Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    and your point is..?
    It's still a nobrainer. It's beyond awful. GBoK tank, GBoW healer. At the beginning of Dragonslaying session and once in an hour. I'm already feeling my class support buffbot fantasy sense tingling.
    You say it like GBoM on top 3 DPS offered any choice/thought either. Personal damage to better perform in M+ when outgear other dps or open world sounds better. Also makes Ret DPS in raids easier to balance since they don't leech 9% damage from other classes.

It's still a nobrainer. It's beyond awful. GBoK tank, GBoW healer. At the beginning of Dragonslaying session and once in an hour. I'm already feeling my class support buffbot fantasy sense tingling.
    I don't think it is a no-brainer. I have no intention of putting kings on a tank, they really don't need it. Probably my team's mage or shadow priest as they are the ones constantly being blown up by damage that everyone else can soak without problems.

It's not like anyone is ever going to say "hey, we should grab a ret paladin to help with healer regen" but at this point I'd say greater blessings have become harmless and debatable slightly useful rather than just a straight up pain in the ass. Feel free to still hate them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tobrexa View Post
    I think it's actually 8% damage buff for the removal of GBoM and 4% for the adjustment regarding legendary nerf. If you look at other classes patch notes you'll notice that most of them (if not all?) also got a 4% aura, which I suppose is the change making up for the legendary nerf, so that damage overall remains the same.
    That leaves us with the 8% that we get more than other classes, which is about the mean value from the top of my head that I get from singletarget bosses from GBoM, perhaps a little less.
    Overall I'd say we stay the same (if you already have throughput legendaries) or perhaps gain a little bit (if you don't have legs) on single target fights. On heavy AoE, where your GBoM makes clearly up for more than 8% (if you have the right classes buffed) I think it will be a nerf. This is of course napkin math and can be easily confirmed/invalidated by real statistical data.
    Pretty sure ret only got another ~3% in addition to the compensation for GBoM because it was one of the specs affected the most by the legendary changes. If you look at which classes got small buffs, it's all agility ones (to make up for the 5% crit loss on PTR) plus underperforming ones (destruction, unholy).

Quote Originally Posted by pay928 View Post
    You say it like GBoM on top 3 DPS offered any choice/thought either.
    No.
    Your reading comprehension is compromised.
    What I'm saying is this changes nothing.
    It was a no-brainer(but at least you had to find the best dps to utilize i to its fullest), it is going to still be a nobrainer.

Personal damage to better perform in M+ when outgear other dps or open world sounds better.
    This is a fine point.
    I very much like to be solely resposnsible for my dps.

Also makes Ret DPS in raids easier to balance since they don't leech 9% damage from other classes.
    This is a fine point aswell.
    Thing is, what's the point in these two gutted GBlessings?
    Why not scrap this failure altogether and bring forth something truly interesting and engaging, something that would preserve that fleeting feeling of being a supportive spec?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Monzsterr View Post
    I don't think it is a no-brainer. I have no intention of putting kings on a tank, they really don't need it. Probably my team's mage or shadow priest as they are the ones constantly being blown up by damage that everyone else can soak without problems.

It's not like anyone is ever going to say "hey, we should grab a ret paladin to help with healer regen" but at this point I'd say greater blessings have become harmless and debatable slightly useful rather than just a straight up pain in the ass. Feel free to still hate them.
    Why should I buff failing dps instead of a tank?
    Tank will have easier time, heler will have easier time.
    Tank staying alive means higher chance of finishing boss off if things go south.

"Slightly useful" ?
    Now that's adorable.

I'm not hating them.
    It's pointless, like hating a steaming, fuming oozing pile of excrement.
    It won't get any better if you hate it or not.
    I despise them and would not touch them with a stick.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like these changes. Makes me more powerful since i'm currently running around solo mostly for worldquests, battlegrounds etc.
    It's high noon.
    Personality: INTJ

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not hating them.
    It's pointless, like hating a steaming, fuming oozing pile of excrement.
    It won't get any better if you hate it or not.
    I despise them and would not touch them with a stick.
    Me too.
    Would like it if they changed them into long CDs with appropriate effects.
    GBoW should act like an innervate with HP-regen (30% over 10s - 5min CD) and GBoK like a big shield (2mil/3mil (for 15/20sec) - 3min/5min).
    Numbers are the exact same as if they would be active for that time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dromes View Post
    doesn't it say "limit to 1 target"? thought that means you get to buff only one healer
    You can have up to 3 greater blessings out at any time. No limitations beyond that - You could put both kings and wis on a single healer. Or kings on 3 healers, ect. Not a nerf to the pvp talents either, considering that you only need to have a blessing on them, and Kings works great.

