Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by xqt View Post
    sure because they rather be Slaves to the Banks than actually wanting to see something change. Afd is shit... so is pretty much everyone else
    Slave of the banks.. as like goldman sachs getting into ministries in the trump goverment?

You cant fight neo liberalism with right wing populism. That is as if you would want to fight cancer with aids.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by rym View Post
    I dont call russians nazis.
    Them, not the.
    I wrote that the AFD publically supports neo nazis.
    They do? - Link please.
    As like the identitary movement.
    This is bad?
    And that Putin has a lot of influence on the AFD.
    So? - They and their voters don't care.

People in germany lose interest in right wing populism currently. They only get 15% on national polls.
    The party is what 4 years old? - And 'only' 15%?
    Just out of curiosity, AfD+CDU or CDU+SPD?

- - - Updated - - -

Slave of the banks.. as like goldman sachs getting into ministries in the trump goverment?

You cant fight neo liberalism with right wing populism. That is as if you would want to fight cancer with aids.
    The core tenets of neo-liberlism rejects the Nation state.
    The core tenets of left wing thought, rejects the Nation state.
    Where is a Nationalist to turn?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GoblinP View Post
    Them, not the.

They do? - Link please.
    Read all about the AFD and the identitary movement. Last are neo nazis.

This is bad?
    Yeah, as i hoped we germans learned from the last time nationalists took power in germany.

So? - They and their voters don't care.
    Thats the problem. They never will get any kind of high percentage if they support nazis.

The party is what 4 years old? - And 'only' 15%?
    Trump managed to get the alt right movement from 0 to 49% im america.

Just out of curiosity, AfD+CDU or CDU+SPD?
    First is out of scope, second is no good solution. SPD or CDU should be the question.

The core tenets of neo-liberlism rejects the Nation state.
    Not at all. neo liberlism in nowadays definition includes every kind of bad econonomical politics raising the social inequality.

No matter if we talk about mercantilism or globalization.

Where is a Nationalist to turn?
    In trying to get a temporary advantage from isolation. While it will hit the normal worker even harder in a long term.

Nationalism will not free the workers. It will enslave them.

Which ends in being neo liberalism.

Quote Originally Posted by Medium9 View Post
    We do. You say you take them seriously, but really you don't. You take the threat they pose seriously, but you completely disregard the people behind it, hence marginalizing them. All you see is something to fight and get rid of. I see people that, as mistaken as they might be, feel left out. And that's highly frustrating, and therefore dangerous.
    Decent post, not much to say about it, except... I absolutely disregard the people behind the threat. I don't care about them as human beings as much as they don't care about everything that's not "the pure race". AfD, like any other democratic body, chose to let the nazis in. It's not like they forced their way in. The AfD accepted them, they made their nazi ideology their own by accepting them and their hate into the party.

So no, you won't get me to sign them a free pass on being nazis because we, the moderate centre, happened to somehow force nazis into the right-wing. Sheesh, guess what, that's where nazis reside. Open up a right-wing party and nazis flock to it. This isn't rocket science, this isn't some "don't be so mean to them" feel good shit. This is nazis being nazis. Simple as that.

I won't tolerate their ideology just to give them space or to have them feel understood. They are not understood. They are not tolerated. They are the cancer of our population, quite literally. 0 tolerance for their kind. I won't pick them up and guide them by the hand to the moderate centre-right. If they can't find their own way there, they don't want to be there. It's literally the least effort possible to reach the political centre. You'd have to be one hell of a pissed off dude to reach the far extreme left or right of the political centre.
    Last edited by Slant; 2016-12-13 at 06:17 PM.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!
    PSA: Being a volunteer is no excuse to make a shite job of it.

Deleted
    Excuse me, but when I leave the house to walk downtown (~10min walk), it being quite an exception to catch actual German fragments from other people talking on the streets is hardly an issue with my perception. Especially when my very liberal sister (which lives above me) tells the same thing.
    And since I live my whole (34 year long) life in this damn city, even around the same spot, I can very well tell that there is an actual, factual change in progress. Very clearly so.
    And it's not one towards mixed cultures and enrichment. More like bi-weekly vandalization of the bus stops across the street (and since I have my windows on that side, I know for a fact that these aren't ever done by Germans), harassed girls and intimidated boys.

