Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Alliance has a lot of terrible characters doesn't it?

Tyrande - Obessed with her husband, and has done nothing of late that defines her as a leader.
    Malfurion - Okay character I guess.
    Anduin - The only sensible character in the Alliance. He feels like a leader with a backstory that roots him in that position well.
    Genn Greymane - The worst character in the Alliance. Started a war against the Horde over his son during the -biggest- Legion invasion -ever-. Thats a war crime.
    Geblin Mechatorque - Useless leader. Does absolutely nothing but this is blamed on Blizzard and not actual lore.
    Muradin, Moira, and the other guy - They don't feel like a council. You really just see Muradin issuing out most commands.
    Aysa - Defected from the Alliance ....but somehow is still the leader of the Tushui..??
    Jaina Proudmoore - Wonderful leader. People mistake her anger against the Horde for being crazy when it is abolsutely justified by the amounts of civilians in Theramore and Dalaran they've killed.
    Prophet Velen - Says he has visions but when they happen, they're suddenly "new" to him. He's also pretty useless and a grey character. He should stay a Prophet and should've had Maraad been the Alliance leader of the Draenei.
    "You know you that bitch when you cause all this conversation."

Horde characters aren't that amazing either. Especially if reduced to superficial one-liners as their description.

Herald of the Titans Orangetai420's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair the writing in WoW is bad on both sides. The only character I thought was halfway decent in the WC universe was Arthas in WC3, nothing else has left any sort of impression on me.
    MMO-C, home of the worst community on the internet.

10+ Year Old Account
    The only characters that I was interested in on the Alliance side was Varian Wrynn and the Bronzebeard brothers. Everyone else excluding Anduin Wrynn turned into emotional teenagers who want to act like they're the center of the universe and their personal problems are more important than the biggest demon invasion in Azeroth's history. The world could be destroyed and overrun with demons and all they care about is how their feelings got hurt and that they have to let everyone know how mad they are, boo fucking hoo.

Horde isn't really any better either. Actually there really isn't any characters I'm interested in anymore on Horde either and I'm a Horde fan. Maybe Baine he seems really cool and I like his character design too so hopefully he doesn't just end up being some background character for cutscenes and Blizzard actually does something with him. Same with Lor'themar Theron. Seriously what is up with him? Is he just going to be Regent Lord forever and the blood elves are just going to be left leaderless forever or what? Cmon. Vol'jin is dead, Thrall (or Go'el if you want to call him that) has become some Captain Azeroth/super hippie hermit man so you hardly ever see him anymore and he might even be killed off seeing as how Chris Metzen retired and he would no longer be able to voice him. The honorable version of Garrosh was ruined by Blizzard's writers before they turned into some cliche evil orc consumed with the obsession for power and also ended up dead. Cairne is dead, I don't know how to feel about Sylvanas right now. I mean I think she's a cool character but I'm kind of worried she's going to become an evil bitch and be killed off eventually.

So there's really not a whole lot of interesting characters anymore in WoW. Blizzard either ruined them or they're dead or they were just not all that interesting to begin with.
    Last edited by Pony Soldier; 2016-12-08 at 07:57 PM.
    - "If you have a problem figuring out whether you're for me or Trump, then you ain't black" - Jo Bodin, BLM supporter
    - "I got hairy legs that turn blonde in the sun. The kids used to come up and reach in the pool & rub my leg down so it was straight & watch the hair come back up again. So I learned about roaches, I learned about kids jumping on my lap, and I love kids jumping on my lap...” - Pedo Joe

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Tyrande - Obessed with her husband, and has done nothing of late that defines her as a leader.
    Anduin - The only sensible character in the Alliance. He feels like a leader with a backstory that roots him in that position well.
    Genn Greymane - The worst character in the Alliance. Started a war against the Horde over his son during the -biggest- Legion invasion -ever-. Thats a war crime.
    Geblin Mechatorque - Useless leader. Does absolutely nothing but this is blamed on Blizzard and not actual lore.
    Muradin, Moira, and the other guy - They don't feel like a council. You really just see Muradin issuing out most commands.
    Aysa - Defected from the Alliance ....but somehow is still the leader of the Tushui..??
    Jaina Proudmoore - Wonderful leader. People mistake her anger against the Horde for being crazy when it is abolsutely justified by the amounts of civilians in Theramore and Dalaran they've killed.
    Prophet Velen - Says he has visions but when they happen, they're suddenly "new" to him. He's also pretty useless and a grey character. He should stay a Prophet and should've had Maraad been the Alliance leader of the Draenei.
    Okay well first, yes most of those chars suck.

