Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Legion = Diablo? Am I the only one who thinks that?

Simply tired of grinding the same shit every single day - farming mythics for AP, the same WQs for AP. Haven't been in a raid, because the vast majority of the players are with boosted gear, lacking skills hard and can't do shit, even in a semi-hardcore guild like mine. Not to mention that you can get yourself geared to the teeth from mythics lmao even with better gear ... dafuq is going on with the game? Is the AP farm the main goal of this xpac? Cuz if it is - there are already ppl who capped their traits already and it's been only 3 months since the release? nice end game blizz, congratz, you just managed to fool me for the last time

The whole effort vs reward is a bit off in my opinion. I think the main reason is the time it takes to run dungeons, since you're running so many of them you most likely are going to burn out a lot faster. If dungeons took let's say an hour to clear and was more about control rather than AOE I think they would've felt fresh a lot longer.

Demons using starships. Legion = Starcraft confirmed.
    Pet battles. Legion = Pokemon confirmed.
    Selfie camera. Legion = twitter/snapchat confirmed.
    Garrison. Legion (uhhh... i mean WoD) = facebook confirmed.

Yeahhhh...
    No. Legion =/= Diablo.

Quote Originally Posted by fhm View Post
    Simply tired of grinding the same shit every single day - farming mythics for AP, the same WQs for AP.
    Oh, another 'i am forced to do x and y'. How original.
    Nobody is forcing you to grind/farm. Don't like it - don't do it. Simple as that.

Haven't been in a raid, because the vast majority of the players are with boosted gear, lacking skills hard and can't do shit, even in a semi-hardcore guild like mine.
    How do you know that majority of ppl 'are with boosted gear (whatever that means), lacking skills hard and can't do shit' if you did not raid?

Not to mention that you can get yourself geared to the teeth from mythics lmao even with better gear ...
    I don't like it too.

Is the AP farm the main goal of this xpac?
    For some ppl probably yes.
    For me? No.

Cuz if it is - there are already ppl who capped their traits already and it's been only 3 months since the release?
    There is guy who did like several hundreds (or even thousands?) of M+ and is capped. Thats true.
    99,9% of players probably won't be capped before new traits tho.

nice end game blizz, congratz, you just managed to fool me for the last time
    I've said this thing to myself a few times...

Deleted
    All this little crying babies...

Havn't clean the easiest raid of all time, but going into to forum and start to spread their stupid opinions

Smells like shitty troll, but why not

Simply tired of grinding the same shit every single day - farming mythics for AP, the same WQs for AP. Haven't been in a raid, because the vast majority of the players are with boosted gear, lacking skills hard and can't do shit, even in a semi-hardcore guild like mine. Not to mention that you can get yourself geared to the teeth from mythics lmao even with better gear ... dafuq is going on with the game?
    Sounds to me you're one of those players "lacking skills and can't do shit" :P

Legion raids are not that easy, even with boosted gear, especially considering we've only seen half of the first tier yet.

Is the AP farm the main goal of this xpac?
    Nope. The goal of this xpac is the same as every other: Whatever you choose as a goal for yourself.

there are already ppl who capped their traits already and it's been only 3 months since the release? nice end game blizz, congratz, you just managed to fool me for the last time
    Yea, and how many of the players actually did that? 1%? Probably less. And they still have raiding to do if they choose so, and can probably still get better gear from Mythic+ too, for instance.

And there will be more traits and gear comming in 7.1.5 which should be hitting within the next 30 days or so, don't you worry ^^

"Only" 3 months? Have you played WoW before? What would you consider better, WoD? In which the non-gaming raid pretty much "ended" for raiders as soon as the first raid landed (1month)?
    If only now after 3 months is it slowing down, just as they are preparing to add more stuff to do, they're doing pretty good for WoW standarts, even if through repetitive grind.
    Last edited by Kolvarg; 2016-12-15 at 11:35 AM.

I really love D3 and i definately see the similarities.

Mythic+ = Greater Rifts
    Emissary Quests = Bounties

Legendary drops(RNG, similar to getting the rarest/bis items in d3)

Epics are about as common as legendaries in D3, and you want them to titanforge, just like you want legendaries to be ancient in D3.

I don't think the legendaries in WoW are as required as the pieces that makes a build in D3 though.

Diablo = All-you-can-eat randomly generated dungeon crawling for 1-4 players, with loot-galore.

WoW-Legion = Time-gated repetitive dungeon farming for 5!/10-30 players, with loot from some bosses.

They both have demons and RNG, but that is about it...

Most of what makes Diablo awesome casual gaming is left out of WoW.
    WoW has other elements missing in D3. They are just different games.