Just this weekend we had a car crash happen at the crossroads here, pretty much directly in front of my windows. A car honored the stop-sign, coming onto the priority turn, and another car smashed right into its rear quite violently. First driver was a middle-age German man, the second cursed in some arabic or turk language. Second guy get's out the car, and his first reaction was to violently kick and hit first his, then the other guy's car, whilst screaming something.
    It didn't took 10 minutes until the cars' surroundings were flooded with friends of the second guy. There were easily 10+ people, I have no idea where they all came from all of a sudden. End of the story was that they threatened the other guy, who had no one else there, so that he wouldn't involve the police - knowing full well that if you're the one rear-ending someone, you're at the very least partially liable no matter what here. He was glad that some neighbour who also must have seen what went down called the cops early on, or else he would have been MAJORLY fucked. I've never seen a German pull of anything like this shit. Yes we have our own assholes and impulsive idiots, but even they usually come around to honoring the law and basic rules about how things are done. (And they usually stand up for themselves, and don't cowardly rely on masses of friends to help the intimidation and bullying.)

Sure, that's anecdotal as it gets. But when a multitude of directly affected people tell similar anecdotes, it would be outright maliciously intentional to deny that there evidently is a more general pattern underlaying it all.
    This is exactly the type of behavior i see in Sweden and im so sick of it. Passive aggressiveness and group behavior. Show no respect or mannerism. All the calmness is gone in our beautiful european countries.

Quote Originally Posted by Slant View Post
    Decent post, not much to say about it, except... I absolutely disregard the people behind the threat. I don't care about them as human beings as much as they don't care about everything that's not "the pure race". AfD, like any other democratic body, chose to let the nazis in. It's not like they forced their way in. The AfD accepted them, they made their nazi ideology their own by accepting them and their hate into the party.

So no, you won't get me to sign them a free pass on being nazis because we, the moderate centre, happened to somehow force nazis into the right-wing. Sheesh, guess what, that's where nazis reside. Open up a right-wing party and nazis flock to it. This isn't rocket science, this isn't some "don't be so mean to them" feel good shit. This is nazis being nazis. Simple as that.

I won't tolerate their ideology just to give them space or to have them feel understood. They are not understood. They are not tolerated. They are the cancer of our population, quite literally. 0 tolerance for their kind. I won't pick them up and guide them by the hand to the moderate centre-right. If they can't find their own way there, they don't want to be there. It's literally the least effort possible to reach the political centre. You'd have to be one hell of a pissed off dude to reach the far extreme left or right of the political centre.
    You sure are our meat and mead. Live well and thrive for we will make no excuses for the horrors when its our turn again.

You don't, I agree. But you also don't approach such a person with swear words, insults and condescendance, because all you will elicit by that is resistance on all accounts and get no where near to the solution you seek. That is the fallacy I see here.
    That one I can agree with, but I can also understand that after being constantly verbally abused with baseless accusations and a flood of swear words people get fed up and let slip some insults of their own. I do not approve of such behaviour, but humans have emotions and make mistakes.

Given that AFD's positions reads like the CDU 20 years ago, i'm sensing a shift here.
    That's the thing, those whole 'liberal world order' thing that's been going on for the last 25 years have warped current political fault lines and the shift is coming.
    It's the return of the nationstate over the multiculti state.
    This is factually not true. No idea where you got this idea from.
    Users with <20 posts and ignored shitposters are automatically invisible. Find out how to do that here and help clean up MMO-OT!

We're at the point where people are "Nazis" if they don't want to invite people into their country who are actively opposed to German culture and western ideals. Authoritarianism is active, as they say, but it's from the left.

Lol @ all people who don't understand the German language, yet still think they can comment on it.

There are words that are historisch platziert. They are not just words, they have specific connotations. So yes, using a word like Umvolkung earnestly makes you a Nazi.

Maybe if your own languages were a bit more complex you would understand.

Also lol @ everybody who thinks the German government is in any way or shape left wing.

Some people in Germany are tired of being ashamed for being German. They want a culture. They don't want hostile foreigners who kick women down stairs. They want a German nation, as these invaders have their own. Therefore, Nazis.

Yeah, it's as stupid as it sounds.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Elba View Post
    Lol @ all people who don't understand the German language, yet still think they can comment on it.

There are words that are historisch platziert. They are not just words, they have specific connotations. So yes, using a word like Umvolkung earnestly makes you a Nazi.

Maybe if your own languages were a bit more complex you would understand.

Also lol @ everybody who thinks the German government is in any way or shape left wing.
    "Historisch platziert" is a very uncommon choice of words for a native speaker.

Anyways Umvolkung was also used by CDU members who haven't been kicked out of the party or anything like that. So either it is a nazi party that introduced a very un-nazi immigration policy or you are wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No, stuff like that make you a nationalist.
    All of the bigotry, none of the economics.
    Only people brainwashed to hate their culture would say something like that.

