Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    well, yeah.

they could have developed him without any major retcons.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shelly View Post
    You mean that thing he did because he was being a little bitch for the Burning Legion and was afraid that if he didn't follow through they'd kill him?

The Illidan retcon is the worst part of Legion. Dude is an egotistical schmuck who only really cares for his own power and has a chip on his shoulder.

Every sacrifice he's ever made has been to further his own power and ego, not to defend crap but himself and when he finally lost he ran off to Outland and moped on top of the black temple while his "realm" was actually run by a bunch of Blood Elves and one of his most trusted Scions gave into fel-power that Illidan himself hooked him on.
    So they retcon him into the man we saw in w3 and not the maniac you popped out of your mind (because babies like you can't handle the fact that he had to kill people in order to save others, poor poor baby ), which is not a retcon at all. What we see here is that for the first time ever a character that we didn't know anything about is shown to have the biggest balls in all of azeroth and surprise surprise he is more important than this so called heroes that go around and kill everything like the sheep they are

YOU MAD BRO?

Quote Originally Posted by Diannak View Post
    So they retcon him into the man we saw in w3 and not the maniac you popped out of your mind (because babies like you can't handle the fact that he had to kill people in order to save others, poor poor baby ), which is not a retcon at all. What we see here is that for the first time ever a character that we didn't know anything about is shown to have the biggest balls in all of azeroth and surprise surprise he is more important than this so called heroes that go around and kill everything like the sheep they are

YOU MAD BRO?
    In wc3 we saw him as a bitch of KJ who would serve the legion for power and person who runs away from his failures.

The Unstoppable Force Friendlyimmolation's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Dreadfort, or Korriban. You never know.
    Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Didn't Illidan have like this huge source of power for the elves but he never ended up giving it to them? I remember something along the lines of that during the green fire questline
    the soul forge or whatever, pretty sure he was saving it for a portal.
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWKnight65 View Post
    That's same excuse from you and so many others on this website and your right some of threads do bully high elf fans to a point where they might end up losing their minds to a point of a mass shooting.
    Holy shit lol

10+ Year Old Account
    You mean this WC3?
    Knowing that the Well’s destruction would prevent him from ever wielding magic again, Illidan selfishly abandoned the group and set out to warn the high-borne of Furion’s plan. Due to the madness brought on by his addiction and the stinging resentment towards his brother’s affair with Tyrande, Illidan felt no remorse at betraying Furion and siding with Azshara and her ilk. Above all else, Illidan vowed to protect the Well’s power by any means necessary.
    [...]
    Azshara, having received Illidan’s warning, was more than prepared for them. Nearly all of Furion’s followers fell before the mad Queen’s raging powers.
    [...]
    Convinced that the demons would crush the night elves’ civilization, he planned to steal the sacred waters and keep their energies for himself.
    [...]
    Over time, the noble night Elf lost his soul to a dependency for magic’s chaotic energies. Though Illidan used his dark powers to aid his brother against the demons of the Burning Legion, he ultimately betrayed his people by siding with the evil Queen Azshara and her followers.

--WC3 manual

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    You mean this WC3?
    Knowing that the Well’s destruction would prevent him from ever wielding magic again, Illidan selfishly abandoned the group and set out to warn the high-borne of Furion’s plan. Due to the madness brought on by his addiction and the stinging resentment towards his brother’s affair with Tyrande, Illidan felt no remorse at betraying Furion and siding with Azshara and her ilk. Above all else, Illidan vowed to protect the Well’s power by any means necessary.
    [...]
    Azshara, having received Illidan’s warning, was more than prepared for them. Nearly all of Furion’s followers fell before the mad Queen’s raging powers.
    [...]
    Convinced that the demons would crush the night elves’ civilization, he planned to steal the sacred waters and keep their energies for himself.
    [...]
    Over time, the noble night Elf lost his soul to a dependency for magic’s chaotic energies. Though Illidan used his dark powers to aid his brother against the demons of the Burning Legion, he ultimately betrayed his people by siding with the evil Queen Azshara and her followers.

--WC3 manual
    Hmm i don't know man you could have easily taken this shit from wow and added a "WC3 manual" at the end. If I don't see a source then I am not impressed

Hmm i don't know man you could have easily taken this shit from wow and added a "WC3 manual" at the end. If I don't see a source then I am not impressed
    It is in the manual and the reason he's called the betrayer. It was retconned in the War of the Ancients to him being a double-agent when siding with Azshara and the Legion. Ever since it's been retcon after retcon to make "the cool demon dude" a hero.

The whole Illidan bit with the eye of sargeras also doesn't make sense and to me is the big elephant in the room that's being ignored. I get the whole sacrificing lives for the greater good, but destroying the entire planet to stop the Lich King is on an entirely different level. Hearing X'era handwave that away has got to be amusing.
    Last edited by Duckz0rs; 2016-12-13 at 05:29 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Duckz0rs View Post
    It is in the manual and the reason he's called the betrayer. It was retconned in the War of the Ancients to him being a double-agent when siding with Azshara and the Legion. Ever since it's been retcon after retcon to make "the cool demon dude" a hero.

