Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by unfilteredJW View Post
    No, they are egoists that care only for how much better they are doing than others.

Anything for a buck. Whores the lot of them.
    I'd believe that if it wasn't statistically likely that most of the posters here at middle class/lower class. Some like to fancy themselves rich and part of this global elite crowd but they're fooling themselves. We're all gonna feel the brunt of it if shit goes side ways.

Quote Originally Posted by Venant View Post
    I think it is more of a revolt against authoritarian leftists who allow and encourage hatred of people with different opinions from them. When these people get into positions of power, like moderators on a forum for example, they turn a blind eye to the abuses of people who they agree with.
    Haha. What a pathetic way to whine about forum moderation.

Je. Sus. Christ...this is going to be an entertaining 4 years.

I will never understand the stupidity of people who think people in business want to "Crash the economy" with no regulation.

Thats like saying, "I want to kill my own job cause I can. FUCK YOU".

Sometimes things fail, the market crash was a failure of the economic sector but sometimes it happens, things collapse and then rebuild, the problem was that we propped it all up with an enormous bail out package, instead of letting it all come crashing down we let it stay afloat, we did a little good for the short term to hurt the long term good (basically, stop fucking around).

But nooope

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xarim View Post
    Is that... some kind of veiled threat of revolution?

Because we all know feminists/SJWs are too weak to actually do anything outside of pout on Twitter
    You wouldn't know it seeing as the right seems to shake in their boots at the thought of getting beat up by a pack of savage Hillary supporters and all the "riots".

The stock market is a great indication of the rich getting richer. I mean, Aren't the rich just happy they are about to suck the life out of the middle and lower class?

Also, Optimism doesn't have staying power. Come back in a year and tout about it if he actually does something. Or inevitably don't come back if it doesn't pan out.
    Last edited by Varitok; 2016-12-09 at 10:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    But what if the next 4-8 years are one of amazing economic growth and prosperity, with Trump's fiscal policy creating a New Deal type solution for all those jobs, spreading wealth to everyone more equally (let's face it, that hasn't happened under Obama) and solving the global debt overhang from 2008

Will you then admit you were just wrong?

Or would you say "wait 16 years for the full effects of this terrible presidency to really be understood"
    I don't know can you wait to see what happens instead of touting early market predictions to be the end all be all of economic status? You're wanting me to admit I'm wrong. About what? The fuck are you right about?

10+ Year Old Account
    Обединени социалистически щати на Америка
    Quote Originally Posted by CellarDoor View Post
    Stock Market goes up. Liberals:
    Liberals love the rich, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Guchie View Post
    I will never understand the stupidity of people who think people in business want to "Crash the economy" with no regulation.

Sometimes things fail, the market crash was a failure of the economic sector but sometimes it happens, things collapse and then rebuild, the problem was that we propped it all up with an enormous bail out package, instead of letting it all come crashing down we let it stay afloat, we did a little good for the short term to hurt the long term good (basically, stop fucking around).

But nooope
    Of course businesses don't want to. Their intent is to make as much profit as possible, profit does not always translate into an improved state of affairs for your everyday worker. A rallying market means that the market believes that Trump's actions will benefit the market as a whole. No more, no less.

Every time we have deregulated business we have seen adverse outcomes that affected the working/middle class. I don't see how this time will be any different.

Quote Originally Posted by Guchie View Post

But nooope
    Let's pretend everything your premise is true. It's not, but let's pretend. The resulting crash would have been a catastrophic even for the world, let alone the U.S.

So leaving the economy to it's own devices would have been a rather counterproductive thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dugraka View Post
    I'd believe that if it wasn't statistically likely that most of the posters here at middle class/lower class. Some like to fancy themselves rich and part of this global elite crowd but they're fooling themselves. We're all gonna feel the brunt of it if shit goes side ways.
    I mean, when your whole self worth is based on how much better you are doing than the guy below you, I'd be worried about my fragile ego too.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Varitok View Post
    The stock market is a great indication of the rich getting richer. I mean, Aren't the rich just happy they are about to suck the life out of the middle and lower class?
    all those rich people with 401k's,529's, Ira's and pensions, oh wait ...
    you can't make this shit up
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Third-wave feminism or Choice feminism is actually extremely egalitarian
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I hate America
    Quote Originally Posted by Mormolyce View Post
    I don't read/watch any of these but to rank them:Actual news agency (mostly factual):CNN MSNBC NPR