Deleted
    Read all about the AFD and the identitary movement. Last are neo nazis.
    Ah, Yeah, you are warped.
    Being a nationalist is not being a nazi.
    Thats the problem. They never will get any kind of high percentage if they support nazis.
    A, You haven't established they do, And B, The German establishment has called every right wing movement since WW2 as 'The next comming' - The credibility has gone away.
    Hopefully the people they vote for will just those imaginary Nazis, and not the actual, but you know, We will see.
    First is out of scope, second is no good solution. SPD or CDU should be the question.
    Yeah, the center trying to push out the edges usually doesn't work that well - And I really dont think either of them will be able to do it by themselves ever again.
    Not at all. neo liberlism in nowadays definition includes every kind of bad econonomical politics raising the social inequality.

No matter if we talk about mercantilism or globalization.
    Yeah, You don't know what neoliberalism means do you.
    In trying to get a temporary advantage from isolation. While it will hit the normal worker even harder in a long term.

Nationalism will not free the workers. It will enslave them.

Which ends in being neo liberalism.
    What do you think nationalism means?

- - - Updated - - -

This is factually not true. No idea where you got this idea from.
    You are disputing that CDU has moved to the left in the last two decades?

- - - Updated - - -

Decent post, not much to say about it, except... I absolutely disregard the people behind the threat. I don't care about them as human beings as much as they don't care about everything that's not "the pure race".
    Yeah, sadly they get to vote just like you.
    Also, they aren't Nazis - Unless you think that 10-15% of germans are Nazis.
    Which is paranoid as fuck.

AfD, like any other democratic body, chose to let the nazis in. It's not like they forced their way in. The AfD accepted them, they made their nazi ideology their own by accepting them and their hate into the party.
    German society has called every single right wing movement the last 60 years as the next coming of Hitler - My guess is they simply stopped giving a shit, if you are going to be called a Nazi any way, why bother? If they had excluded those people, you would have been screaming about some other people and on and on until the membership roll is 0.
    So no, you won't get me to sign them a free pass on being nazis because we, the moderate centre, happened to somehow force nazis into the right-wing.
    No, Slant, you should stop calling the moderate right wing Nazis, that's what you should stop doing.

Sheesh, guess what, that's where nazis reside. Open up a right-wing party and nazis flock to it. This isn't rocket science, this isn't some "don't be so mean to them" feel good shit. This is nazis being nazis. Simple as that.
    Just out of curiosity how large reach does the 'nazis' have in Germany you think?
    10%? - 5%? - 1/2 %?

It's literally the least effort possible to reach the political centre.
    Slant, they dont want to be in the Centre - They want be in the very, Very large span between centre, and far right.
    Everything to the right of CDU isn't Nazis you know.
    You do know that right?

You are disputing that CDU has moved to the left in the last two decades?

- - - Updated - - -

German society has called every single right wing movement the last 60 years as the next coming of Hitler - My guess is they simply stopped giving a shit, if you are going to be called a Nazi any way, why bother? If they had excluded those people, you would have been screaming about some other people and on and on until the membership roll is 0.

No, Slant, you should stop calling the moderate right wing Nazis, that's what you should stop doing.

Just out of curiosity how large reach does the 'nazis' have in Germany you think?
    10%? - 5%? - 1/2 %?

Slant, they dont want to be in the Centre - They want be in the very, Very large span between centre, and far right.
    Everything to the right of CDU isn't Nazis you know.
    You do know that right?
    Your perception doesn't seem to coincide with mine. The CDU hasn't moved left, it's where it always was. Slightly right of the centre. What has shifted is society, towards the left. Relational that can be interpreted as "The CDU has moved to the left", but it's absolutely untrue (absolutely meaning in an absolute sense, not relative).

The AfD has stopped being moderate right wing when they invited nazis into their midst. They went from an anti-European party, which I didn't agree with, to a Xenophobic party that I will actively oppose at every corner. I do not call people nazi lightly, but these guys definitely are. Only shit's browner than they are, don't kid yourself. Pegida and AfD are closely linked. And both are frequented by the same individual nazis and their groupings.

If they don't want to be called nazis, the solution is easy. Reverse the nazification process. Kick out the nazis and return to the prior stance. Naturally, they'll lose in popularity, or should I say perceived popularity? Because as it stands, they are still a fringe group that has no chance at winning anything but a few meaningless seats in opposition.

I wonder who's condescending now, GoblinP, is it me or you? I know that not everything right of the CDU is auto-nazi. But I have yet to see a truly moderate "right of the CDU" that doesn't slide into Xenophobia and racism. Republicans? NPD? NVU? Now it's AfD... want me to tell you some more failed experiments with "right of the CDU"?

Deleted
    the collective guilt from germany's ww2 era is the cause of the current muslim invasion of europe.

