New dicso player

Hello, short story long, my guild need a new healer, and sience we play on a minor relam it seems like it may take some time to get one in the team. Therefore I said that it was NP leveling a healer, and sience i did a ton of CM's in MOP on my then disco priest i choose to level a priest, and ofc. going with the disco spec.

Now as I'm leveling it (104atm going for 110 in few hours) is there a set rotation i shuld follow in the start, i have been reading cupple hours and watching alot of disc pov. mythic kills just to see how its done, but is there any huge rule on when not to cast what or what not to cast when for that matter. Overall from what I have read and watched it is a high skill high reward spec witch I'm looking forward to play!

I feel that the basics of the class sits in my memory now but might be forgotten when stressing on new char in raid.
    -Rapture, shield tanks and prio dps targets (example, DoT classes on Cenarius).
    -Dont use plea when atonement is on more than 5 targets.
    -Pain Sup. & PW:Barrier cordinated with rest of the raid.
    -PW: shield and Penance on CD.

things im still currious about
    -PW: radiance, shuld this be spammed before big raid wide damage or shuld i prepare more with plea and PW:shield?
    -Talents; PtW v grace and shield disciplin v mindbender (i pref mindbender, bad choise?)
    -How to prepare for the unexpected? Spam cast shadow mend?

out side of those tips im basicly clueless, soo goodluck to me!

if its to long to read, please just post your tip(s)!
    In advance thanks for all the tips, and sorry for beeing bad at replying to my own post, but will read everything that gets noted!

Prior to 7.1's buff to Shield Discipline, I rarely used Rapture in raids, and when I did it was during movement as a superior alternative to spamming Plea.

Now Rapture is very good, since every shield applied during Rapture gets mana refunded by Shield Discipline assuming you do it prior to a damage mechanic that removes all of the shields.

So there's now 2 big cooldowns for raid-wide damage - Rapture on a 2 minute cd and Light's Wrath on a 90 second. In most fights you can find a place to use both separately, but if not you can always use them together - Rapture to apply atonements, extra PWRs as needed, and then Light's Wrath.

Because Rapture with Shield Discipline is so very mana efficient, Disc is starting to feel really powerful and flexible, even without Innervates.

There's a big difference between short and long fights in terms of both your gear selection and spell selection. That's something you'll learn over time and with experience.

Disc is terrible at dealing with unexpected damage in raids, but Shadow Mend is a common way to deal with it - I've even had to use Light's Wrath early when the raid takes a lot of avoidable damage.

Shadow Mend with Grace is the best way to tank heal, so if the tanks are struggling it's fine to use Grace instead of Purge the Wicked and do some direct tank healing.

Thank you for the tips Yunzi!
    Just currious about another thing, from what i am unsure about is stats, from what i have read:

raid. Int - Haste - Mastery - Crit = Vers
    M+ . Int - Haste - Crit - Mastery = Vers

is this still the 'best' stats?

Quote Originally Posted by henningsen View Post
    Thank you for the tips Yunzi!
    Just currious about another thing, from what i am unsure about is stats, from what i have read:

raid. Int - Haste - Mastery - Crit = Vers
    M+ . Int - Haste - Crit - Mastery = Vers

is this still the 'best' stats?
    It's going to change some in 7.1.5, especially the value of Intellect rising. For now I use the weights provided in Mend's Guide:

Raids - Haste 1 > Intellect 0.894 > Crit 0.710 > Versatility 0.677 >= Mastery 0.676

Dungeons - Int 1.225 > Haste 1 > Crit 0.961 > Vers 0.928 >>> Mast 0.617
    Last edited by Yunzi; 2016-12-09 at 04:33 PM.