Thread: Banned...again

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    The thing is though, the desktop app has an option for paying for some upgraded form. It's recommended by a lot of youtubers who do AH stuff, and it's a highly rated app. Like you, I've used TSM for a long time now, but I only started using the desktop app for the past year or so. I'm going to be rather annoyed if this stupid app is the reason I got hit...though I guess I will never find out.
    Does that app do anything but update some lua files ? Sounds retarded if that actually was the case might as well hand out bans for me using fucking ultraedit to fix up a no longer updated addon not even mentioning everyone using the curse client.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2016-12-15 at 08:36 AM.

The thing is though, the desktop app has an option for paying for some upgraded form. It's recommended by a lot of youtubers who do AH stuff, and it's a highly rated app. Like you, I've used TSM for a long time now, but I only started using the desktop app for the past year or so. I'm going to be rather annoyed if this stupid app is the reason I got hit...though I guess I will never find out.
    Well, could be that they feel extra safe in banning you due to previous offenses. They see a third party software changing WoW and ban you for it since you've made yourself deserve the lack of trust.

Blizzard doesn't even need a reason to ban. Maybe they actually dislike botters and know you'll pay for the game anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Allora View Post
    ToS

A. use cheats, automation software (bots), hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify the World of Warcraft experience;

what to say more. it seems TSM get 2 points.
    "what to say more"? Well say more if you want us to know what the hell youre talking about.

Edit: OP - Call Blizzard up. They'll unbanned you. My old guild leader got them to unban him three times and two were permanent bans for selling gold en masse. And if they'll do it for guys like him then they'd definitely do it for you if you're speaking the truth. Just tell them flat out you honestly did bot before. And say you're calling to inquire why you got banned this time when you didn't bot.
    Last edited by Beet; 2016-12-15 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Deztru View Post
    You're using TSM, a third-party software that runs outside WoW but affects WoW. That's where your both bans came from (if you're truthful)

I don't know why TSM would make something like this because yes, it WILL get you banned.

- - - Updated - - -

Warden doesn't care if the Third-Party Software affects their files or some AddOn files, it's still a Third-Party Software affecting WoW files.
    By your logic anyone using Curse client (or any other software that automates updating addons) should be permabanned right now, because guess what, they all update files inside Addons folder.

Suramar is beyond a joke with the amount of botters so it makes me lol my ass off when i read sob stories like these.

HAHAHAHA

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vorchun View Post
    By your logic anyone using Curse client (or any other software that automates updating addons) should be permabanned right now, because guess what, they all update files inside Addons folder.
    Yeah you took the words right out of my mouth. Also let's drop the whole Warden thing. They haven't used "Warden" in years.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tydan View Post
    Suramar is beyond a joke with the amount of botters so it makes me lol my ass off when i read sob stories like these.

HAHAHAHA
    Man you seem to have some issues if you find this to be -that- funny. You laugh as they come back with five new bots though. You'll never game without bots. And no before you accuse me of it, I don't bot. I haven't since Diablo 2 with good ol Pindlebot.
    Last edited by Beet; 2016-12-15 at 08:45 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Clearly some people have no idea how the TSM app works... Saying the TSM app is against the ToS is like saying the Curse app is against the ToS when it updates your addons automatically. That is basically what the TSM app does, it updates itself.

I've been using TSM and the TSM app since its beta and I have had no issue at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Perma-ban would prevent us to read such pointless threads.
    Yeah well that won't ever happen. Blizzard wants money bro. That's why they never permanent ban botters anymore unless they do something insane and even then it's just a phone call away for getting it unbanned.

It seems that you've managed to collect a large amount of Post-It notes on your account, so you are going to get a lot less leeway when it comes to suspicious activities (regardless of whether those suspicious activities actually breach the ToS or not).

I wouldn't be surprised to read about their hacks department having a certain quota to fill, and now that you've shown a willingness to break their rules over and over and over... well...

The only other thing I can think of is, I save my addon folder to a secondary HDD. Whenever I come back to WoW, I just copy it over, update through Curse, and play. I wonder if I have an addon left in there that might be associated with botting. I'll have to take a closer look.
    @Hulkirjan, lol, second offense, that's cute :-) This account has 8 suspensions under its belt. Blizzard stopped banning botters permanently a long time ago, they just throw suspensions at them indefinitely. Rather unfortunate that the last two, I wasn't even botting... >.>

You guys can hate on me all you want for being a botter, it doesn't bother me in the least. But you need to realize that I wasn't doing anything of the sort this time. Again, if I was, I would not be posting about it here. I'm not trying to get the account back or anything. I simply want to know what may be causing this since it isn't an actual bot this time. Blizzard refuses to tell me what it is they detected so I have no idea.
    Don't bother with these kids man. They are so strung up on their high horse trying to play policeman, that they will never respond with anything other than the usual "your a botter you derseve it waa-waa-waa".

It's just youngsters man, don't waste time here. Use ownedcore or Reddit instead.

When you get banned your account is flagged for life. I wouldn't take any risks whatsoever.

Deleted
    Dont be stupid nobody gets banned for using TSM. Even the desktop app is fine, all it does is feed data to tsm ingame. All addons are actually third party software better dban 99% of the playerbase :S. What probably messed OP up was keeping his old add-ons folder.

