Deleted

A question to high ilvl guardian druids. (about duelling other tank specs)

It seems to me that Guardian druid is one of the weakest tanks when duelling other tank specs. Am I wrong about that? Can you hold your own vs other tank classes? It's logical that a tank shouldnt kill another tank in a duel and it should be a draw but often to my impression other tanks are simply unkillable while bears die sooner or later. Am I doing something wrong?

I guess you're talking about world PvP?

If so, it's highly imbalanced and depends on all sorts of factors such as gear, legendaries, followers and buffs in addition to artifact traits and PvP talents. Personally I've never lost to another tank but I pretty much have all the advantages you could imagine.

Depending on which tank you're playing against, you might need to adjust your strategy. In general, however, putting up bleeds (including cat affinity ones) and then kiting with moonfire and healing yourself if necessary leaves most tanks few chances to retaliate.

In my experience, the paladin and DK heals are too strong to DPS through, and even if you get a paladin almost down, he can just bubble.
    Warriors you can defeat, and DHs are a bit weird. Don't remember fighting a Brewmaster.

On the other hand the tanks don't do enough dps for Frenzied Regen to be effective, so you indeed slowly die. Still takes ages though.

Guardian is relatively weak in world PvP (which is still incredibly strong, considering it's a tank spec) because they don't have the broken self-healing that blood DKs, Vengeance DH, and Prot Paladins do, even when you take resto affinity. If you have the order hall 4 set and the frenzied regen boots, it helps a lot in terms of survivability.

All I can say is do whatever you can to keep blood DKs and vengeance DHs out of melee range -- if they can't hit you, they can't heal themselves. Balance affinity is your friend, since it extends your melee range to 10 yards and thrash/swipe's range to 13 yards.
    Try to keep prot paladins out of their consecrate -- Their self-heal gets a bonus from them standing in it.
    Last edited by Etamalgren; 2016-12-09 at 09:15 PM.

Deleted
    just dont face tank them u have dots. they will run or they will eventually die. normaly teh person with highst ilvl will win..

Quote Originally Posted by LuRu9 View Post
    just dont face tank them u have dots. they will run or they will eventually die. normaly teh person with highst ilvl will win..
    Our DoTs don't do enough damage to damage through the healing capability of other tanks. You could run away all day from them this way.

Personally I just avoid other tanks in world pvp (usually just the ffa WQ events), and they avoid me, because it just takes a long time to fight oneanother and isn't much fun.