Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vellus View Post
    Ideally, Blizzard would re-do all legendaries to be utility and not affect damage.

I'd rather they had only damage ones, to be honest (for DPS specs anyways)... I don't feel like an item is "legendary" if it's not contributing to my primary function in a group, which is DPS.

Tank ones should be entirely about survivability, and healer ones should be entirely about healing, they should directly contribute to the role of the spec they are made for.
    Last edited by Schattenlied; 2016-12-16 at 05:19 AM.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

I was thinking, perhaps you could be able to "disenchant" legendaries into shards, and then you can use 3 or however many shards to craft whatever legendary you wanted (perhaps with some other steps or material too to add flavour).

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    I'd rather they had only damage ones, to be honest (for DPS specs anyways)... I don't feel like an item is "legendary" if it's not contributing to my primary function in a group, which is DPS.

Tank ones should be entirely about survivability, and healer ones should be entirely about healing, they should directly contribute to the role of the spec they are made for.
    Having only DPS legendaries won't fix anything. It's not even a band aid, cuz people will keep bitching about getting subpar leg instead of BiS leg. They work well when either there's only ONE legendary, e.g. WoD ring, MoP cloak, then there's almost no disparity among players' power, or legendaries are rare, really rare, like non-existent, so community won't even take them into account, e.g. Atiesh.

But in Legion we have ~8 legs per class, and they're kinda common thingy, but not as common as in D3, so having various types of legs like they have in D3 doesn't work.

-- edit #1

We can't have unique impactful items/spells in WoW cuz WoW is an MMO, there's community, people play w/ each other and many people compete against each other, outhealing, outdpsing, outtanking People LOVE min-maxing, even those who aren't really affected by not having BiS items, capped iLvL, etc... Then people feel that they are in disadvantage, and they want to have things that others have, they might not even need it, they just want it, especially if it's something like an orange item from emissary chest

But for some reason, Blizzard devs design some features w/o keeping it in mind, they tend to believe that community won't abuse them, that community won't min-max and sim new items, talents, spell, etc.. They add fun abilities/items that might've worked well in a single player game, but they're "broken" in MMO environment.

Multitude of DPS legendaries is one of those things, they might be great in single player games, they might be ok in multiplayer games where players don't decide who can and who cannot join their group/raid/etc, but they don't function well in an MMO w/ kinda self-regulating community
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-12-16 at 06:33 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sloppywallop View Post
    Plz tell Blizzard management if this is a good idea.
    bad idea. just deal with the legendaries you got.
    Hi

Stop having ideas in the shower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Divided Corporate States of Neo-Feudal Murica, Inc.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    Stop having ideas in the shower.
    After you get a Legendary in Legion, you feel so dirty you have to take a shower.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by lightspark View Post
    But in Legion we have ~8 legs per class, and they're kinda common thingy, but not as common as in D3, so having various types of legs like they have in D3 doesn't work.
    Yes, I'm not saying they should have designed the non-throughput legendaries as throughput legendaries... They would ideally all be removed, and we would have like 3 per spec instead of 8.. and 3 is a lot easier to balance than 8, I'd like to think they could handle getting those 3 close enough together in power that the vast majority of people wouldn't complain.
    A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don’t have one, you’ll probably never need one again.

Yes, I'm not saying they should have designed the non-throughput legendaries as throughput legendaries... They would ideally all be removed, and we would have like 3 per spec instead of 8.. and 3 is a lot easier to balance than 8, I'd like to think they could handle getting those 3 close enough together in power that the vast majority of people wouldn't complain.
    Even 5% difference in DPS gain between 2-4 legendaries is more than enough to trigger vocal people

You have too much faith in community, and that's bad. You HAVE TO be pragmatic when you deal w/ min-maxers, even people who don't really care about min-maxing SEE and/or HEAR what min-maxers say via forum posts, from their fav streamer who quoted a post written by a min-maxer, via an addon like Pawn, or they read it in /2, /4 chats. And because they hear and see such things, they start relating to first world problems, they empathise w/ min-maxers, they simply FEEL that they are affected by the issue too, and that's where you, as a developer, get in trouble.