Nobody know exactly how blizz finds botters but one method has to do with checking the wow folder for certain inconsitancies (think honorbuddy inject or something). OP probably carried those inconsistancies over from his old installation (when he actually botted) by using the same add-on folder. Beste bet is do a full reinstall and try and appeal but I dont know if youhave a chance.

10+ Year Old Account
    As long as you are struck with a 3rd party offense, you know it is your own fault. You maybe haven't cleared the folders, cache etc, but still, it strikes on you for having it.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Zeepsneeft View Post
    Dont be stupid nobody gets banned for using TSM. Even the desktop app is fine, all it does is feed data to tsm ingame. All addons are actually third party software better dban 99% of the playerbase :S. What probably messed OP up was keeping his old add-ons folder.

Nobody know exactly how blizz finds botters but one method has to do with checking the wow folder for certain inconsitancies (think honorbuddy inject or something). OP probably carried those inconsistancies over from his old installation (when he actually botted) by using the same add-on folder. Beste bet is do a full reinstall and try and appeal but I dont know if youhave a chance.
    You agree to them to be able to scan your system, as in, if you have files of a 3rd party on the computer, it can still strike you.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    The only other thing I can think of is, I save my addon folder to a secondary HDD. Whenever I come back to WoW, I just copy it over, update through Curse, and play. I wonder if I have an addon left in there that might be associated with botting. I'll have to take a closer look.
    @Hulkirjan, lol, second offense, that's cute :-) This account has 8 suspensions under its belt. Blizzard stopped banning botters permanently a long time ago, they just throw suspensions at them indefinitely. Rather unfortunate that the last two, I wasn't even botting... >.>

You guys can hate on me all you want for being a botter, it doesn't bother me in the least. But you need to realize that I wasn't doing anything of the sort this time. Again, if I was, I would not be posting about it here. I'm not trying to get the account back or anything. I simply want to know what may be causing this since it isn't an actual bot this time. Blizzard refuses to tell me what it is they detected so I have no idea.
    Blizzard literally owe you zero explanation on the matter. If you had been suspended 8 times you would know for a fact they don't explain ANYTHING in the e-mail with anything in regards to the ban. Go attention seeking somewhere else please.

This thread is fucking stupid. Stop bragging about being a botter on a public forum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Born: Syracuse, NY; Currently live: Raleigh, NC
    Quote Originally Posted by Ishallowcome
    Basically I'm wondering if using a program to alter addon files, (scan AH while not at AH using wow armory then updates DB files in TSM) is bannable. It's better to be safe than sorry.
    Originally Posted by Vrakthris
    I'm sorry, but Support Forum agents like myself, which are part of In-Game Support and not Development, are not really in a position to provide commentary on the legitimacy of an addon or other program.

If it is not altering game files or otherwise automating game play it may adhere to our policies. Though actively altering files, even addon files, while you play seems... sketchy.
    https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/...6896237#post-8

Thread deals directly with TSM. Seems it's related to the desktop application. I would guess that this mixed with your account history and what may possibly still be lurking in your add-on folder has made you an easy ban target.

Quote Originally Posted by Sencha View Post
    Perma-ban would prevent us to read such pointless threads.
    Please! This is the best solution!.. There is no "oh I didnt know I installed a bot-program and used by mistake"... if you bot ONCE, piss off and fade away in the permaban-pool of other losers that are taking unfair advantage in the game!

Once a cheater, always a cheater!

Quote Originally Posted by Kudos View Post
    I've used TSM for well over a year (or longer) and it's never been an issue. I do not, however use the desktop app. Maybe that's the issue.
    Did you also ever bot in the past?

I think what's going on here is not necessarily that the use of TSM alone is a bannable offense. But it could be the straw that breaks the camel's back, so to speak. On an account which is already flagged as being guilty of botting in the past, it's very likely that even the most minor offense would result in additional bans.

To the OP: I have very little sympathy. Botting inflicts serious and long-lasting damage to game communities and economies. I'm surprised you even got the account back at all. I'm VERY much in favor of perma-bans for that kind of activity.

Quote Originally Posted by Perudo View Post
    Uhm nope, TSM is not an automation software (Wouldn't auctioneer and the underminejournal also been banned then?), and it does not modify any game files. Only thing it does is updating its own files with the latest prices that the in game addon use for comparison.

Hell, the UndermineJournal addon is doing the same thing, just that it is is updating less frequently.

I have been using TSM since... early days of Warlords of Draenor and still not received a ban.

So the ones claiming they have been banned for using TSM is not telling the whole story.

If TSM is downloaded as a physical app not a add on, its a third party software, it doesn't matter what its function is, but there is some sort of interaction ingame with it, which is giving you an advantage. And just because you haven't received a ban doesn't mean its legit,

regardless , I think the OP isn't saying a full story and hes done something else.

7+ Year Old Account
    Few mentioned Curse Client here. I'm using Curse Client, but I never activeley use it WHILE playing WoW because I use it only for updating Add-ons. Why would I run WoW when I'm updating add-ons? I'd have to restart anyway. I usually let Curse update Add-ons before I start WoW. Once it's done I usually close the Client because I don't neeed it anymore that day.