Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Terran View Post
    Some would call that level of nostalgia the good ol' days. I haven't had any issues with this myself, but I have a few guildies who have had similar issues, neither have what could be called a 'pizza box' or 'toaster' for a PC, but they do have lower end connections.
    What's weird is I never had any problems with Dalaran back in the WotLK days, and I had a much lower-end computer than I do now.
    How joyous to be in such a place! Where phishing is not only allowed, it is encouraged!

Quote Originally Posted by Alfakennyone View Post
    Thing is, it started happening around the release of 7.1. No problems whatsoever with Windows 10 and WoW before then.
    I'm running 2 systems with Win10 and zero issues. So I doubt it's a Win10 only issue. It will be interesting to see what combination of hardware\software\mods has the issue and the final fix

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    There are a lot of things in this world I don't have to do or experience to know they're crap. Legion is one of them.
    If I gave you a shovel, would you kindly dig your head out of your ass?
    If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLifeIsRandom View Post
    If I gave you a shovel, would you kindly dig your head out of your ass?
    No, since I don't need to do that. Instead I'd slam you upside your thick skull with the shovel.

I doubt it'd knock any sense into you though.
    Last edited by Caolela; 2016-12-18 at 04:26 AM.

Howdy!

Our developers have pushed a hot fix that is aimed to significantly alleviate long load times. Anyone still seeing long load times, we would like you to use the following cvar command:

Step 1) Goto the World of Warcraft tab within the Battle.net Desktop app -> Options -> Show in Explorer -> World of Warcraft -> WTF -> Open the Config.wtf file with notepad add the line: SET worldPreloadNonCritical “0” Save the document.

It's important that you restart the computer before retesting.

Note: Please be aware this command may cause a delay in loading of non critical environment textures and models.

Step 2) While we're hoping to avoid this step, at all costs. Our developers feel pretty strongly that with the hotfix and this command this issue should be greatly improved. At this point if the troubleshooting so far including step 1 has no impact on your load times. We would ask you to do a fresh reinstall of the client by following the steps Here.

Thank you!

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...=151#post-3014

Actually worked for me, about 30-60 seconds to load into Dalaran, garrison and Shrine. Which were all problematic for me.

Granted, a lot of the environment takes awhile to load in but it's not a big deal
    Last edited by Alfakennyone; 2016-12-18 at 09:43 AM.

It's just awful and I don't know a fix... I've been kicked several times from M+ because of the stupid loading times. The screen loading takes up a lot of disk usage it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by lockybalboa View Post
    It's just awful and I don't know a fix... I've been kicked several times from M+ because of the stupid loading times. The screen loading takes up a lot of disk usage it seems.
    Well, if you would read the topic, you would see a fix

Well, if you would read the topic, you would see a fix
    Yeh problem solved now XD

Quote Originally Posted by Caolela View Post
    No, since I don't need to do that. Instead I'd slam you upside your thick skull with the shovel.

I doubt it'd knock any sense into you though.
    Oh my, scathing. Probably the closest thing to damage you've done since rolling your Warlock.
    If only I could be so grossly incandescent.

I had this problem since 7.1. Two days ago my sub was ending and it got suddenly fixed for me wiithout doing anything. No kidding. True story.

Legendary!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Heh, even had a 2 min loading screen in good old Outland.

Dalaran is like a minimum of 2 mins, now if I logged in my Order hall its going to be like 5. since its kindo of in Dal. The first time of the day is the worst though.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Is my SSD not good enough for WoW now? Never taken more than a few seconds to zone and now recently it's literally taking me 2+ minutes.

It's literally quicker to just force out of the game and then log back on from scratch.
    Customs check. They need to be sure your passport and visa are current.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Essentia@Cho'gall of Inebriated Raiding.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ssentia/simple
    http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/us/Tharkkun-1222

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by MyLifeIsRandom View Post
    Oh my, scathing. Probably the closest thing to damage you've done since rolling your Warlock.

Fortunately for you, you'll never have to find out.

10+ Year Old Account
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...=151#post-3014

Actually worked for me, about 30-60 seconds to load into Dalaran, garrison and Shrine. Which were all problematic for me.

Granted, a lot of the environment takes awhile to load in but it's not a big deal
    this one improved it alot for me. only drawback is small fps drops in dalaran while it loads

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Snackwiches View Post
    12++ year old tech strung together with fishing line and bubble gum
    Client side bug related to how they pre-load textures when zoning. Some video cards are experiencing the issues, others aren't. Could be drivers and/or specific video cards but Blizzard provided the WTF file change 4 posts above yours which resolves it for most people.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Tharkkun View Post
    Client side bug related to how they pre-load textures when zoning. Some video cards are experiencing the issues, others aren't. Could be drivers and/or specific video cards but Blizzard provided the WTF file change 4 posts above yours which resolves it for most people.
    Last time I checked Legion didn't support the 1000 series from Nvidia nor Radeon 400 series, not sure if Legion is nowadays though.

The solution did help with the load times, but it causes the game to cause parts of the world to "pop in" sometimes from a distance and sometimes when you are fairly close to an object, Something that we really shouldn't be seeing with a draw distance of a 9.

Its a band-aid fix, and not something on the users end.

Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post
    Last time I checked Legion didn't support the 1000 series from Nvidia nor Radeon 400 series, not sure if Legion is nowadays though.

The solution did help with the load times, but it causes the game to cause parts of the world to "pop in" sometimes from a distance and sometimes when you are fairly close to an object, Something that we really shouldn't be seeing with a draw distance of a 9.

Well yea, that 'fix' stops the loading of non critical items during the loading screen. So once the game is actually loaded, it'll continue to load those instead of sitting at the load screens.

And since the holidays are here, won't be seeing any update on a real fix anytime soon..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by darklogrus View Post

That's latency then. People have had that problem for years. The leatrix latency fix solved it for most people. NPCS's and other objects pop in as the location data gets downloaded. Slow connections or latency spikes will delay that.

The fix above is obviously to resolve an issue/change to pre-loading of textures upon changing zones that was introduced in 7.1. I have a Nvidia 960 card and my wife has a 980. Her machine doesn't have the issue. Mine did until this config change.

Like Aflake said I'm sure the core developers for changes like this are on vacation or shorthanded. So we should not expect anything to happen until at least the 2nd week in Jan.
    Last edited by Tharkkun; 2016-12-20 at 09:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    To the people saying *Upgrade* No that's not why. My PC handles Wow supremely well almost excessive. Just certain people getting it. Hell it almost makes me not want to log on(Much as love Wow).
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi