Page 1 of 3
LastLast

[spoilers] what would the reaction of the Elves be if Illidan returns?

Ofc we now know if you watched the leaked trailer, that Illidan has returned to help us. Which begs the question: how will the different Elves react? Since I don't think the rest of the Horde and Alliance races would have strong opinions about him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Unmerciful Conker View Post
    What?! They said soon? Well you dont hear that everyday, I dont know about you guys but that has put my mind at total rest.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    As far as blood elves are concerned, there might be those who blame Illidan for the start of Kael'thas's descent into madness so they may not like him, on the flip side his teachings saved them so they may listen to him. Night elves will probably hate him because Tyrande and Malfurion refuse to pull the stick out of their ass and acknowledge Illidan's sacrifices.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Deleted
    i know you said elves but i want to see the forsaken reaction when they found out about his involvement with the lich king, they should worship the ground he walks since he is responsible for their creation

Deleted
    but kor'vas is a nightelf hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    but kor'vas is a nightelf hahaha
    yeah but she is also Illidari, his loyal follower.

besides, she is immortal. Illidan won't waste his time with someone who will live a couple of centuries(Tyrande).

he needs eternal happiness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DemonHunter18 View Post
    yeah but she is also Illidari, his loyal follower.

besides, she is immortal. Illidan won't waste his time with someone who will live a couple of centuries(Tyrande).

he needs eternal happiness.
    you know i have this weird feeling that the titan of azeroth is going to be his eternal happiness I mean she doesn't want to awaken as a titan because she will kill us all so she will make a human size body to inhabit and also because sargeras wants her and Illidan hates sargeras so he will try to keep her safe from him just so that he can get under his skin, just a fanfiction in my head better than Kor'vas or Maiev anyway

you know i have this weird feeling that the titan of azeroth is going to be his eternal happiness I mean she doesn't want to awaken as a titan because she will kill us all so she will make a human size body to inhabit and also because sargeras wants her and Illidan hates sargeras so he will try to keep her safe from him just so that he can get under his skin, just a fanfiction in my head better than Kor'vas or Maiev anyway
    LMAO best and worse fanfiction ever

Blood elves will likely be mixed. Illidan never truly "betrayed" them like Kael'thas did, at least not in the same way, so while they fought against him he was also responsible for supplying Kael'thas with the fel crystals which fed their addiction. Most will likely dislike him for turning on the remaining Silvermoon blood elves (although you could argue it was the other way around? I'm not sure it was ever confirmed who turned on who in lore in that relationship after Kael'thas defected and divided their people) but blood elves are largely impressed by the pursuit of power and persistence in the face of impossible odds, and Illidan exemplifies this more than anything.

Night elves...well, Malfurion may look to make amends, and Tyrande has always had a soft spot for him, but most average night elf citizens consider him and the demon hunters as a whole aberrations. They barely trust mages, let alone demonic traitor elves. If night elves hate blood elves then "hate" doesn't even begin to describe how they feel about demon hunters, especially Illidan.

Here is how it will play out, Illidan shows up. Does super awesome kill steal, states that line of epicness. Then Malfurion, Tyrande and Maev show up.

Malfurion: Illidan you are the evil and need to be locked up! Shut up Tyrande! I have no brother! Druid powers will save the world! Cenarius I'm coming! Oh fuck I got captured by the dead Xavius! Again! Send the last of the former Dragon Aspects to save me, gotta get them killed.
    Tyrande: I love you so much. Elune grant me strength! Elune!
    Maev: Going to lock you up again! In my dungeon... which is over run with demons... BECAUSE I AM SO ONE DIMENSIONAL! ARG! Kill magic users! Everybody forgives me! KILL!
    Illidan: For fucks sake...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    Night elves will probably hate him because Tyrande and Malfurion refuse to pull the stick out of their ass and acknowledge Illidan's sacrifices.
    i lol'd, well done

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Irian View Post
    Blood elves will likely be mixed. Illidan never truly "betrayed" them like Kael'thas did, at least not in the same way, so while they fought against him he was also responsible for supplying Kael'thas with the fel crystals which fed their addiction. Most will likely dislike him for turning on the remaining Silvermoon blood elves (although you could argue it was the other way around? I'm not sure it was ever confirmed who turned on who in lore in that relationship after Kael'thas defected and divided their people) but blood elves are largely impressed by the pursuit of power and persistence in the face of impossible odds, and Illidan exemplifies this more than anything.