Now, if we could have WoW with randomly generated solo-smallgroup dungeons it would be awesome. I like the gameplay of Diablo, but prefer the interface and engine of WoW.
    If only they could fix the randomly generated dungeons in WoW it would have potential as a great game. Sure solo-dungeon-crawling would not be equally balanced for all classes, but who cares? if it is casual past-time challenges that would be fine. Just like how the brawlers' guild was not really balanced either.
    It might even be enough to randomly populate the existing dungeons with related-theme mobs and bosses and tag on a D+ key system. The affixes they already have if they want to bring those in. Make the mobs scale by number of players in group and it is done.
    Cap the iLvl of drops to same cap as WQs and make it so the vendor-value of items cannot net more gold/hour than some other reference activity.
    Many players would think this is useless content in the game, but for some of us we enjoy casual group play every now and then, but do not want to log into a different game to do some solo gaming.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. My perception is different than yours because I simply don't grind. I don't try to min-max anymore. My shaman healer is there, all cozy, I just cleared Emerald Nightmare H with my hillbilly guild on the smallest brazillian server, and I couldn't be happier. Of course, I'm weaker than the players that grinded their AP and gear, but I play more things than WoW, which compensates my experience. Also, I'm not "that" weaker. The grind needed to have a small power jump is too much. But hey, if they grind, they deserve their power boost.

If you keep grinding that Artifact Power, you're gonna have a bad time! Try to focus on defeating bigger challenges instead of getting 0.08% stronger.

I personally love that I have World Quests + Mythic Dungeons + Raids instead of only Raids as part of my endgame. I just wish the AK boost for alts that is coming in the next patch happened sooner.

legion bring in wow tons of things from diablo.
    from the transmog system to wq.
    ap = paragon (endless bonus that keep growing (in small steps, but big in the end) while you play)
    items are totally random, with random bonus and with ilvl that don't consider much the difficulty. (like in diablo, you can endlessly farm low level to get top gear, it is slower but you can)
    m+ = greater rift

it is a fact.
    i like diablo, so i'm ok with the idea, but not how they made it.
    imho if they really wanted to take this direction they should have go further, and have ap account wide (like paragon), and give us more control on the items we get (for example reforge and blood shard)

because the vast majority of the players are with boosted gear, lacking skills hard and can't do shit, even in a semi-hardcore guild like mine
    Sounds like your guild is shit.

I liked Diablo's loot system more. Sure it was loot galore, but that was the fun. All the loot you got, was turned into mats, which you could use to craft say shoulders, till you got the one you needed. Loot and gear was incredible fun there.

WoW is just sad, it can go a long time till you see a legendary, and then it's a high chance its of the worst.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I don't see open world randomized zones, dungeons or bosses anywhere.

Gear stats aren't randomized like diablo, titanforge/socket/3rd stat isn't more random then 600-750 stat ranges on items making it near impossible to get 2 of the same item.

Yes WoW has aspects of diablo of recent years, like followers, scaling mobs, scaling mythic+ but it's far from an action RPG.

We just don't have enough choice in spells/talents either, Diablo 3 has like 3-4 sets or just combinations of items that entirely change playstyle/skill use/stat priorities. And even with that choice, Diablo ends up having cookie cutter builds after some time.
    Last edited by Teri; 2016-12-15 at 03:01 PM.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    How much egocentric can you be to even consider yourself the only person in the world who thinks that? Jesus. Even as far as Dreamhack 2014 when Legion was announced, people have been saing that Legion is similar to Diablo 3 now. Heck, in the first alpha / Family and Friends builds there was a chance for a goblin to spawn while questing, and killing it he dropped insane amount of gold and loot, just like the goblins in Diablo 3. Why do you think you're the first person to even reach this conclusion?

Deleted
    .. And you also move in wow, which makes it pingpong. And you walk around walls so it is also pacman. And you jump over stuff which makes it jumpman-aka-Mario.
    ... Right..

long answer: quite possibly your inclination into this fascinating theory is correct.

short answer: yes

Quote Originally Posted by ColaZeroHero View Post

I don't think the legendaries in WoW are as required as the pieces that makes a build in D3 though.
    Unholy DKs say Hi

Can't say I remember Legion becoming an APRG. I mean I haven't logged in for a while so I will go check.

Odd how they decided to cannibalize features from their other active game, with rifts and legendary drops coming first to mind. At least they scrapped the treasure goblins. Would have been too obvious.

Grinding in an MMO? Blasphemy!

Yeah, how dare Blizzard LEARN from other games especially its own successful properties! Its completely outrageous that they think they can change anything in anyway in an attempt to increase engagement by filthy casuals. ONLY RAIDERS MATTER! What part of that don't they get? The causal scrubs should feel grateful that they can pay $15/mo to see any part of this game where the "24/7, Piss-in-a-bottle, full gremlin" hardcore gather. I DEMAND that Blizzard immediately revert everything back to patch 1.11 and force everyone that doesn't down at least half of Nax 40 per week to pay a tax to the great and mighty ones that do!

/s

(Sorry for breaking anyone's meters )