Genn Is just a war criminal as well, he fights with us, cause he thinks the Horde abandoned him for no good reason, I mean how about...... talking? Asking why, send an envoy? Derp herp? King has no idea how to do that?

Speaking of abandoning the Horde, Veressa Windrunner.. she also seems to just hate the Horde for the actions of Garrosh and his loyalists, as well as Vol'jins horde for "Abandoning" the battlefield and loosing the Alliance a king, as she says so elegantly In her convos when you're doing the Suramar storyline.

And Jaina, Is just batshit crazy, I'm sorry but Blizzard ruined her, she's not justified, she's just angry and silly like Genn Is. I liked her more as the voice of reason, of peace and diplomacy, The deaths In Theramore were cause of Garrosh only, and Blizzard also ruining him, as they tried to first make him out to be a honourable good leader, as Is shown In the Stonetalon Peaks storyline for Horde. And then ruined later on. And Dalaran as well, Garrosh again. And her massacaring blood elves Is justifiable? They even wanted to join the bloody Alliance, and that's what happens when a crazy batshit person like Jaina get Into power.

Velen Is useless that's true

And Anduin Is made out to be a great potential character, who as we saw will live for many many years, longer then Varian as shown In his comic. However... where Is he? What's he doing, what? He's made out to be a "Major Character" In Legion, yet all we saw of him so far was In the Throne Room during Legion Pre-patch, and then the letter he gives you when you go to Stormheim with Genn. That's It.

Where Is the High King of the Alliance? It's almost half-way through the expansion, assuming 7.3 Is the last patch, and I very well assume It Is as they say It's the "End of the Legion" and we've got 7.1.5 In January, and 7.2 somewhere around April or May I'd assume. Which would already by the expansion In It's half year cicle, with most of the patches released and that's worrying.

It's a lot of content sure, bur the rule always Is... more content is good, but worthwhile content. Having a giant open world is not content, if you don't do anything In It - that's not a WoW example obviously but just trying to compare. Lets say Deus Ex, there's something to do at every little corner, good worthwhile, twisty fun stories, Witcher 3 as well while we're at It. And then games like... Farcry 4 Is just a lot of open world, not much worthwhile content, half of It Is just "Take stronghold, free prisoners, kill dudes, keep moving on"

And I feel we're getting content, but not all of the content will be for all. Not everybody will be PvPing, or raiding, or doing mythic +, or proffesions, or pet battles. What i mean Is we should get larger bits of content, 7.1 was a joke, It was 6.1 level of content, basically none. What did we get? A 3 man raid, half of which are predictable abilities, copied from regular mobs, or from dungeons, and the continuation of the Suramar storyline, that should've been there since launch? And the weekly quests we get are nothing good, It's just 3-4 quests of go here, kill dudes, pick up Info, learn a minor story plot point, end.

Wow that went off the rails very quickly... but It's relevant anyway!
    Permabanned on WoW since April 14th 2015, main acc I had since vanilla gone and trashed for no good reason, 6+ years later still banned with more appeals resulting in my BATTLENET games being suspended for a month eachtime I try making TICKETS because I'm asking for help with the perma ban. Blizzard has stopped caring for their first veteran players and would rather we leave, considering the Lawsuit, can you afford to keep peps banned even for so long under questionable circumstances?

