Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by kaib View Post
    make sure people don't actually run on top of the raid mark for each breath region for dispels. that means if 2 people want to get fire dispelled, they are likely to give each other the debuff. make sure they run into that area and not like sheep to the raid mark. dispelling only should be a problem on breath 3 and 5. that's where breath and foam lines up.
    dispelling before breath requires crazy coordination. Two reasonable ways to handle it:
    A) assign one debuff soaker for each breath group. on breath 3 and 5, make him stand in the middle of the breath. everyone else soaks close to the boss (melees) or in the back of the breath (range dps, healers). the guys with the foams stand in the middle as well. as soon as breath ends, they run to the designated soaker. example:
    player X has shadow foam and soaks fire breath. player Y is the fire breath soaker. Y stands in the middle of his breath. all other fire breath soakers are close to the boss or in the back of the breath. as soon as breath ends, Y stands still. X runs to Y and gets dispelled. you have about 2 seconds to run those 4-5 yards and for the dispel to land. this method is great if you have one of each foam or if some foams don't need to be dispelled. if you need to dispel three of the same foam, it's messy.
    B) mass dispel on top of an immunity. if you have a foam you want to get rid of, you can get it dispelled next to a mage sitting in ice block or a bubble'ed paladin, no matter what affiliation the guy has. the immunity will eat the foam up.
    same breath soaking positions as above, melees close to boss, range in the back of the breath. in the middle of the breath area, place a raid marker. as soon as the breath ends. an assigned mage (or other immunity, aspect of turtle does NOT work) steps on that raid mark and blocks. the players with foam stand in a triangle or square (using only up to 3 of the corners ofc) around that ice block and a mass dispel lands 1s before the first foam runs out.
    I prefer B as it's better if you need to dispel 3 foams. Doing it like that requires the least amount of coordination, which is always what I'm trying to plan for. the breath cast is 5s and the players with foam have those 5s to realize how many dispels are needed and how they roughly want to stand once the breath is gone.

also the biggest piece of advice I can give anyone is: Stop treating this as a dps check. not sure when/how that urban legend started. if you keep 20 people with current item levels alive until the 4 min mark, I can't see anyone wiping to enrage. we had a mage dead for just over 50% of the fight and our one shadow priest lost range on the 3rd charge and died with about 40s to go (which he does a ton of dps in of course). the boss still died. solve the dispels -> kill the boss.
    I'm confused about one thing - you say someone has shadow foam but they run to the fire soaker to get dispelled? Wouldn't this give the shadow debuff to someone with a fire debuff and kill them? What am I missing here

Also just to clarify as there aren't a lot of good guides and I haven't tried this yet - three foams go out at once. These foams can be ANY combination of colors? The written guides make I sound like it is one of each color, so I am getting confused because kill videos appear to show otherwise.
    Last edited by Broccoliz; 2016-12-21 at 09:38 PM.

Deleted
    It can be any combination, so it's quite easy to get 3 of the same colour. This means the 3 people with the same colour should try not to be on top of each other when they're getting dispelled and that they should each be close to a person who's supposed to soak that debuff, or they'll just spread the debuff to each other again. That's when it can get tricky IMO.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    And no, cloak does not work; Only full immunities (AMS/Bubble/Iceblock) does. Partial immunities/resists/dodges such as cloak and turtle does not.
    What about the other cloak - the holy priest one It's not really an "immunity", but it's such an akward tool that I'm not even sure how it would work. Plus, I suppose even without cloak, you can say "screw it", soak the last debuff and just heal the rest of the fight in SoR.

Does anyone know what causes the third set of debuffs (just before charge)? He randomly did it a few times and took our soakers by surprise, but don't know if/how we can avoid them.

Quote Originally Posted by dmfg View Post
    Does anyone know what causes the third set of debuffs (just before charge)? He randomly did it a few times and took our soakers by surprise, but don't know if/how we can avoid them.
    Seemed completely random to us. We just went with a "deal with it" attitude.

Alright, so I guess our plan is to two tank, four heal after the nerfs since low dps check. We plan on forming a triangle on the free side of the room with melee as the tip for one dispel area and the two legs of the triangle (left / right) being then other two dispel areas.

