurassic Park. But maybe one day a Pleistocene Park with woolly mammoth, cave lions, tarpans, and woolly rhinoceros.
    Last edited by Kryos; 2016-12-11 at 07:28 PM.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!