Deleted

Need a diagnosis!!!

Hi guys. So yesterday i turn my pc on and the monitor wouldnt come on. After a couple of restarts it comes on and is fine until i load a game up, any game that is. Screen just goes black asif monitor has no signal. Can hear sound still for like 10 seconds it starts to stutter and then nomore sound. So ive rebooted pc and this happens all the time the amount of time i get on the game before this happens is anywhere between 1 to 5 mins then it happens. If you need specs i can post later as im on the shitter at work right now. Anyone had this and know a solution??? Thanks in advance

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Acesibo View Post
    If you need specs i can post later as im on the shitter at work right now
    My day is now complete thank you.
    My rogue RIP 2004-2019
    Quote Originally Posted by Doctor Amadeus View Post
    No they don’t learn and evidence suggests that. Behavior also doesn’t change and if there is any hope of learning behavior has to change.

Not meaningless declarations easy to say after he regrets offering up evidence he’s a racist.

Check to make sure your video card is seated properly. Check to make sure the fan is still blowing and that the card isn't a dust ball. Check and make sure that the power cable is still connected well.
    Check your cpu cooler for dust problems.(make sure liquid coolers are still pumping.)
    Delete and reinstall your drivers.
    Reset your bios to default settings.
    Try a different video card(if you have one laying around) or test your card in another computer.
    Try a different power supply.
    Check and make sure your memory is seated properly.(might try putting memory in different slots as well, and do a memory check)
    That order.
    Last edited by Gilgemesh; 2016-12-10 at 07:30 AM.
    Quite often, the difference between an idiot and a genius is simply a matter of success rate.

How's your gpu? New driver? Do you have any tweaked settings on it? Is it older? If so have you cleaned it lately? Are your temps good?
    Sounds similar to issues I've had with gpus before and variations of the things I've described have been the culprit. Could be something else but it sounds like gpu crashes under load to me; which could be bad card, high temps, bad driver; temps could spike on a previously working cars if you haven't cleaned it for a while and the fan/sinks are getting clogged with dust; or if you case is not getting airflow for similar reasons, like clogged intake/exhaust fans.

At least that would be my first attempt at troubleshooting; after that I'd consider your psu, is it old and on its last days? Fan clogged with dust? Is is a reliable brand or bargain bin?

Those would be my first steps at fixing it; then I'd go from there. It is always a good idea to list full build when asking for help, as it lets people get a general idea of the parts in the machine, both age and quality;giving people who want to help a head start and better idea of what further information that may be needed, which helps you faster in the end.
    My PC Build 4790k @ 4.7 GHz @ 1.28v; 1080 @ +175 core, +500 memory