Quote Originally Posted by The Fiend View Post
    Clearly the best way is to starve them and just cut CIA funding.
    (1) Congress sets budgets not the President, and Congress has, on a bi-partisan basis, largely ignored the Obama Administration's budget priorities for years.

(2) Congress would never do that. In fact the Defense budget is going to rise under Trump, and would have also under Clinton. Why? Because Congress has wanted it to for years, on a bipartisan basis and the only person blocking that was Obama.

And he's gone in 40 days.

The Unstoppable Force Theodarzna's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowmelded View Post
    American agency has America's interests at heart, confirmed gestapo. I just don't understand this belief that because America may have been or may still be to a lesser degree, imperialistic that they're irredeemable. Especially when it comes from someone born in a country that had a literal Empire.
    The Stasi worked in East Germany's interests as well..... allegedly anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by Crissi View Post
    i think I have my posse filled out now. Mars is Theo, Jupiter is Vanyali, Linadra is Venus, and Heather is Mercury. Dragon can be Pluto.
    On MMO-C we learn that Anti-Fascism is locking arms with corporations, the State Department and agreeing with the CIA, But opposing the CIA and corporate America, and thinking Jews have a right to buy land and can expect tenants to pay rent THAT is ultra-Fash Nazism. Bellingcat is an MI6/CIA cut out. Clyburn Truther.

Deleted
    American agency has America's interests at heart, confirmed gestapo. I just don't understand this belief that because America may have been or may still be to a lesser degree, imperialistic that they're irredeemable. Especially when it comes from someone born in a country that had a literal Empire.
    Because the Una-Bomber had America's Interests at heart. Also, don't try the History angle buddy, America's failure at Imperialism during the Spanish Wars and the America-Chino Wars are quite well documented.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Skroe View Post
    (1) Congress sets budgets not the President, and Congress has, on a bi-partisan basis, largely ignored the Obama Administration's budget priorities for years.

(2) Congress would never do that. In fact the Defense budget is going to rise under Trump, and would have also under Clinton. Why? Because Congress has wanted it to for years, on a bipartisan basis and the only person blocking that was Obama.

And he's gone in 40 days.
    Well, good luck with that then. Seems you Americans really did fuck yourself over with things like the CIA.

I'm done for tonight, it's pointless arguing on the issue. Once again, My stance was "I don't trust the CIA to tell the truth about anything" and The regressives have twisted words into petty fights trying to defend their Orwellian government actions.

Just take the news as it is, Your routine 2 min hate and move on people.
    You're a foreigner.

Of COURSE you shouldn't trust for the CIA. They work for the United States and it's interests, not yours.

I respect MI:6's record. I appreciate they've had a good relationship with the US for years. but do I trust MI:6? Why would I? they are another country's intelligence agency. I trust that they'd do the right thing... for British interests.

Quote Originally Posted by Bighud44 View Post
    No that is not true, leaking is not always "intentional". In most cases its accidental. There are many military members who are in prison, and or have lost their career, for accidentally leaking or disclosing classified material. Many are in prison for removing and storing classified material in other areas not secure and not intended for storage of such material. As what Clinton did. I have looked thru your post and you seem to go googling and post stuff as if you have that knowledge. Well here is mine...for 24 years I have served in the military and have been using classified material since right after boot camp. If I would have, or if I do what she did, I would be charged and put in prison for leaking classified material. When classified material is removed from a secured server it is "leaked" or "spilled". Those are facts. Sorry the FBI director decided to add your term "Intentional" to the code that doesn't have it there. She broke Section 793 of the Penal Code, Subsection (f). Here I will post it so you don't have to google it:
    (f) Whoever, being entrusted with or having lawful possession or control of any document, writing, code book, signal book, sketch, photograph, photographic negative, blueprint, plan, map, model, instrument, appliance, note, or information, relating to the national defense, (1) through gross negligence permits the same to be removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of his trust, or to be lost, stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, or (2) having knowledge that the same has been illegally removed from its proper place of custody or delivered to anyone in violation of its trust, or lost, or stolen, abstracted, or destroyed, and fails to make prompt report of such loss, theft, abstraction, or destruction to his superior officer—
    Shall be fined under this title or imprisoned not more than ten years, or both.

Now read it carefully. This code actually has his term in it "negligence", but of course he used a different code when recommending not to charge.

Now to your quote of someone else. You claim that "Just because they didn't provide the evidence in the initial statement doesn't mean its not true and there's no evidence." Well if there is evidence show it? Or else it is false. Sorry but you cant just go around accusing people with no evidence. So what if I said you hump animals???? Is it true since in my first post about it I showed no proof? According you, just because I didn't doesn't make it not true.
    I think the key term in that code is "permit" and that's where the question lies.

You also provide no evidence of your service, nor of your assertion that you would be put in prison. Following your logic, I shouldn't believe you....right?