You can try to reason w/ a player on an individual basis, sure, but community isn't an individual, community is a mod, and the mob is irrational.
    Last edited by ls-; 2016-12-16 at 08:04 AM.

This was addressed in the blue post on the front page. Similarly, a token system was suggested. The issue with this is that implementing systems for selecting legendary addresses a symptom of the issue and not the root of the problem. Ideally, Blizzard would re-do all legendaries to be utility and not affect damage. Their next steps for modifying the current system is putting effort into making them all situationally effective and not having one or two be absolutely required in order to be competitive.
    Lol gotta love those people, do you realise that situationally useful legendaries = legendaries useless for 90+% of time?
    No more time wasted in WoW.. still reading this awesome forum, though

Quote Originally Posted by Spryte View Post
    I was thinking, perhaps you could be able to "disenchant" legendaries into shards, and then you can use 3 or however many shards to craft whatever legendary you wanted (perhaps with some other steps or material too to add flavour).
    direct trade 1 for 1 with like a 100 blood of sargeras cost sounds better to me, not only its more fair, but it would also allow you to switch specs and trade unwanted legendaries from one spec into legs for the other spec, not everyone has 4 legendaries to trade 3 for 1

This was addressed in the blue post on the front page. Similarly, a token system was suggested. The issue with this is that implementing systems for selecting legendary addresses a symptom of the issue and not the root of the problem. Ideally, Blizzard would re-do all legendaries to be utility and not affect damage. Their next steps for modifying the current system is putting effort into making them all situationally effective and not having one or two be absolutely required in order to be competitive.
    so now instead of 2 being required, youll need to have 2 for every situation, basically youll be required to have all of them if you want to be competitive. great fix.

What they are doing to legendaries in 7.1.5 is fine. Legendaries are still going impactful (yes, even a shitty prydaz or sephuz in 7.1.5 is still going to be a huge stat upgrade over anything else you are using), and yeah they may not be the MOST impactful legendary you can get, but Blizzard is nerfing them all equally across the board so nothing stands out.

People are just upset because people hate nerfs, but if you consider that their power is still substantial (but not overpoweringly so) and they are trying to balance it across the board, this isn't really anything to still be crying about.

I personally would like all legendaries to be OP and shit, but I imagine that having OP legendaries just means it's even more impossible to balance in certain situations, like raids or PvP.

I wish i gotten one of the utility ones they would be usefull atleast when i play blood but i'm stuck with 4 frost legendaries...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbless View Post
    I wish i gotten one of the utility ones they would be usefull atleast when i play blood but i'm stuck with 4 frost legendaries...
    Maybe you should've had your loot spec set to blood.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    Maybe you should've had your loot spec set to blood.
    I did that once and got 890 relic for offspec, so no thanks. Frost is still my mainspec afterall..

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkbless View Post
    I did that once and got 890 relic for offspec, so no thanks. Frost is still my mainspec afterall..
    So you're complaining about not having gear for Blood, and complaining that you got gear for Blood.

. . .
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    So you're complaining about not having gear for Blood, and complaining that you got gear for Blood.

. . .
    Just saying that getting 2 more legendaries for mainspec was less usefull then getting some wich can be used on multiple specs (still limited to equiping 2 remember).

I agree with this, dps ones will ALWAYS beat utility ones simply because with enough dps, you can cheese encouters, and it makes it easier for the healers since they don't have to worry about mana with shorter encounters. Being able to stand in fire/soak to cheese is done through personal cooldowns anyway, so the neck is really "meh" as dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Sloppywallop View Post
    I was taking a shower earlier... (jk, I play WoW too much to shower)

I was thinking earlier, a good idea for Blizzard would be to make it where a player can trade in 2 Legendaries, for 1 Legendary of their choice.

Thoughts? Plz tell Blizzard management if this is a good idea.
    Yes, this has been a good idea since someone came up with it in alpha.
    Blizzard wants to keep players annoyed though, for whatever reason.

Then they might as well just let the legendaries drop in order of BIS-to-Useless... instead of beating around the bush and whatnot to solve the "unfair rng"...