Page 1 of 36
... LastLast

#DumpStarWars, proving the right are as triggered as the left

I couldn't help but post this here after laughing my ass off due to how utterly triggered the right always proves itself to be.

So apparently two writers on Rogue One tweeted that the Empire is a White Supremacist (Human) organization. Which is true. And then, after Trump's election, posted a picture of the Rebellion's insignia with a safety pin with the caption: "Star Wars against hate. Spread it."

Neither of which are really any kind of astoundingly shocking tweets. One is literally just canonically true and the other is just a broad statement against hate.

But don't let that stop the alt-right from proving themselves as bad (or even worse, in my opinion) as the SJWs they keep maligning by their freakout, and now the hashtag #DumpStarWars is trending. So funny. Worked so well when the Force Awakens was apparently protested and nobody knew until after it made 2 billion dollars.

More can be found here:

http://www.ibtimes.com/rogue-one-why...-movie-2457261

I'll also point out that since Donal Turnip won, the "anti-safe space" political alignment has now protested...a play, a brand of cereal, and a movie.

Hilarious.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2016-12-09 at 01:11 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    They'll just claim it's not them being triggered but "fighting against PC culture". Hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    They'll just claim it's not them being triggered but "fighting against PC culture". Hilarious
    Should see the alt right "praise kek" msg boards

shits a goldmine of stupid.

The Unstoppable Force THE Bigzoman's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    OKay, i'll bite.

How are a bunch of Jango Fett clones white supremacists?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    OKay, i'll bite.

There is no booty in this thread.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Can we please stop treating Twitter like news?
    The internet got too meta

I warned you

OKay, i'll bite.

I actually have no idea what the tenets of the galactic empire in star wars are, but I imagine this post is referring to the fact that they are clearly and transparently meant to resemble nazis rather than any of their specific policies.
    George Lucas literally said that the Galactic Empire are supposed to represent Fascists.

Their soldiers are literally called storm troopers!

OKay, i'll bite.

Anybody with even an ounce of knowledge about the Star Wars universe knows the Empire are horribly racist against everybody who isn't a white human. Its kind of why Thrawn was such an impressive character.

Also they are incredibly obviously Nazis.

OKay, i'll bite.

Stormtroopers are not Jango clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Can we please stop treating Twitter like news?
    Never said it was news. I said it was hilarious and wanted to share it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Anybody with even an ounce of knowledge about the Star Wars universe knows the Empire are horribly racist against everybody who isn't a white human. Its kind of why Thrawn was such an impressive character.

But Finn was a storm trooper

But they know a black dude. Matter of fact, they gave a black dude a job. It isn't their fault the black dude abandoned his job.

10+ Year Old Account

I've seen the movies and nothing have suggested such?

The only think I got was that the empire was a bunch of assholes.

Yeah I'm not sure that the claim that the Empire is in-universe racist against black people holds up.
    They're instead racist against non-human aliens, which is the like, child-friendly way of portraying racism into media and always has been.

It is kind of funny that people were mad about Finn even being a character but can now scramble to use him to shield their ideology though.

Then you literally have not paid attention.

Its common knowledge the Empire is modeled after the Nazis.

But kudos for defending that I guess? At least stick to your guns.

OKay, i'll bite.

I wouldn't say they are white supremacists, but the similarities are there.

Firstly, the clones were decommissioned soon after the Empire rose to power. They used conditioned soldiers after that.

Secondly the Empire is incredibly Xenophobic. Never saw an alien officer? There were none, until (very recently) Admiral Thrawn was made canon. That is probably where the comparison comes in.
    RETH

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Yeah I'm not sure that the claim that the Empire is in-universe racist against black people holds up.
    They're instead racist against non-human aliens, which is the like, child-friendly way of portraying racism into media and always has been.

It is kind of funny that people were mad about Finn even being a character but can now scramble to use him to shield their ideology though.
    I've literally never seen this.

I've just seen an evil empire doing empire things. Conquoring shit.

It was ran by Siddeus, who just wanted power because he was a sith.

The "Alt-Right" is a made up term to distract you from real news and to keep you under the delusion that this country is more divided than you think. The "Alt-Right" doesn't exist. Using the term shows you get your opinion from news organizations that have been found to have colluded with political entities (against the law) and are simply spewing their same rhetoric, like a good little sheep.

Your opinion is not your own.
    Think hard about that.

I couldn't help but post this here after laughing my ass off due to how utterly triggered the right always proves itself to be.

So apparently two writers on Rogue One tweeted that the Empire is a White Supremacist (Human) organization. Which is true. And then, after Trump's election, posted a picture of the Rebellion's insignia with a safety pin with the caption: "Star Wars against hate. Spread it."

Neither of which are really any kind of astoundingly shocking tweets. One is literally just canonically true and the other is just a broad statement against hate.

But don't let that stop the alt-right from proving themselves as bad (or even worse, in my opinion) as the SJWs they keep maligning by their freakout, and now the hashtag #DumpStarWars is trending. So funny. Worked so well when the Force Awakens was apparently protested and nobody knew until after it made 2 billion dollars.

More can be found here:

http://www.ibtimes.com/rogue-one-why...-movie-2457261

I'll also point out that since Donal Turnip won, the "anti-safe space" political alignment has now protested...a play, a brand of cereal, and a movie.

Hilarious.
    Cept the empire isnt white Supremacist, they are xenophobic. They hate all none humans. There is a difference.

That was obviously Space Balls. :P