Deleted
    I don't know can you wait to see what happens instead of touting early market predictions to be the end all be all of economic status? You're wanting me to admit I'm wrong. About what? The fuck are you right about?
    Well here's what you were already wrong about about what would happen if Hillary wasn't elected, and Trump was:

a) the world didn't end

b) the market didn't crash

c) (and this is the main one) all those experts (so not the rednecks everyone assumes are the only people supporting Trump) - as in economists, businesspeople, politicans, academics - are now updating their growth projections for the next few years based on Trump's policy initiatives, realising his plans are actually going to lead to more growth, more income for the middle class, etc

That is a hilarious change of tune, isn't it?

The experts themselves are now agreeing Trump was the smarter candidate, and Hillary was the clown

Weird huh?

You do agree with the experts, right?

You're not some kind of Trumper anti-intellectual, right?
    Last edited by mmoca8403991fd; 2016-12-09 at 10:35 PM.

That's ideology for you
    Yeah, ideology- that thing that Republicans know all about right? Like voting down any kind of Keynesian stimulus proposed by Democrats in the past 8 years that might have stimulated the economy, refusing to raise the debt ceiling, and bringing government to a grinding halt in order to stop "wasteful Democrat spending", only to turn round and cheer a guy who's planning a trillion dollars of infrastructure spending funded by borrowing. In the reptilian Republican brain things are wrong and terrible if your opponent does it, but A-OK if your man does it.

The worst thing is, the Democrats will support the Republicans in this infrastructure spending because they actually want to get the economy growing again and want to see the left behind brought back up, but when they do that they'll see the Republicans getting all the credit, even though the Republicans were happy to see the poor suffer during the recession due to their obstructionism. Meanwhile the Tea Partyers who were so exercised about government spending when a black guy was in charge will roll over and applaud that spending now that a white (orange) dude is doing it. America is so fucked.

Quote Originally Posted by stabetha View Post
    all those rich people with 401k's,529's, Ira's and pensions, oh wait ...
    Its a pittance in comparison to the wealth of the people about to benefit.

Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From a purely selfish POV, my portfolio has been doing very well in the past few weeks... to date I have a 40% return....

Looking at it from a bigger picture... this is just making people that are already well off richer... the Wealth Inequality will skyrocket under Trump, unless he actually starts doing the infrastructure investment he promised.
    I'm guessing you're huge on Nvidia? I went big on them with the announcement of Tensorflow and Google/Microsoft's plans introduce GPU VMs to their cloud services. With seemingly all frameworks going CUDA. Oddly enough, Google decided to go AMD last month even despite TF's limitations to CUDA. Wonder what they plan on doing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well here's what you were already wrong about:

a) the world didn't end
    b) the market didn't crash

c) (and this is the main one) all those experts (so not the rednecks everyone assumes are the only people supporting Trump) - as in economists, businesspeople, politicans, academics - are now updating their growth projections for the next few years based on Trump's policy initiatives, realising his plans are actually going to lead to more growth, more income for the middle class, etc

That is a hilarious change of tune, isn't it?
    A+B) I don't know where the hell you keep getting this. I never made these claims, try harder.

C) Now we listen to experts when they sing your tune? I thought this election proved that "experts" cannot be trusted?

Are these the same "experts" that predicted Trump wouldn't win and that the market would "immediately crash"? Seems kind of iffy to place your whole trust in them.

Deleted
    A+B) I don't know where the hell you keep getting this. I never made these claims, try harder.

C) Now we listen to experts when they sing your tune? I thought this election proved that "experts" cannot be trusted?
    That's kind of what I'm asking

Do you now distrust experts, the way the pro-Trump rednecks did before the election?

Could it be because the experts changed their mind and now support Trump - something you're ideologically opposed to doing?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    It's in financiers' interests to say everything is going to go great, so people will purchase what they're trying to sell off.
    Tulip mania.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    That's kind of what I'm asking

Do you now distrust experts, the way the pro-Trump rednecks did before the election?

Could it be because the experts changed their mind and now support Trump
    So you trust the experts that were wrong to begin with because they have the accept the reality of a Trump presidency and try to make the best of a shit situation. Yeah, we'll see how it goes.

Hopefully you're right and everybody prospers. I have my doubts if history has shown us anything.