Page 54 of 57 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Ramahan View Post
    Dang! Did you check your intelligence when you logged on a computer.

The source of the "e-mails" that were given to Wikileaks was not the person whose name was at the bottom of the e-mails. The actual source was an anonymous hacker which were then posted by a suspected rapist who is hiding in the Ecuadorian embassy in London. (PS Ecuador is basically a Russian puppet state)
    You are conflating two things in a bizarre manner. That is my point. I said until someone is on the record, saying specifically what the "journalists" at The Post are claiming, I'm not jumping to conclusions. Anonymous sources is in no way the same thing as being anonymously hacked. The DAMAGE to the Clinton campaign was caused the CONTENT of the emails, not the mere fact they got hacked. Nobody is refuting what was said in the emails, therefore they are true.

The "source" of the emails is the writer of the emails. You are using a specific term, in a general way. In journalism, "source" means person who told me this shit.
    Last edited by Tijuana; 2016-12-16 at 03:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zolaris192 View Post
    There was no argument to begin with
    Not an argument.
    Banned from Twitter by Elon, so now I'm your problem.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brexitexit View Post
    I am the total opposite of a cuck.

Quote Originally Posted by Zython View Post
    Not an argument.

Not an argument +1

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Yeah. It's ''liburals'' that are trying to organize agiprop campaigns against Rogue One because ''duh pure and aryun Empire is defeated by female, black, hispanic and chinese actors' (and not teddy bears puppets)
    It's "liburals" who are being delusional about real life, fabricating fake news of hate crimes to blame real people just because they hate Trump so much that their extreme hatred suppresses the last traces of reason and morality. Did you even read that link, or did you find it too uncomfortable? Because it describes people like you spot-on:

* Conversion: The expression of an intrapsychic conflict as a physical symptom; some examples include blindness, deafness, paralysis, or numbness. This phenomenon is sometimes called hysteria.

* Delusional projection: Delusions about external reality, usually of a persecutory nature.

* Denial: Refusal to accept external reality because it is too threatening; arguing against an anxiety-provoking stimulus by stating it doesn't exist; resolution of emotional conflict and reduction of anxiety by refusing to perceive or consciously acknowledge the more unpleasant aspects of external reality.

* Distortion: A gross reshaping of external reality to meet internal needs.

* Extreme projection: The blatant denial of a moral or psychological deficiency, which is perceived as a deficiency in another individual or group.

* Splitting: A primitive defence. Both harmful and helpful impulses are split off and unintegrated, frequently projected onto someone else. The defended individual segregates experiences into all-good and all-bad categories, with no room for ambiguity and ambivalence. When "splitting" is combined with "projecting", the undesirable qualities that one unconsciously perceives oneself as possessing, one consciously attributes to another.

Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    It's "liburals" who are being delusional about real life, fabricating fake news of hate crimes to blame real people just because they hate Trump so much that their extreme hatred suppresses the last traces of reason and morality. Did you even read that link, or did you find it too uncomfortable? Because it describes people like you spot-on:

* Conversion: The expression of an intrapsychic conflict as a physical symptom; some examples include blindness, deafness, paralysis, or numbness. This phenomenon is sometimes called hysteria.

* Delusional projection: Delusions about external reality, usually of a persecutory nature.

* Denial: Refusal to accept external reality because it is too threatening; arguing against an anxiety-provoking stimulus by stating it doesn't exist; resolution of emotional conflict and reduction of anxiety by refusing to perceive or consciously acknowledge the more unpleasant aspects of external reality.

* Distortion: A gross reshaping of external reality to meet internal needs.

* Extreme projection: The blatant denial of a moral or psychological deficiency, which is perceived as a deficiency in another individual or group.

* Splitting: A primitive defence. Both harmful and helpful impulses are split off and unintegrated, frequently projected onto someone else. The defended individual segregates experiences into all-good and all-bad categories, with no room for ambiguity and ambivalence. When "splitting" is combined with "projecting", the undesirable qualities that one unconsciously perceives oneself as possessing, one consciously attributes to another.
    Put down the text modifiers, and slowly back away. =p

10+ Year Old Account
    Shocking that the New York Post, itself a tabloid newspaper, would be defending fake news.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    Shocking that the New York Post, itself a tabloid newspaper, would be defending fake news.
    Shots fired...lol.

I think all journalism is dead, and all sources are now biased (in the US).

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Shots fired...lol.

I think all journalism is dead, and all sources are now biased (in the US).
    I think some sources are more biased than others, and I think some sources are more rigorous in their search for actual factual basis for their stories than others. I'm much more likely to believe a story from the Washington Post than the New York Post or some schmo on Reddit or Facebook. For good reason.

This image has been floating around lately and is fairly good, though MSNBC probably deserves to be closer to the mirror image of Fox:

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I think some sources are more biased than others, and I think some sources are more rigorous in their search for actual factual basis for their stories than others. I'm much more likely to believe a story from the Washington Post than the New York Post or some schmo on Reddit or Facebook. For good reason.

This image has been floating around lately and is fairly good, though MSNBC probably deserves to be closer to the mirror image of Fox:

I've been seeing that a lot recently as well - however, with journalism dying one shitty article at a time - we're only going to end up "trusting" sources that we "believe" are true.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cubby View Post
    I've been seeing that a lot recently as well - however, with journalism dying one shitty article at a time - we're only going to end up "trusting" sources that we "believe" are true.
    It's pretty important that we find objective arbiters of facts. If we can't agree on basic facts, we can't find a way forward.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's pretty important that we find objective arbiters of facts. If we can't agree on basic facts, we can't find a way forward.
    That would involve people actually not outright denying facts.

