Page 2 of 210 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Middle movie in a star wars trilogy has to have a verb this can't be the real title.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamdwelf View Post
    Middle movie in a star wars trilogy has to have a verb this can't be the real title.
    we're living in JJ's star wars now. i dont think the old rules apply.
    Hi

The title sucks.. Hoping it's some off shoot animated movie or something..

The Undying
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    The title is a bit meh to me.

I would not have drawn that conclusion about Rey from the title, but I was already drawing on that conclusion, just in hopes there was a reason for her to be a Mary Sue or whatever.

The "Forces" of destiny could be referring to all the characters, or other things. It doesn't necessarily have to mean The Force, although it certainly is awkward to use that word and not mean it that way, in a Star Wars IP.
    I agree. Lucas was a shitty screen writer but his titles were spot on. Even how each of the two trilogies names related to their respective number (except for Attack of the Clones - bleh)

I do like the double meanings. Destiny is an interesting word to use, Star Wars is probably one of the only properties that can get away with it. There's a Star Wars RPG called "Force and Destiny" as well.
    Last edited by Arrowstormen; 2016-12-14 at 12:07 AM.

I've always found the Star Wars movie titles cheesy. I just figured that was part of their charm.
    "Join S.H.I.E.L.D. Travel to exotic distant lands. Meet exciting unusual people... and kill them."
    -Hunter, Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSweetness View Post
    I've always found the Star Wars movie titles cheesy. I just figured that was part of their charm.
    The original trilogy films had solid titles. The prequels... not so much.

The Force Awakens was a solid title as well, though I'm not sure as to what Force Awakened in the film.

Forces of Destiny sounds like a Kung Fu Panda title.

10+ Year Old Account
    LOL at people who think this is the actual title.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by External View Post
    Snow
    Snoke*

Supreme Leader Snoke

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    My only hope is that they Kill off Rey as soon as possible. Worst fucking Character in the Movie Franchise. Including Jar Jar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by a77 View Post
    But what can Kylo do to give shivers down everyone's spine
    becoming a supreme bad ass mother fucking sith lord(or good jedi) by the 3rd movie

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valyrian the Moofia Boss View Post
    The original trilogy films had solid titles. The prequels... not so much.

The Force Awakens was a solid title as well, though I'm not sure as to what Force Awakened in the film.

Forces of Destiny sounds like a Kung Fu Panda title.
    Revenge of the Sith is a badass title.

10+ Year Old Account
    The characters in Star Wars should just literally start calling Rey Mary-Sue.

That's her new name now.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Herald of the Titans The Flavour Cat's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Try making the title less clickbait-y, please. Just like Blizzard when they file trademarks, it could just be bullshit. Don't act like this is official news or anything.
    Isn't it ironic how education is important, yet people forget all about it when they visit the internet?

Ah, people calling Rey a Mary Sue, thanks, my face do like resting in my palm from time to time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstormen View Post
    Ah, people calling Rey a Mary Sue, thanks, my face do like resting in my palm from time to time.
    She is literally the most definitive example of a Mary Sue in the history of cinema.

Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    She is literally the most definitive example of a Mary Sue in the history of cinema.
    Because she could fly the falcon? big woop

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantera View Post
    Because she could fly the falcon? big woop
    She:
    - Was capable of defeating a group of men several times her size with no effort whatsoever.
    - Could fly the Falcon better than Han Solo despite never having flown it or seemingly anything large ever before.
    - Could repair the falcon better than Han Solo, despite never having been in it before.
    - Can seemingly speak every alien and robot language.
    - Was an expert pistol marksman for some reason, despite never using a gun before.
    - Could read, alter, and even control other people's minds despite no Jedi training.
    - Could force grab shit from thirty feet away with no Jedi training. (It took Luke, the son of the most powerful force user ever, three years of honing his powers before he was just hardly able to grab his lightsaber from four feet away).
    - Could duel and win against someone trained with a lightsaber despite no training with a lightsaber ever in her life. (Most idiots write this off because he was wounded, but that didn't stop from easily defeating Finn who was actually a trained fighter AND had used the lightsaber previously).

And that's just the shit off the top of my head, I am sure there was more.

Literally every challenge that confronted her, she easily found her way out through the power of Mary Sue magic.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2016-12-18 at 03:04 PM.

If she really is a Kenobi or Skywalker then the force-stuff will make more sense. She was trained in using her staff as a weapon and a lightsaber is not really that different technically. As for some of the other points, I think it's a lot of exaggerating. I mean, being able to speak alien and robot languages? She has grown up on a planet with a lot of aliens and robots so naturally it makes sense that she picked up on it. Everything involving the force like jedi mind tricks and so on could make a lot of sense if she is a Kenobi or Skywalker because "she has it in her", as for the duel with Kylo Ren he was mortally wounded but you would also assume he's not a great duelist because there was nobody in the galaxy for him to fight (except for Luke who fled), so naturally it looks easy to slice up some dudes who have no idea what they're doing.

I'll give you the Falcon stuff, that's really the only Rey-related thing that I could see someone having a problem with.

I think it's pretty obvious she was trained and then had a powerful mind wipe put on her. As well as a suggestion to "always go home" to Jakku, so she wouldn't wander. That's all within the context of the movie, it just seems some people aren't willing to pay attention.

Also, this is a world where people just seem to understand each other, especially droids. Chewbacca is the glaring exception, where it takes a few years for Luke and Leia to seemingly understand Wookiee.