Deleted

Portable Gaming Notebook?

Hey there,

since playing WoW on my 12" Core M-MacBook with Intel HD 515 isn't exactly awesome, I'm looking for something that packs a bit more punch while still being as portable as possible. I'm traveling a lot and don't want to carry a five-pound-prick with me all the time.

Do you have any suggestions? I really only play WoW, so no demanding games, but I want it to run smoothly on graphic settings which don't look like crap. The 2016 Razer Blade looks stunning and quite perfect for my usage, but seems pretty pricy at 2k Euros and maybe a bit much with that 1060 GPU? What about the 2015 version with the 970M GeForce? Would that be sufficient?

I'd say 13" - 15" would be okay, even though I have to say that smaller = better. Battery Life isn't that much of an issue, I nearly always have a power outlet nearby. I realize I'll have to lower my sight since you can't have "portable", "power" and "not overly expensive", but maybe you experts here could give me some tips where to look. Price range isn't set in stone, but honestly I don't want to spend a fortune on something that would be overkill.

Edit: Razer Blade Stealth (12,5") + Razer Core eGPU seems to be what I'm looking for, no?

Thank you a lot!
    Last edited by mmocfa3fe6ec47; 2016-12-12 at 07:53 PM.

Have a 14" 2014 Blade. For the love of god do not purchase one.

Look into Sager or Clevo, more for the money too.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

I second the asus rog line but asus does have some laptops that arent "gaming laptops" but they sure have the specs of one. Check Newegg GL OP

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    Have a 14" 2014 Blade. For the love of god do not purchase one.

Look into Sager or Clevo, more for the money too.
    Remember, he doesn't want a five pound brick.

Clevo makes great laptops (they make Sager's lineup for them), but none of them that are good gaming machines are what i'd call "svelte".

No matter what experience some have had in this thread, razer blade is a great option....but expensive. In fact what you are looking for is expensive by nature, expect spending close to 2 grand. I am not sure if the xps 13 offers a 1060 version yet, but that would be my recommendation.

Currently i think this is probably the best value for a sub 4 pound laptop with a 1060:
    https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GS43VR-Ph...VR+Phantom+Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Kagthul View Post
    Remember, he doesn't want a five pound brick.

Clevo makes great laptops (they make Sager's lineup for them), but none of them that are good gaming machines are what i'd call "svelte".
    There is a trade-off. You can have a slimline gaming laptop like a Blade, but expect thermal throttling, shut offs and an incredibly hot keyboard, or you go thicker and get some form of a cooling system - and a reasonably priced laptop and you don't have to inevitably deal with Razer customer support.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

Best option would be to look at MSI laptops, there are a lot of different ones with different specs and price ranges(1080p/1440p/4k screens, 1050/1060/1070/1080/SLI GPU options, etc.). Just have to find the right one for you at the right price point.

Also something to note, 1000 series Nvidia GPUs are essentially the same as desktop variants, while 900 series GPUs are severely gimped versions of their desktop counterparts still. So at this point, do not even think about 900 series GPU laptops.
    Last edited by Tehterokkar; 2016-12-16 at 12:02 PM.