Page 6 of 210 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Darth Dracula View Post
    I keep facepalming when people are taking "The last Jedi" as it meaning literally 1 Jedi.

Jedi is Plural, like Sheep, Fish or Sith..

The last Jedi could easily mean the last group of them coming together.
    Read some of the previous comments.

I so wanted Rey to be related to obi-wan. Daughter, Granddaughter or whatever. Just don't be another skywalker!!!

I like this new title better.
    That said I'm also curious about what lucasfilm are working on that they filed for 2000 copyright bits of merch for Forces of Destiny.

The Unstoppable Force Super Kami Dende's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chantique View Post
    I so wanted Rey to be related to obi-wan. Daughter, Granddaughter or whatever. Just don't be another skywalker!!!
    Watch the "Rey is a Kenobi" video on Youtube. It made me hate EP. 7 a bit less.

Obi Wan was an old school Jedi I don't see him taking a wife and having kids.

I'm positive Rey was trained by Luke as a child and about 75% sure she's also his kid.

Deleted
    I think there will be some sort of dark/light side switch. Maybe Kylo goes light-side and Rey goes dark?

I'm hoping for something more than a PC-ed Ep. V. And now that I've had the idea I worry that's what we'll get.
    F2P: If you don't think it's worth my money, I don't think it's worth my time.

Deleted
    Luke dies and Rey is the Last Jedi (Ren will become full Sith)

- - - Updated - - -

I also think Rey is Kenobi. Also Obi was saying her name in flasback when Rey touched Lukes Lightsaber.

From the announcement: latest episode in the Skywalker saga.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    Luke dies and Rey is the Last Jedi (Ren will become full Sith)

- - - Updated - - -

I also think Rey is Kenobi. Also Obi was saying her name in flasback when Rey touched Lukes Lightsaber.
    The sith are dead.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

10+ Year Old Account
    So a gray Jedi story. A balance betwen dark and light.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Gray_Jedi

It probaly means that Jedi culture will die. Sith doesnt seem to exist any more (well unless snoke is one).
    Don't sweat the details!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    I keep facepalming when people are taking "The last Jedi" as it meaning literally 1 Jedi.

Jedi is Plural, like Sheep, Fish or Sith..

The last Jedi could easily mean the last group of them coming together.
    Omfg I agree to 100%

i figure it means they found the last jedi.. not that he will die or anything. (since we know they did find him right at the end of the previous movie...)
    Member: Dragon Flight Alpha Club, Member since 7/20/22

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Jedi the plural of Jedi?

Does it perhaps mean Rey and Luke are it? Or perhaps Luke dies and Rey finds another force user to train?
    "Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet.” - General James Mattis

10+ Year Old Account
    The title is clearly meant to be an obvious reference to Luke, this is reinforced by how the first film ended. I do also believe it will be a subtle reference to Rey as it's probably not out of the realm of possibility that Luke dies and its up to Rey (the last Jedi) to finish the work he started and defeat Kylo.

I wouldn't be surprised if the movie borrows heavily from Empire and will end on a down turn with the First Order and Kylo on the uptick.

"I don’t know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."
    --Bilbo Baggins
    Paarthurnax | Peijing

To those that think "Jedi" is plural in the title, why wouldn't they call it "The Last of the Jedi" instead, which would more imply plurality?

I don't care either way - just something that crossed my mind.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    She won in a 2v1 fight versus a guy who took a bowcaster to the stomach.

She is a Mary Sue m8.
    what I am really tired of is people using it as a bad thing. Instead of actually forming an opinion and formulating it it's just "well she is a Mary Sue" no by that we are then supposed to have ample arguments for why the movie is bad. I don't want to sound like an old fucker but sometimes I feel like some of these youngsters never listened in class

- - - Updated - - -

Hate? Like really? Come on

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nupomaniac View Post
    Instead of actually forming an opinion and formulating it it's just "well she is a Mary Sue"
    I have posted several walls of text about why she's a Mary Sue (in various threads). Every single time it is hand waved away, if not ignored entirely.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-01-25 at 02:08 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by I Push Buttons View Post
    I have posted several walls of text about why she's a Mary Sue (in various threads). Every single time it is hand waved away, if not ignored entirely.
    That's funny... I seem to remember arguing against that premise for a hundred pages in the Episode VII thread a while ago.

"The difference between stupidity
    and genius is that genius has its limits."

--Alexandre Dumas-fils

10+ Year Old Account
    Imma get nerdy

If thats the case then she would definitely be the granddaughter or niece of Kenobi. No way she could be his daughter. I know someone has the actually number somewhere but lets give a conservative estimate and say Obi-Wan was 17 at the time of The Phantom Menace. The would mean that he was 49 (and we know he was much older than that) but the time of A New Hope. Return of the Jedi ends 4 years later and the events of The Force Awakens are 30 something years after that.

My issue with that is during that is even if she is his niece or whatever, another Kenobi was ever mentioned. Now Kenobi did have him a side piece, so lets say they hooked up and he didn't know about some kid that she had because of his exile or whatever. Then that kid had Rey or whatever, I'm still thinking that a little bit weird.

I also have a grudge against Obi-Wan. I mean he is cool and all but he was also part of the machine (the Jedi Order) that helped push Anakin to the dark side and naively ushered in the rise of the Empire. And you can't say that Obi-Wan was just following orders as just another Jedi, Obi-Wan was pretty much the model Jedi. He lived and breathed the Jedi Order and everything it was about, so in my eyes he is just as responsible for the ensuing mess as the rest of the Jedi Council. Hell, Obi-Wan was on the negligent Council that handed the galaxy over to the Sith and birthed Vader. Its hard for me too enthusiastic about him.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Imma get nerdy

If thats the case then she would definitely be the granddaughter or niece of Kenobi. No way she could be his daughter. I know someone has the actually number somewhere but lets give a conservative estimate and say Obi-Wan was 17 at the time of The Phantom Menace. The would mean that he was 49 (and we know he was much older than that) but the time of A New Hope. Return of the Jedi ends 4 years later and the events of The Force Awakens are 30 something years after that.

My issue with that is during that is even if she is his niece or whatever, another Kenobi was ever mentioned. Now Kenobi did have him a side piece, so lets say they hooked up and he didn't know about some kid that she had because of his exile or whatever. Then that kid had Rey or whatever, I'm still thinking that a little bit weird.

I also have a grudge against Obi-Wan. I mean he is cool and all but he was also part of the machine (the Jedi Order) that helped push Anakin to the dark side and naively ushered in the rise of the Empire. And you can't say that Obi-Wan was just following orders as just another Jedi, Obi-Wan was pretty much the model Jedi. He lived and breathed the Jedi Order and everything it was about, so in my eyes he is just as responsible for the ensuing mess as the rest of the Jedi Council. Hell, Obi-Wan was on the negligent Council that handed the galaxy over to the Sith and birthed Vader. Its hard for me too enthusiastic about him.
    I think they are just going to go with the far more cliche and safe Luke's daughter.

Like you say, Kenobi was a model Jedi and they didn't have families. So not only would they need to whip a new character out of thin air for that to make sense (since Kenobi died 15 years before Rey was even born), it would completely go against the characterization of Kenobi.

But Luke was only 34 when Rey was born... And he wasn't like 'officially' a member the Jedi Order, so he wasn't trained to forgo a family, kids, love, etc. Plus the whole Luke's (previously Anakin's) lightsaber calling out to her and giving her a force vision.
    Last edited by I Push Buttons; 2017-01-25 at 07:42 AM.