Not speaking up now would be the worst thing that could happen.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Incredibale View Post
    Some people in Germany are tired of being ashamed for being German. They want a culture.
    Yeah, by reviving Nazi terminology. That's no culture, that's BS. Also: Germany has a very healthy culture, that old myth that everything is designed around Nazis is just regurgitated hogwash from the far right in order to appear as victims. Of course, non-Germans wouldn't know about that. So no reproach from me!

They don't want hostile foreigners who kick women down stairs. They want a German nation, as these invaders have their own.
    Berlin-Neukölln has been a district traditionally inhabited by immigrants, sometimes by 3rd generation immigrants. His accomplice is coming from Eastern Europe. Are Eastern Europeans now invaders too? I know they were called as such in the 90s. But xenophobes usually get with the times: Every decade a different kind of invader. Can't wait for the French becoming invaders again!

Statistically, in Germany at least, young in a certain age range (18-30 years) are more present in crime statistics than other age ranges. A lot of the risk of ending up as criminal depends on your milieu, your upbringing, your education and your job situation. There's a lot jobless and low-educated people in those problem districts. That's not even limited to Berlin, in East Germany, where there's fairly low amount of criminals the situation is no different in some cities. A lot foreign suspects are coming from Eastern Europe especially in the border areas. The only major difference is the types of crimes committed. But that's something that's not even considered because it's rooted in facts. We are living in the age of post-factualism, so there's that.
    WoW: Crowcloak (Druid) & Neesheya (Paladin) @ Sylvanas EU (/ˈkaZHo͞oəl/) | GW2: Siqqa (Asura Engineer) @ Piken Square EU
    If builders built houses the way programmers built programs,the first woodpecker to come along would destroy civilization. - Weinberg's 2nd law

He seeks them here, he seeks them there, he seeks those lupins everywhere!

Deleted
    Your perception doesn't seem to coincide with mine. The CDU hasn't moved left, it's where it always was.
    You really think that?
    What has shifted is society, towards the left.
    Clearly not all of society.
    If they don't want to be called nazis, the solution is easy. Reverse the nazification process. Kick out the nazis and return to the prior stance.
    What do you think is 'nazi'? - Did they turn nazi when they stopped focusing on the Euro crisis and started focusing on the Immigrant crisis?
    I wonder who's condescending now, GoblinP, is it me or you? I know that not everything right of the CDU is auto-nazi. But I have yet to see a truly moderate "right of the CDU" that doesn't slide into Xenophobia and racism. Republicans? NPD? NVU? Now it's AfD... want me to tell you some more failed experiments with "right of the CDU"?
    You do know that is because as soon as something starts, the establishment screams 'NAZI! NAZI! HITLER, HOLOCAUST.
    Some members of the later AfD sought election in Lower Saxony as the Electoral Alternative 2013 in alliance with the Free Voters, an association participating in local elections without specific federal or foreign policies, and received 1% of the vote.[25][26] In February 2013 the group decided to found a new party to compete in the 2013 federal elections. The Free Voters leadership declined to join forces, according to a leaked email from Bernd Lucke.[27] Advocating the abolition of the Euro, Alternative for Germany (AfD) took a more radical stance than the Free Voters.[28] Likewise, the Pirate Party of Germany opposed any coalition with the AfD at their 2013 spring convention
    Because they were Nazis you know.
    They call anything on the right, Nazis and racists, this isn't a novel or unique strategy.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenblade View Post
    Yeah, by reviving Nazi terminology. That's no culture, that's BS. Also: Germany has a very healthy culture, that old myth that everything is designed around Nazis is just regurgitated hogwash from the far right in order to appear as victims. Of course, non-Germans wouldn't know about that. So no reproach from me!
    Volkish - It's not a bad word.

You really think that?

Clearly not all of society.

What do you think is 'nazi'? - Did they turn nazi when they stopped focusing on the Euro crisis and started focusing on the Immigrant crisis?

You do know that is because as soon as something starts, the establishment screams 'NAZI! NAZI! HITLER, HOLOCAUST.

Because they were Nazis you know.
    They call anything on the right, Nazis and racists, this isn't a novel or unique strategy.

- - - Updated - - -

Volkish - It's not a bad word.
    When I said society has shifted, I meant to the right, of course. Otherwise that sentence doesn't make sense.

And völkisch is a bad word. It's bad because of its historic context, and it's bad because it's a bad descriptive term. What is völkisch? Literally translated, it means populistic. But we already have that word in German, populistisch. What this does is imply a close tie between whoever is völkisch and the population. Closer than the opposing parties anyway. And tell me, when did you see a politician in other countries make a 180° as gracefully as Merkel just did with the refugee crisis? She listened to the people more than the AfD does, who try to shape opinion rather than follow the population's mindset as political parties are supposed to.

But... I want to believe...