Night elves...well, Malfurion may look to make amends, and Tyrande has always had a soft spot for him, but most average night elf citizens consider him and the demon hunters as a whole aberrations. They barely trust mages, let alone demonic traitor elves. If night elves hate blood elves then "hate" doesn't even begin to describe how they feel about demon hunters, especially Illidan.
    so imagine what they feel about me a blood elf demon hunter bhahaha

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    ...For fucks sake...
    this sums up Illidan's life from the day he was born till now

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO best and worse fanfiction ever
    why, Illidan needs someone special and don't tell me any of the women we have seen so far are special

why, Illidan needs someone special and don't tell me any of the women we have seen so far are special
    but Maiev cares about Illidan the most.

she traveled from planet to planet just to be reunited with him

Considering the fact that only DHs care about Gul'dan stealing Illidans body, i'd guess they wouldnt react at all. His spli of body and soul was in blackrook ffs, so close to Lorathil/Cenarius, and they dont care. Noone mentions anything.

But if i had to bet, after the whole nightmare thing Tyrande/Malfurion will be out of the picture for the rest of legion. As for blood elves? Why would they care, he allied with their traitor prince.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    The Blood Elves would have understandably mixed feelings - some might blame him for Kael'thas' corruption (despite that not actually being his fault), some might see him as heroic, and others would be more or less neutral. The High Elves would probably be majority negative, seeing him as a Fel-corrupted monstrosity whose "ends justifies the means" philosophy has done more ill than good. The Night Elves would continue to view him as the Betrayer in all likelihood, with only Malfurion and/or Tyrande knowing better but still opposed to him on general principle. The Nightborne would be more difficult to judge - some might feel sympathy or pity for his plight, others might simply see him as a warning about the deleterious effects of Fel, and still others might see his path as the one to ultimate freedom and seek to join the Illidari.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

10+ Year Old Account
    i know you said elves but i want to see the forsaken reaction when they found out about his involvement with the lich king, they should worship the ground he walks since he is responsible for their creation
    Illidan didnt give them a kingdom and a home, Sylvanas did. Sylvanas gave them purpose, and thats why its highly unlikely for them to care at all about Illidan.
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

Illidan didnt give them a kingdom and a home, Sylvanas did. Sylvanas gave them purpose, and thats why its highly unlikely for them to care at all about Illidan.
    true but without Illidan attacking the Frozen Throne, they would still be Lich King's puppets.

10+ Year Old Account
    true but without Illidan attacking the Frozen Throne, they would still be Lich King's puppets.
    True, it doesn't however make the Forsaken think about illidan at all. They never have been a race to trip over themselves to thank anyone either.
    Holy shit lol

True, it doesn't however make the Forsaken think about illidan at all. They never have been a race to trip over themselves to thank anyone either.
    true and Illidan wouldn't care anyway.

everyone hates him but Blizzard will now ruin that shit.

You mean that thing he did because he was being a little bitch for the Burning Legion and was afraid that if he didn't follow through they'd kill him?

The Illidan retcon is the worst part of Legion. Dude is an egotistical schmuck who only really cares for his own power and has a chip on his shoulder.

Every sacrifice he's ever made has been to further his own power and ego, not to defend crap but himself and when he finally lost he ran off to Outland and moped on top of the black temple while his "realm" was actually run by a bunch of Blood Elves and one of his most trusted Scions gave into fel-power that Illidan himself hooked him on.