Poll: Should successfully interrupting a spell give you a bonus?

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Question Should ALL interrupt spells give some sort of resource or buff (Like Demon Hunters) ?

Title says it all.

I was thinking about Demon Hunters and I started thinking, wouldn't it be a great idea if good gameplay choices were rewarded?

Some of the biggest problems this game and its players have is simply not understanding mechanics.

Think about your experiences with Maiden of Virtue, Mind flay beams on Eye in EN, a lot of damage can be easily mitigated by proper interrupts.

People tunnel because DPS is all that matters but wouldn't it make sense to reward the players that understand to interrupt?

Yes.

Thoughts?

Yes, but I can see where DH get some sort of "flavour" in their abilities and I'm not against it.
    A couple classes used to get damage buffs from interrupting, warriors and I think one other... the design was scrapped though.

And yes, there needs to be some incentive to interrupt. I really wish they would give paladins/monk interrupts again, because melee dps this expansion fucking suck.

Brewmasters still have an interrupt, are you referring to mistweavers and holy paladins?

I've thought about this as well, and I think it's one of the best things they added with the DH class. It is shocking how many people either don't know about interrupts, are bad at interrupting, or just can't be bothered to push the button.

Of course, you could have the opposite situation then where everybody tries to interrupt the first cast at the same time to get the DPS boost...but frankly, I'd rather put up with that than people just not using the button.

The incentive is that you don't die, so no.

They already give everyone a resource, its called "not taking damage."I think they should juts make some of these things far more deadly, so when steve dies because jeff thought his damage was more important we get to rip into jeff for tunneling and not pressing his interrupt button.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    And yes, there needs to be some incentive to interrupt. I really wish they would give paladins/monk interrupts again, because melee dps this expansion fucking suck.
    Started leveling a monk, they get an interrupt at like level 20 (WW, not sure on BrM). Ret and Prot Paladin also still has their rebuke. Not sure what shit melee DPS you play with but they both have interrupts.

I've always thought this would be a good idea. To take it even further, I think making a watered down version of the Sephuz's Secret proc baseline across the board could help make "bitch duties" in raid less bitchy. I'd love to have my DPS fighting over who gets to do the cc/interrupts, rather than the opposite.

People will be motivated to interrupt more if raid leaders brought up a "Who interrupted most" meter at the end of every fight and kicked everyone who was at 0, the same way they tend to do with DPS that do less damage than they add health to the boss.

Problem is that's a bit inherently ridiculous considering not everyone in a raid even needs to interrupt unless there's a fight where 20 adds spawn and all need interrupted separately... in which case you probably just stack blood elves.

Quote Originally Posted by Raxz View Post
    People will be motivated to interrupt more if raid leaders brought up a "Who interrupted most" meter at the end of every fight and kicked everyone who was at 0, the same way they tend to do with DPS that do less damage than they add health to the boss.

Problem is that's a bit inherently ridiculous considering not everyone in a raid even needs to interrupt unless there's a fight where 20 adds spawn and all need interrupted separately... in which case you probably just stack blood elves.
    People still don't really care. At the end of the day, there are no interrupt rankings. And considering the limited things to interrupt, you'd quickly kick your whole raid group using that logic.
    Last edited by BananaHandsB; 2016-12-09 at 09:33 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    Started leveling a monk, they get an interrupt at like level 20 (WW, not sure on BrM). Ret and Prot Paladin also still has their rebuke. Not sure what shit melee DPS you play with but they both have interrupts.
    Healers, healers.
    Resto shaman keep their interrupts, paladin and monks don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Yes. It'd give people a hell of a lot more incentive to use their interrupt. I'm constantly looking for interrupt-able spells on my demon hunter because I love that fury boost.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't even know what my lock can do to interrupt

You mean like when it was a Warrior glyph for 6 years and then removed and added to DH?
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    You can interrupt your own casting

Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    I've always thought this would be a good idea. To take it even further, I think making a watered down version of the Sephuz's Secret proc baseline across the board could help make "bitch duties" in raid less bitchy. I'd love to have my DPS fighting over who gets to do the cc/interrupts, rather than the opposite.
    They are already off the GCD, it is just lazy people that can not do more than one thing at once. This is not Cata when shaman had to lower their DPS to hold their shocks to interrupt.

- - - Updated - - -

Fel Puppy has one.

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Healers, healers.
    Resto shaman keep their interrupts, paladin and monks don't.
    I thought we got rid of people like you that wanted every spec in the game to be capable of every mechanic in the game. The game was so bad because of people like you for so long. Go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Your pet. Smh.

I don't really see any reason to give any buffs for interrupting it is already of GCD so its easy to cast while tunneling mobs. Adding damage incentive to interrupts would just make the tunnel vision dps interrupt on cd and then there is no interrupts for something else that needs to be interrupted.

Also I don't know where this is a problem, like maybe in HC dungeons and LFR but I haven't seen high m+ or mythic raid where people didn't interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    I thought we got rid of people like you that wanted every spec in the game to be capable of every mechanic in the game. The game was so bad because of people like you for so long. Go away.

- - - Updated - - -

Your pet. Smh.
    I don't want every spec to be capable of every mechanic. Monks and paladins used to be able to interrupt, it's shitty that they can't anymore because I now have to rely on retarded dpsers to do it when I was perfectly capable of handling it myself previously.

I'm sorry that you aren't good enough to heal and interrupt.