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horde has their slice of shit too.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Horde characters aren't much better either. So if anything, WoW's best characters are most certainly no faction leaders.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Horde got Thrall. /end thread

Edit: Excuse me, I meant we got stuck with "Go'el"
    You dare speak out against The Green Jesus!?! HERESY!!!!!

Seriously tho, wtf Thrall? Grow some balls and stop going Mary Sue with "t3h 3l3m3n7z" every time there's a problem.
    Vol'jin gets killed after doing literally nothing.
    Cairne got killed after doing literally nothing.
    Baine STILL hasn't done anything.
    Gallywix STILL hasn't done anything.
    Lor'themar at least made an appearance in a few cutscenes, but otherwise hasn't done anything.
    I don't even know the name of the "panda" leader.

And....Sylvanus is pretty much the only "horde" leader who's driving the story.

At least we had Garry for a little while. Hate him all you want, but he was doing stuff.

EDIT: Keep in mind, I'm speaking of In-Game actions. I don't give two flying jackal asses about the books. I can't "play" those.

Garrosh Hellscream fills the slots 1-10 for sucky ass characters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Have people finally started to realize that Blizzard is shit at writing characters and stories?
    Blizzard's cutting corners again? Yare Yare Daze...

Deleted
    The horde is much worse if you ask me.

You also have funny interpretations about alliance characters.

Malfurian and Tyrande are BOTH useless. Seriously, they are huge burdens. Completely daft and useless.
    Genn: is a freaking superstar for finally sticking it up to Sylvanas. Love him! Genn for leader of the alliance tbh!
    Anduin... who? Seems to still be sitting in the keep. Will get back to you when he moves.
    Mekkatorque: Awesome comic relief character. Deserves to retake and remodel Gnomeregan for a future expansion.
    The dwarves: No one cares.
    Velen: Has turned stupid in Legion.
    Jaina: Not gone crazy at all. Completely justified in her suspicions of the horde. I know theres alot of debate on what some of her dissident forces did behind her back, but she herself never provoked the horde and was nuked - not ok. I am interested to see what will happen to her. I believe she may warm up back to a more neutral state, but if she goes down, i hope she takes some with her.
    Pandaren: No one cares. They don't play a part in the story on the post-pandaria.

Horde:
    Sylvanas: the lich queen... should've ended her story in wrath. It's not gonna end well.
    Vol'jin: Useless. I feel sorry for the hand he was dealt. There was potencial. He is dead though. Do trolls even have a leader anymore?
    Taurens: No one cares.
    Goblin: Its a comic relief character that deserves more screen time, just like mekkatorque.
    Pandaren: No one cares.
    Orc: Maybe has potencial. But is doing nothing.
    Lorthemar and Liadrin: I gotta say somethig. I'm a paladin. I'm not ok wih Liadrin beeing out there when i have sent her to do a mission! Get back on the class hall and Lorthemar get doing your job! Honestly! Yeah... he is ok i guess.
    edit: Thrall: Yeah... i even forgot about him.
    Last edited by mmoc80be7224cc; 2016-12-09 at 02:37 AM.

Deleted
    I agree.

Tyrande
    - She is mindcontrolled by Elune and thinks that love will destroy planets.

Malfurion
    - Cenarius' puppet

Anduin
    - A weak minded and spoiled boy who doesn't get anything done. Valen is the real leader of the Alliance now.

Genn Greymane
    - Not fit to lead an army since personal things are more important to him than the world's survival.

Geblin Mechatorque
    - Uses machines and doesn't follow the Light. Shouldn't be allowed to be a part of the Alliance.

Jaina Proudmoore
    - Overrated because of her cleavage. Hates the Horde only because she couldn't protect Theramore. How could she protect the Alliance?

Prophet Velen
    - True leader of the Alliance and the only good character. He uses the power of the Light to cleanse the Horde.

Meanwhile Horde has a strong woman leader Sylvanas and some real warriors like Grommash, Garrosh, Orgrim and Thrall. Blood or honour!
    Last edited by mmoccd6b269a28; 2016-12-09 at 04:53 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    as far the characters of alliance are bad or terrible, keep in mid the horde situations is a LOT worse, cause since GArrosh ours leaders are null, crap or just have few things on the lore

also Genn and the dwarfs are great and Anduin have potential if blizz stop screw up things, of course

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    You dare speak out against The Green Jesus!?! HERESY!!!!!

