Beacon of Virtue

So I've been away from home since the Legion launch, and have been trying to decide which class to play for about 5 months now I think. I'm a vanilla healer who is drawn to efficiency and longevity. That being said, is Beacon of Virtue viable, and at what point does it become worth the mana cost to cast it? Do we even need the extra mana conservation at all?

Deleted
    It's the best beacon for 5 man content.
    I dont really know the math but i suppose it could be viable for raiding if you stack haste and get more thicks but i could totally be wrong.

It's great in 5 mans. Not too great in raids. Sucks up all your mana and deprives you of your reliable tank healing, which is one of the main reasons to bring a hpaladin. Though it might be worth trying if you already have a hpaladin and strong tanks and adding another beacon to the them would just be meaningless. It isn't something you'd normally do, though.
    "Quack, quack, Mr. Bond."

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Beacon of Virtue is great in 5 man content. When you get into mythic+ though any affix that makes you need to heal the tank a lot light bringer is a lot better. I switch between beacons depending on which dungeon it is and affix. Almost the only thing I change in my dungeon set.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsune View Post
    Beacon of Virtue is great in 5 man content. When you get into mythic+ though any affix that makes you need to heal the tank a lot light bringer is a lot better. I switch between beacons depending on which dungeon it is and affix. Almost the only thing I change in my dungeon set.
    When you're really doing mythics where you have to 'heal the tank a lot' lightbringer is going to do absolutely nothing to help you with that.

As other have said, it's really a 5man talent. Having done up to +13, there are few encounters where I feel it's absolutely needed (especially with Fortified). Other time, snipe healing the dps is fine enough. Most of the times someone dies, it's because they disobeyed an avoidable mechanic and got died within a global.
    The wise wolf who's pride is her wisdom isn't so sharp as drunk.

Quote Originally Posted by Azsune View Post
    I think Overflowing at higher levels is the only time I change Virtue. Most times not everyone gets healed equally, or takes damage equally, so you just cause a shit storm of never ending absorb shields :P

Otherwise, I have troubles even on lower level dungeons, especially if the group is spread out, using anything but BoV. It's so weird. Our burst aoe healing sucks, and most times in dungeons that's what you need.