Federal tax school assignment help - form 8582 passive activity loss limitations.

Hello,

I'm working on an integrative tax problem and I have been stuck on this part for a while now and I need help, please.

Here is the problem:

Laurie inherited two limited partnerships when her grandfather passed away on October 10, 2013. The first, Towers Brothers, is a real estate venture. The k-1 she received indicated that her share of the income is $3,400. Her suspended loss in the partnership is $2,200. The second limited partnership, Drilltech, is an oil and gas business. Her loss for the year is $2,700. Laurie's suspended loss in Drilltech is $5,600.

What I've done so far....

So i only filled out 3a section (All other passive activities) and got a total loss of $7,100 on line 4. I don't understand what they are asking for line 15 on form 8582. Can anyone help me please?

10+ Year Old Account
    I do tax work, and ethically cannot help you beyond telling you to go to someone in real life.

This problem is from 92 chapter 7: losses - deductions and limitations by cengage learning authors are Kevin Murphy and Mark Higgins. You can easily find this on google books. I'm not trying to "cheat" this is not a test or a real life question. Its just an assignment that I could use some direction on, please.

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    I do tax work, and ethically cannot help you beyond telling you to go to someone in real life.
    The GennMeister works with taxes..

anyone else a bit disapointed?
    I've no idea what to write here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Argarock View Post
    The GennMeister works with taxes..

anyone else a bit disapointed?
    My primary focus is real estate and estate planning law.