There's an article out there asking people how they felt about Fact-Checking sites like Snopes, Politifact, and FactCheck and the amount of people who claimed that all three were Fake News sites meant to harm Conservatives was astounding.

ROFL! The New York Fucking Times centrist? HAHAAHAHAHAHAHAAHAH OMFG WTF????

This is the most biased way anyone could ever present this info. The Times and NPR are centrist? Ok, buddy, if you say so.

I mean, I wouldn't even put the The Wall Street Journal in the center, and I'm a Conservative.

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    I could not agree more. However:

Quote Originally Posted by Captain N View Post
    That would involve people actually not outright denying facts.

There's an article out there asking people how they felt about Fact-Checking sites like Snopes, Politifact, and FactCheck and the amount of people who claimed that all three were Fake News sites meant to harm Conservatives was astounding.
    It almost feels like the U.S. had a turning point in this election. We had a choice of moving forward and continuing our good work, or going back to a darker point in our history where hate, fear, and lies rule. And we made the wrong choice.

- - - Updated - - -

This is the most biased way anyone could ever present this info. The Times and NPR are centrist? Ok, buddy, if you say so.

I mean, I wouldn't even put the The Wall Street Journal in the center, and I'm a Conservative.
    And people like this are exactly my point. They aren't even the worst - just the tip of the iceberg.

15+ Year Old Account

Uh yeah, you are confusing their OPINION SECTION with their NEWS SECTION. WSJ and NYTimes are great sources for NEWS and mainstream political OPINION on both liberal and conservative. Once people stop confusing OPINION SECTIONS for NEWS SECTIONS people will stop complaining of BIAS.
    Quote Originally Posted by zenkai View Post
    There is a problem, but I know just banning guns will fix the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    NPR is one of the least biased of available American sources by both domestic and international metrics, the same holding true for public media in general such as the BBC.

CNN has drifted slightly left of that chart after their performance and being caught red handed this year, sad really.

Always remember, no matter what source you're getting your news from...

Pay as much attention to what they're not saying in addition to what they actually report.

Remember Coulter's law, remember that News loves to promote race wars by pushing stories of black on white/white-on black crime but will almost never report black on black/white on white, remember when a story breaks about a medicine that kills people they probably wont report it if that drug company is advertising on that network, remember that all these news companies report to a parent company, remember always is that their job is to placate you...to satisfy you so you aren't marching in the streets. Every story and report is meticulously timed and engineered for a specific purpose. There is always an agenda and you usually aren't part of it.

Remember that for 6 months the major networks reported that Clinton had a 98% chance of winning. They lied to you, they played you...

Because they knew they could get away with it. Because they don't respect you. Because you are the product.

If you want to take back control of your life then step away from MSM. Look around you, think about things, be skeptical and cynical even if makes you uncomfortable, even if it makes you sick. Don't let a talking head on the TV make up your mind for you. Take news from both sides and form your own opinion, don't let someone do for you what you should be doing for yourself.

If you want someone to blame for fake news and the rise of President Trump blame yourself.

Blame yourself or god.

10+ Year Old Account

If you're arguing those two are way to the left, what you're really describing is that your own personal bias is solidly in the "hyper-partisan conservative" bloc above, and you falsely see that as the middle. From that, everything moderate looks "wildly left", but that's a statement of YOUR bias, not THEIRS.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post
    CNN has drifted slightly left of that chart after their performance and being caught red handed this year, sad really.

Pay as much attention to what they're not saying in addition to what they actually report.

Remember Coulter's law, remember that News loves to promote race wars by pushing stories of black on white/white-on black crime but will almost never report black on black/white on white, remember when a story breaks about a medicine that kills people they probably wont report it if that drug company is advertising on that network, remember that all these news companies report to a parent company, remember always is that their job is to placate you...to satisfy you so you aren't marching in the streets. Every story and report is meticulously timed and engineered for a specific purpose. There is always an agenda and you usually aren't part of it.

Remember that for 6 months the major networks reported that Clinton had a 98% chance of winning. They lied to you, they played you...

Because they knew they could get away with it. Because they don't respect you. Because you are the product.

If you want to take back control of your life then step away from MSM. Look around you, think about things, be skeptical and cynical even if makes you uncomfortable, even if it makes you sick. Don't let a talking head on the TV make up your mind for you. Take news from both sides and form your own opinion, don't let someone do for you what you should be doing for yourself.

If you want someone to blame for fake news and the rise of President Trump blame yourself.

Blame yourself or god.
    Just don't blame you, right?

Quote Originally Posted by Gaexion Ramza Beoulve View Post

Blame yourself or god.
    They didn't lie, they were predicting. There is no real way to predict/poll the EC, they can only predict popular vote.

If only you guys understood what being skeptical actually meant you would have been skeptical of the orange salesman running for POTUS, and you would have been skeptical of getting your news from the guy running the orange salesman's campaign/facebook/email chains/conspiracy theorists at infowars.
    "When Facism comes to America, it will be wrapped in a flag and carrying a cross." - Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    NPR is biased because they fact check