Can anyone comment on whether or not the dispel plan posted earlier in this thread is correct? 1 = no dispel, 2 = after breath, 3 = before breath, etc...

Also, are there any weak auras to get? And what assistance does DBM provide? I saw in kill videos people had say bubbles flashing their color of debuff, is that naturally in DBM?

as somebody who hasn't gotten to m guarm (will soon) can I get a summary of what exactly is the extra debuff/dispel thing in mythic mode?

Quote Originally Posted by Kirbypro View Post
    as somebody who hasn't gotten to m guarm (will soon) can I get a summary of what exactly is the extra debuff/dispel thing in mythic mode?
    Guarm puts 3 foam debuffs on random raiders with something like 8 seconds duration. When dispelled, it jumps to the nearest player, but debuff duration stays what it was – so you have to handle it in those 8 seconds.
    When debuff timer runs out, you get a debuff as if you stood in a similar color breath. Point is – if foam color differs from the breath you're soaking you need to go near the person with a correct breath debuff and ask for dispel, so it runs out on him without mixing colors.

- - - Updated - - -

For our Guarm kill we used an addon Nameplate auras, configured to show foam and breath debuffs over the players.

Pros:
    You're able to see people and their colors in real-time, so you're not pinned to a certain marks on the floor. And you just hug the nearest raider with a correct color and ask for dispel.
    This makes handling the foams much easier.

We also used weakaura – https://wago.io/4kd1sd-Mz – which assigns each healer to a person with debuff, so you just need to shout your nickname and corresponding healer does that instantly.

Cons:
    Make everyone in your raid install the add-on.

You can watch it in action here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZbLm3qHGIk
    Last edited by Tanthalas; 2016-12-22 at 04:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tanthalas View Post
    Guarm puts 3 foam debuffs on random raiders with something like 8 seconds duration. When dispelled, it jumps to the nearest player, but debuff duration stays what it was – so you have to handle it in those 8 seconds.
    When debuff timer runs out, you get a debuff as if you stood in a similar color breath. Point is – if foam color differs from the breath you're soaking you need to go near the person with a correct breath debuff and ask for dispel, so it runs out on him without mixing colors.

- - - Updated - - -

For our Guarm kill we used an addon Nameplate auras, configured to show foam and breath debuffs over the players.

Pros:
    You're able to see people and their colors in real-time, so you're not pinned to a certain marks on the floor. And you just hug the nearest raider with a correct color and ask for dispel.
    This makes handling the foams much easier.

We also used weakaura – https://wago.io/4kd1sd-Mz – which assigns each healer to a person with debuff, so you just need to shout your nickname and corresponding healer does that instantly.

Cons:
    Make everyone in your raid install the add-on.

You can watch it in action here – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZbLm3qHGIk
    Do you just download the add on and it is good to go or is there a lot of config to set it up? Does it work with elvui? Just wanting to judge the complexity of this setup.

For the weak aura, do you have to edit it at all to work with your team or is it a smart weak aura?

Thanks for the great tools!

Quote Originally Posted by Broccoliz View Post
    Do you just download the add on and it is good to go or is there a lot of config to set it up? Does it work with elvui? Just wanting to judge the complexity of this setup.

For the weak aura, do you have to edit it at all to work with your team or is it a smart weak aura?

Thanks for the great tools!
    Addon comes with predefined auras, like stuns and some major debuffs, you want to delete all of them and add 3 spell ids for breaths and 3 for foams. And it's usage is not limited to Guarm tbh, we're currently finishing off Helya and it's a valuable tool there too, I've used it for Odyn and I bet it will be useful in Nighthold too.

It works with any name plates, be it default, tidy plates or any other, but most convenient are plates that will allow you to leave only names or even nothing – that's what tidy plates are capable of (headline text or filter players).
    We wasted like 30-40 minutes setting it up, but after that guarm almost went down in the remaining 2 hours of the raid and died in a second pull of the next raid night.

As for weak aura, it's kinda smart, but it defines your healers by raid role – it is useful to make one of your healers a frost lick dispeller and set his role as dpser, so he won't appear for foam dispels.
    Last edited by Tanthalas; 2016-12-22 at 09:42 PM.