Seriously tho, wtf Thrall? Grow some balls and stop going Mary Sue with "t3h 3l3m3n7z" every time there's a problem.
    Vol'jin gets killed after doing literally nothing.
    Cairne got killed after doing literally nothing.
    Baine STILL hasn't done anything.
    Gallywix STILL hasn't done anything.
    Lor'themar at least made an appearance in a few cutscenes, but otherwise hasn't done anything.
    I don't even know the name of the "panda" leader.

And....Sylvanus is pretty much the only "horde" leader who's driving the story.

At least we had Garry for a little while. Hate him all you want, but he was doing stuff.

EDIT: Keep in mind, I'm speaking of In-Game actions. I don't give two flying jackal asses about the books. I can't "play" those.
    lothemar was a very important character from MOP, with all the things of the bell and the thunder island, i started like him there, cause he show balls, a very rare thing for elves

now is just sylvannus for Blizzard indeed, they think no other character is needed cause we have the bitch queen right? why horde players would want more
    Last edited by Syegfryed; 2016-12-09 at 08:22 AM.

I started my WoW journey on Alliance side in classic.
    Darnassus was a place you almost never went to. I might have turned a quest in to the leader once or twice, but certainly no memorable character.
    Ironforge had Bronzebeard sitting on his throne taking audience with adventurers now and then.
    The "gnome leader" could just as well have been "mechanic #2" in Ironforge, only there to give out rewards for some gnomer quests.
    Stormwind had no king, but a bunch of dragon impostors sent by Onyxia. Where you eventually found the king in a dungeon if you looked hard enough. Jaina was perhaps the most engaged character at the time.
    That was it. In fact the game felt a lot more like you were this unknown hero that adventured the world and dealt with troubles not even known by the leaders of the alliance.

On horde side the story had more depth. The horde was a less stable alliance than the alliance, meh. As a result, the race leaders were deeper involved in the levelling story as you got to be involved in their networking and not just "go meet these other guys too" kind of quests.
    But they were still weak in terms of story relevance.
    You had someone like Manrik who had more story relevance than Cairn.

Since then, the players got an increasingly bigger role in the storytelling and gotten to be more involved in the top-end of the characters. A shame if you ask me, I kind of liked being part of the side story rather than centre of the universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    - Tyrande showed an interesting side when she abandoned Malfurion to save her temple.
    - Malfurion. Same old, same old. Nothing real special about him as of late besides him being shown as an insect compared to Xavius's shadow.
    - Anduin. Lots of potential. Feels as though the meat of his story is just beginning.
    - Greymane. Just lost his king and also lost his son to the Horde leader. Shows that, while reckless, he won't just take it laying down. A more tactical Cata Garrosh (and more friendly to his allies).
    - Mechatorque is useless, I agree.
    - Dwarves are all over the place, could really use some focus by Blizzard.
    - Jaina lost everything to the Horde, even after spending years trying to work with them. Her character story still has potential.
    - Velen is paving the way into Argus. I expect more from him soon, but so far, he's been "meh".

Then we have the horde leaders.

- Thrall made the Horde we grew to love in Vanilla, then started to ruin it over time.
    - Baine... Who?
    - Lor'themar. One of the characters I'm the most excited for, but Blizzard has refused to give him meaningful story as of late. The last we got were a few glimpses in MoP.
    - Sylvanas. Amazing character.
    - Gallywix. Most useless character in the game imo.
    - Vol'jin (simply mentioning due to some rumors)... A coward who accomplished nothing other than failing someone he was supposed to advise.

The leader stories are sorely lacking, but after seeing what they're turning Illidan in to, maybe it's for the best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yup. Jaina's crazy, Anduins a naive, easily manipulated little bitch, Velen and the dwarves don't do shit and Tyrande and Malfurion are irritating.