The whole Illidan bit with the eye of sargeras also doesn't make sense and to me is the big elephant in the room that's being ignored. I get the whole sacrificing lives for the greater good, but destroying the entire planet to stop the Lich King is on an entirely different level. Hearing X'era handwave that away has got to be amusing.
    when did he try to destroy the planet, it was only northrend he was aiming go and read the lore

when did he try to destroy the planet, it was only northrend he was aiming go and read the lore
    It's not even whole Northrend just Icecrown Glacier but Illidan haters gonna hate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lukazhuja19 View Post
    It's not even whole Northrend just Icecrown Glacier but Illidan haters gonna hate
    yeah because when Malfurion is saying "the earth is being torn apart" and cries like a baby it has to be true, fuck the land been torn what about when the scourge take a hold of it, you think it would be as bad as been torn apart hah

hey did you vote for illidan in [GAME] The Helheim Battle Royal?

yeah because when Malfurion is saying "the earth is being torn apart" and cries like a baby it has to be true, fuck the land been torn what about when the scourge take a hold of it, you think it would be as bad as been torn apart hah

yea haha but was busy and missed couple of hundred of pages from game so not so active anymore...

Just wanna say that it's stupid everybody hating Illidan now because of ending of book which is suposed to be don't know how many years into future. Illidan imo was next to Arthas best character in rts games and deserves to be regarded as such

Deleted
    yea haha but was busy and missed couple of hundred of pages from game so not so active anymore...

Just wanna say that it's stupid everybody hating Illidan now because of ending of book which is suposed to be don't know how many years into future. Illidan imo was next to Arthas best character in rts games and deserves to be regarded as such
    there is a voting for anduin vs Illidan right now and they are equal fucking hell EQUAL Illidan will lose against anduin, the world is going crazy, go and vote for Illidan we cannot allow this to happen

PS 1v1 battle happens because the list of people remaining got small

he was... until Illidan novel.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Friendlyimmolation View Post
    As far as blood elves are concerned, there might be those who blame Illidan for the start of Kael'thas's descent into madness so they may not like him, on the flip side his teachings saved them so they may listen to him. Night elves will probably hate him because Tyrande and Malfurion refuse to pull the stick out of their ass and acknowledge Illidan's sacrifices.
    You go live in a giant tree and see how many times a stick finds its way in there. I think their record is OK, considering.
    Sylvanas didn't even win the popular vote, she was elected by an indirect election of representatives. #NotMyWarchief

Pretty sure Illidan breaking just a glacier made from ice coalesced in the twisting nether wouldn't have been a problem. Instead he was literally cracking the world and had he succeeded Azeroth would have been another Outland.

I'm glad you enjoy your favorite character, but the fact of the matter is he's a bitch that's always biting the hand that feeds him.

He's named the betrayer because that's what he does. Dude switches sides like a fish swims.

Hope + Mistrust.

Kind of like when Loki helps Thor in the 2nd movie.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

After all of this shit and the Legion's return AGAIN, All dem hater elves should finally realize that Illidan always was and is probably their best weapon against it. They should take a knee as he walks by and slap Malfurion and Tyrande for ever doubting him. ;p

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yattz View Post
    After all of this shit and the Legion's return AGAIN, All dem hater elves should finally realize that Illidan always was and is probably their best weapon against it. They should take a knee as he walks by and slap Malfurion and Tyrande for ever doubting him. ;p
    nah the damn stick is still stuck between their ass cheeks and it's not going away anytime soon

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vilememory View Post
    Here is how it will play out, Illidan shows up. Does super awesome kill steal, states that line of epicness. Then Malfurion, Tyrande and Maev show up.

Malfurion: Illidan you are the evil and need to be locked up! Shut up Tyrande! I have no brother! Druid powers will save the world! Cenarius I'm coming! Oh fuck I got captured by the dead Xavius! Again! Send the last of the former Dragon Aspects to save me, gotta get them killed.
    Tyrande: I love you so much. Elune grant me strength! Elune!
    Maev: Going to lock you up again! In my dungeon... which is over run with demons... BECAUSE I AM SO ONE DIMENSIONAL! ARG! Kill magic users! Everybody forgives me! KILL!
    Illidan: For fucks sake...
    everybody else
    - where is my fucking loot

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Saafe View Post
    Didn't Illidan have like this huge source of power for the elves but he never ended up giving it to them? I remember something along the lines of that during the green fire questline
    isn't that Tempest Keep
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    I just love the idea of "I want to murder people in moderation".
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    the only "positive" in your case is that, unlike Blizzard's writers, you aren't paid for that.

Quote Originally Posted by steelballfc View Post
    isn't that Tempest Keep
    No, in the novel they say, the soulforge in black temple is the source which illidan was planing to give to the high elves, but after kael'thas go mia, he decided to better keep it for himself.

Back at topic, many people will work with him to defeat the legion but many of them would threaten him if he start to do shady things or going too nuts, also we have others 4 leaders in the new battlefield of 7.2 which are Thalyssra, Odyn, Farondis and Cenarius(or Malfurion) and those 4 hates the fel magic, so probably he will be watched a for every action