Blade of Wizardry

Hey,

I would like to know if weapon enchants will show on Blade of Wizardry. It costs 60k on my server, and I want to use it on my DH, but I do not want it to be red. I would like to know for sure if it will show the weapon enchant or not. I wanted to Teebu's longsword but it costs 950k on my server -.-

Has anyone tried it?

Go for the budget option and put an enchant on it -- my DH looks badass with this + enchant.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=24361/spellfire-longsword

Slave Pens normal, super easy to farm.

There is a similar one from a quest in the Dwarf area, you can get it in like 35-40 minutes.

Deleted
    I think the gnome one is a 2 hander, while the blade of wizardry is 1 hander ?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptnTorpedo View Post
    I think the gnome one is a 2 hander, while the blade of wizardry is 1 hander ?
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=24361/spellfire-longsword

10+ Year Old Account
    Seeing as how nobody answered your question - Blade of Wizardy will not display enchantments. It will always be Orange with a white tint to it.

For future use, you can check this yourself, even if you do not own the weapon. Select the weapon model from the Appearance Tab in-game, then try to give it an illusion. If it displays a default sword, then it means that illusions don't work on it.

Figured I'd chime in on this because I've been in your shoes, but I went ahead and bought Wizardry, learned that illusions wouldn't work on it, then bought Teebu's.
    Last edited by Lime; 2016-12-15 at 08:16 PM.

Alright, I figured that also since I couldn't see the enchants on the weapon when I clicked on appearance.

Thanks I lot, I went ahead at got the spellfire longsword, but i am considering buying Teebu's if I can get a decent price.

- - - Updated - - -

I just went to the guy who transmogs, and I couldn't find mongoose in the weapon enchants.
    Any idea why?

I actually bought the enchant off the AH, but still can't see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mcpenco1234 View Post
    Alright, I figured that also since I couldn't see the enchants on the weapon when I clicked on appearance.

Thanks I lot, I went ahead at got the spellfire longsword, but i am considering buying Teebu's if I can get a decent price.

- - - Updated - - -

I just went to the guy who transmogs, and I couldn't find mongoose in the weapon enchants.
    Any idea why?

Illusions and weapon enchants are two separate things. Illusions are enchant transmogs and nothing more.

Mongoose Illusion is a Bind on Pickup item from Moroes in Karazhan (both versions).

http://www.wowhead.com/item=138797/illusion-mongoose

Any idea why?

Buying the actual enchant scroll doesn't give you the transmog appearance. They drop from old dungeons and raids etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    Buying the actual enchant scroll doesn't give you the transmog appearance. They drop from old dungeons and raids etc.
    Ok so how do I get them to appear in the transmog window?

- - - Updated - - -

I can see crusader and battlemaser (they were enchants in BC), but I can't see mongoose, do I have to get it from Moroes to be able to see it? and do i have to be an enchanter to be able to get the drop?

They are boss drops, but do not require the enchanting ability. Some combinations can be crafted by enchanters, though.

My question is: How do I get Mongoose for example to appear in my transmog enchant choices?

My question is: How do I get Mongoose for example to appear in my transmog enchant choices?
    Kill Monroe, get the drop, use the item in your inventory. The Illusion then gets added to your transmog collection.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Kill Monroe, get the drop, use the item in your inventory. The Illusion then gets added to your transmog collection.
    Even if i'm not an enchanter?

Yup

10characters

Yes, the item he drops is NOT an enchant for the profession. It is an illusion specifically for transmog.
    || Ryzen 5800X || Asus RTX 3070 KO OC || Corsair Vengeance 16GB - 3600 || Asus X570 || Corsair 5000D Airflow ||

Ok thanks for the info