Quote Originally Posted by Lobosan View Post
    Horde got Thrall. /end thread

Edit: Excuse me, I meant we got stuck with "Go'el"
    Thrall Aint Horde and hasnt been horde since the end of Wrath

Just sayin

Back on topic the reason the Allies got sucky ass characters is because they are too rigidly the good guys and good guys are boring. Had blizz gave us a new Garithos maybe the allies could be intresting again but alas Blizz wants the Alliance to be squeaky clean and therefore BORING!

7+ Year Old Account
    Yeah the Horde is not one pinch better. Most of the characters in WoW are terribly constructed characters, who are left stale because the narritive team does not know how to fit all their characters into the story. They also don't really create any unique new characters, so the game is getting more and more filled with "the Hero" as the only interesting character.

Outside of Suramar, Blizzard really need to sit down and make more character focused stories in Legion. It is wierd, when a giant titan, who appears like 4-5 times throughout the entire game, has more character then some of the major faction characters.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by BrummiePride View Post
    Thrall Aint Horde and hasnt been horde since the end of Wrath

Just sayin

Back on topic the reason the Allies got sucky ass characters is because they are too rigidly the good guys and good guys are boring. Had blizz gave us a new Garithos maybe the allies could be intresting again but alas Blizz wants the Alliance to be squeaky clean and therefore BORING!
    Ohh i would love a new Garithos Somebody to challenge Anduins rule as leader of the humans He could even champion a anti-undead movement now that Sylvans leads the Horde. Think of the slurs!! "Atleast they were lead by the living before, but now they have willingly choosen a leader, who does not value life at all!"....
    May the lore be great and the stories interesting. A game without a story, is a game without a soul. Value the lore and it will reward you with fun!

Don't let yourself be satisfied with what you expect and what you seem as obvious. Ask for something good, surprising and better. Your own standards ends up being other peoples standard.

Quote Originally Posted by TheramoreIsTheBomb View Post
    Tyrande, as per usual, was hastily cut from Legion's introduction (broken shore) experience because she was supposed to become a boss there and die. That however did not happen. So all they have for her is the concerned wife role you see in Val'sharah. However, she does step up her game in Suramar, I enjoyed seeing her there.

Malfurion? I do not like him. he is grey, just like Velen to me. "Hurpidurp, I dont care about my people but still make core decisions over their heads." - Fandral Staghelm was better in that regard. At least he had character.

Anduin? Schmanduin. Dont like him, will never like him, hated his comic strip.

Genn Greymane? Oh look, another angry hoomun, such creative.

Geblin Mekkatorque - Probably one of the most underused assets they have in their repertoire of story telling. This is to a one hundred percent on Blizzard.

Muradin, Moira and Falstad, the council of Three Hammers - As I said, still way underused. But their behaviour in the comics was actually very, very and I mean very reasonable. All of them cautious, a returning king, looking like a diamond. He could have very well incited a civil war between the dwarves. I think they are just happy that nothing horrible happened, even if he had to leave. Though the King has probably been made a pawn.

Aysa? Who dat? I dont speak NOM NOM NOM.

Jaina Proudmoore - again, way underused. She is right in every single aspect of her character. She sacrificed her own father to try and bring peace and Garrosh destroyed her home and many, many of her friends and loved ones. She has every reason to hate the Horde, no matter who the leader is now. They just keep confirming her hatred as well with their actions.

Velen - I really dont give a flying whoopdieeee about this grey piece of whooopdieee. I hope he just outright dies soon. Sincerely? I hope that Naaru they "purified" in the Priest Order Hall is going to explode and take everything with it. The Naaru are malevolent, horrible creatures that the Alliance should not allow. In fact, I think they are so horrible, we should just do the Legion a solid and destroy all of them. Medivh is more of a Prophet than Velen is and the man doesnt even get any funky visions.

Deleted
    You mean this game in general, right? :P

Pretty much all of them are based on characters from other fiction, one way or another.