Thread: Helya (HC?) bug

10+ Year Old Account

Helya (HC?) bug

So I seem to be the only one that experienced a bug on Helya heroic (maybe it's present on other difficulties also) last night, in one of our wipes (we killed it eventually).
    After some wave hit and passed, I kept getting pushed back, didn't make it up the stairs.
    I kept having that effect even after the fight ended, resurrecting and being pushed back through the portal...
    Anyone knows anything about it and how it made it onto live?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Deleted
    Do you see seagulls too?

Haven't seen this on Helya but the same has happened previously with other bosses that have pushback effects so I don't think it's specific to Helya, just a bug that pops up sometimes.

Deleted
    Server load issues most likely.

Tick misses the trigger for turning the effect off and then remains on you indefinately.

Until you either get a new wave that overlaps it and its trigger succeeds or well, yeah, nothing else really.

Last week it happened to one of our guys. It happened like 3 or 4 times... to the same guy. Idk what causes it but its either personal or just not doing the mechanics correctly. Thats just my thoughts

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Usernameforforums View Post
    Last week it happened to one of our guys. It happened like 3 or 4 times... to the same guy. Idk what causes it but its either personal or just not doing the mechanics correctly. Thats just my thoughts
    It could also mean a desync with the connection perhaps. That is especially if we're considering that it's the 1 guy always getting it.

One thing I've noticed that for some funky reason actually stabilized my connection from the occasional +300ms spikes I had was lowering the MTU from the EthernetV2 default of 1500 down to 1458...

Which sounds counter-intuitive to do it but it actually made the entire thing fully stable. I've yet to notice a single massive spike on my 27ms connection to ever go above 300msish on some casts in instance servers... which is funny really. Now the point Im trying to take away is that it was fine for me earlier as well but that change, elimintated the occasional so-called stutters with the connection stability towards blizzard servers in EU. Why? Well, I'm still looking into it. The source I have for the supposed change was from a suggestion made to me on the EU tech support forums. The person reccomending it says he was a supposed network engineer and frankly I trust his assumptions on the necessity to lower it. The wireshark captures of packets were legit.

Source: https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17612932255 & https://eu.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/17612882184