I mean you talked a great deal about classified national security material, then turn around and expect the DHS or NSA to lay out their evidence in their initial statement. Kinda seems hypocritical on your part, no?
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Well, good luck with that then. Seems you Americans really did fuck yourself over with things like the CIA.
    The list of successes vastly outweighs the failures.

Deleted
    You're a foreigner.

Of COURSE you shouldn't trust for the CIA. They work for the United States and it's interests, not yours.

I respect MI:6's record. I appreciate they've had a good relationship with the US for years. but do I trust MI:6? Why would I? they are another country's intelligence agency. I trust that they'd do the right thing... for British interests.
    I don't think a single American should trust the CIA or FBI because they DON'T have the citizens best interests at heart. See: the War on Drugs.

- - - Updated - - -

Successes.... like?

Well, your stance is defending the CIA, one of America's chief tools for dispensing it's Imperialistic ideals. So yeah, it's cute to "Say" you criticize the Imperialism, yet your opinions on many other subjects proof contrary to that statement.
    I have only defended the CIA in so far as I've said this report should be taken seriously and investigated further.

This is tedious.

Which at most should leave them skeptical and questioning the information. But instead they are flat our denying it as if it a figment of imagination. And its THAT, that shows bias.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    The Stasi worked in East Germany's interests as well..... allegedly anyway.
    I'm just going to start quoting myself because this is becoming circular;
    I haven't argued that the CIA are good, merely that they exist to advance America's interests, even if those interests are heinous. They are not in the business of intentionally undermining the US.
    Undermining the authority of the President elect and faith in the electoral system/democracy doesn't benefit the US, nor the CIA.

Because the Una-Bomber had America's Interests at heart. Also, don't try the History angle buddy, America's failure at Imperialism during the Spanish Wars and the America-Chino Wars are quite well documented.
    He was an anarchist actually and I'm not American so their failure wrt Imperialism doesn't bother me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm afraid your right.

There is no hope for this pathetic lot. Tis' why I am glad Trump won, I might even vote for him next round considering it doesn't look like the Democrats will get their shit together ever. At least I'll have their tears to bask in.
    Finally stopped pretending you're a liberal and that you care about anything but sticking it to 'the left', then?

I don't think a single American should trust the CIA or FBI because they DON'T have the citizens best interests at heart. See: the War on Drugs.
    '

I strongly disagree.

- - - Updated - - -

Successes.... like?
    Operation Paperclip
    The SR-71 program and the U-2 Program.
    Operation Gladio
    The Predator drone program
    Operation PBSUCCESS in Guatemala
    Counterespionage against the USSR that disrupted soviet acquisition of American tech.
    Destruction of a Soviet oil pipeline
    The War in Afghanistan in the 1980s. Fun with stinger missiles
    Finding Osama bin Laden
    Peeling Arab states off the Soviet Sphere in the 1980s.
    Operation Olympic Games against Iran.
    Penetrating the security apparatus of Russia and China to the extent that both try to avoid electronic communications.

Just off the top of my head.

You're a foreigner.

Do you trust the CIA?

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    Finally stopped pretending you're a liberal and that you care about anything but sticking it to 'the left', then?
    Pretending? She's just a concern troll.
    Whoever loves let him flourish. / Let him perish who knows not love. / Let him perish twice who forbids love. - Pompeii

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Do you trust the CIA?
    Of course I do. They recruited hard out of my university (didn't get many takers though... they don't pay enough). They're a government agency that over it's long history has achieved many successes on behalf of the American people... and more than a few failures, some of them cataclysmic. It's filled with hardworking, patriotic professionals.

You know what that makes them?

A government agency.

I love how many C.I.A. experts there are on these forums, who knew MMO-Champion knew so much of the inner workings of our most clandestine agency.....my compliments! Go to bed y'all.

The war on drugs is dying a slow death, which is evidenced by Obama's presidential pardons and the legalization of marijuana. Who do you suggest the American public trust instead?

Quote Originally Posted by Vamperica View Post
    As much as I am not okay with the hacking and release of this information, I can't see anything more than the airing of dirty laundry at this point.
    Yeah but lets not look at how bad that dirty laundry is, lets instead take some hearsay by unidentified persons talking in anonymity and make that the main topic.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    and the legalization of marijuana.
    At a state level it's still illegal at a federal level.

Quote Originally Posted by lockedout View Post
    Yeah but lets not look at how bad that dirty laundry is, lets instead take some hearsay by unidentified persons talking in anonymity and make that the main topic.

- - - Updated - - -

The source is the CIA. The agency. The specific person is irrelevant. This represents agency opinion. Try again.

The source is the CIA. The agency. The specific person is irrelevant. This represents agency opinion. Try again.
    Be that as it may, the worst thing they did was expose the DNC to the public for what they were, if knowing that swayed the election then that's the American people responding to the corruption exposed.