Wisdom on an arcane mage is also a dps increase to the group - It allows arcane mages 1 extra full stack AB every rotation!
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post
    You can have up to 3 greater blessings out at any time. No limitations beyond that - You could put both kings and wis on a single healer. Or kings on 3 healers, ect. Not a nerf to the pvp talents either, considering that you only need to have a blessing on them, and Kings works great.

Wisdom on an arcane mage is also a dps increase to the group - It allows arcane mages 1 extra full stack AB every rotation!
    Did you try this out on PTR? Currently it's 3 greater blessings but it says 'limit to 1 target' makes it sound like you give out a single Kings/Wisdom now.

Quote Originally Posted by Maduk View Post
    Me too.
    Would like it if they changed them into long CDs with appropriate effects.
    GBoW should act like an innervate with HP-regen (30% over 10s - 5min CD) and GBoK like a big shield (2mil/3mil (for 15/20sec) - 3min/5min).
    Numbers are the exact same as if they would be active for that time.
    The problem with this idea is that now you're giving Ret way too much utility. You're giving them an HP enervate, and a 100% shield for any non tank. Those are like strong healer cooldowns.

If they wanted to use the Blessing paradigm it should have been Might for Ret, Kings for Prot, and Wisdom for Holy. Make it strong, and give it an appropriate cooldown. What they should do? Not up to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Raugnaut View Post

Did you read the PTR changes?

Divine Hammer, Execution Sentence and Holy Wrath aren't listed in the 12% buff aura, are these on chopping block?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wrecktangle View Post
    The problem with this idea is that now you're giving Ret way too much utility. You're giving them an HP enervate, and a 100% shield for any non tank. Those are like strong healer cooldowns.
    Why is it too much?
    Strong healer CDs? 30%HP over 10 or 15s isn't really much. That's easly achieveable with FoL.
    The innervate could be too strong, but those numbers will be generated either way.

Why is the shield too powerful if every tank can get the leg shield trinket with 40% absorb on a 1.25min CD? oO

Quote Originally Posted by GT4 View Post
    Pretty sure ret only got another ~3% in addition to the compensation for GBoM because it was one of the specs affected the most by the legendary changes. If you look at which classes got small buffs, it's all agility ones (to make up for the 5% crit loss on PTR) plus underperforming ones (destruction, unholy).
    It's not an extra 3%. Even if TV is included. Auto attack, Old War, FC(Brittle), Satyr, Pepper Breath, SoV are 20%ish of our damage. 12% of 80% = 9.6%. Its a wash or a slight loss. So legendary nerf is not being compensated for.

Personally i think they need scrap the other 2 GB and give us some type of 2 blessings: 1) Mobility blessing 2) Immune to dispels for 10 seconds blessing for example. I just want some mobility X and id be happy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bormec View Post
    Divine Hammer, Execution Sentence and Holy Wrath aren't listed in the 12% buff aura, are these on chopping block?
    One can only hope... But that would require blizz to add 3 whole new talents, unless they plan on just taking them from the prot/holy talents like they did with judgement of light.

Quote Originally Posted by Aribethe View Post
    It's not an extra 3%. Even if TV is included. Auto attack, Old War, FC(Brittle), Satyr, Pepper Breath, SoV are 20%ish of our damage. 12% of 80% = 9.6%. Its a wash or a slight loss. So legendary nerf is not being compensated for.
    Blizzard doesn't factor those in though. Agility classes, for example, lost 5% crit but only got a 4% damage buff to their abilities to make up for that even though 5% crit would also affect everything you mentioned.

They are still insignificant, pathetic, and are combat-locked.
    To you they may seem Insignificant, but across a whole fight, the mana one is really nice for healers on prog. Because it ends up being a nice amount. 54% extra mana, out of thin air on a fight like il'gynoth.. how on earth can you think that's insignificant? A mana potion we sit down and drink over 10seconds mid fight, does like 20% and that's more than worth it. A trinket that saves me a total of 30% mana across a 10minute fight, is so worth it.

It's strong. And useful, really good for progression. I personally am very keen to see it used in raids.

This is the best news in legion so far for me. I have hated this mechanic forever and I am so glad to see it removed

Quote Originally Posted by Emerald Archer View Post
    To you they may seem Insignificant, but across a whole fight, the mana one is really nice for healers on prog. Because it ends up being a nice amount. 54% extra mana, out of thin air on a fight like il'gynoth.. how on earth can you think that's insignificant? A mana potion we sit down and drink over 10seconds mid fight, does like 20% and that's more than worth it. A trinket that saves me a total of 30% mana across a 10minute fight, is so worth it.

It's strong. And useful, really good for progression. I personally am very keen to see it used in raids.
    yeah right, because every fight takes as much time as Ylginoth.
    It's still pathetic and boring, fire-and-forget failure.

I'm happy for you and your giddy state, but I won't share in that, as I See nothing to be happy about regarding GBOK and GBOW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aribethe View Post
    So legendary nerf is not being compensated for.
    Yes, makes no sense to compensate the nerf.