Page 17 of 52 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    Then why are you here? Your irrelevant opinion means nothing.
    Also, most people didn't like ToC cus there was no trash. It's not my "personal opinion" it's "community feedback"
    The community said unanimously that ToC needed trash
    Flying vs no flying is split down the middle.

On the contrary, friend, your arrogance will be your undoing.
    So you ask why I am here, tell me my opinion as a WoW fan is irrelevant, then call me arrogant?

For the past few years, WoW's content sucked. Legion made it better, but it doesn't mean the game is at a state where I think it should be at. Flying is only one of those (minor) issues. If you don't like hearing 'irrelevant opinions' you can always stick to the official forums.

Siege of Orgrimmar had too much trash and people hated it for that too. I guess that's not a fair criticism because you consider trash to be content.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-12-20 at 06:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    "Real" Demon Hunters don't work as a class in modern WoW
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    Please point out to me the player Demon Hunter who has Meta.

The difference is that seeing you folk cry is hilarious. Flying tears have been the single best part of 2016
    I really don't know how to respond to that... you take joy seeing someone denied what they enjoy? So nothing to really contribute then. How about we talk about lulls in content? During these droughts I personally like to continue playing but have little incentive to focus on a main so alts come to the forefront.

I love the story... I love the questing experience... I do not enjoy running up and down mountains in Highmountain looking for the one path/ cave I need to enter to do the story. From above I can plan my approach... engage with the content (that I have already done on my main at this point)... fly off to the next point. It's relaxing... you see progress... and it's fun. What is not fun is only completing half of those quest in the same amount of time just because you can't find which level you need to be on and spend 10 minutes going the wrong around the mountain.

One experience leaves you satisfied the other frustrated. To ease that frustration in a game should be the priority. I'm sad that you don't see the logic behind this.

It's mmo-champ, what do you expect? That the biggest den of lowlife do nothing casuals would actually like to have to actually play the game, for once?
    LOL, it's a den of casuals so what are YOU doing here?

Quote Originally Posted by Thimagryn View Post
    So you ask why I am here, tell me my opinion as a WoW fan is irrelevant, then call me arrogant?

For the past few years, WoW's content sucked. Legion made it better, but it doesn't mean the game is at a state where I think it should be at. Flying is only one of those (minor) issues. If you don't like hearing 'irrelevant opinions' you can always stick to the official forums.
    It's irrelevant because you don't play the game.
    I dunno how that's hard to get.

- - - Updated - - -

LOL, it's a den of casuals so what are YOU doing here?
    "lowlife do nothing casuals"
    I'm a casual
    Do I sit and complain/do nothing, or do I play the game?

And by casual I mean I do at least 1 heroic EN/N ToV every week, with up to 4 normal EN and emissary caches and daily heroics on 2+ toons, maybe the weekly event if it isn't pvp or pet battle related. I'm just not a member of a scheduled progression raid.

It's irrelevant because you don't play the game.
    I dunno how that's hard to get.
    I'm a potential returning customer with interest in the game. I don't know how that's hard for you to understand.

"lowlife do nothing casuals"
    I'm a casual
    Do I sit and complain/do nothing, or do I play the game?
    You sit and complain about others voicing opinions, do you not see the double standards here?

- - - Updated - - -

And by casual I mean I do at least 1 heroic EN/N ToV every week, with up to 4 normal EN and emissary caches and daily heroics on 2+ toons, maybe the weekly event if it isn't pvp or pet battle related. I'm just not a member of a scheduled progression raid.
    TBH it doesn't matter how you play, I would never judge or dismiss your opinions based on how you play. I'm a power gamer who likes to obtain high ranks as quickly as possible, in the most efficient way as possible. It doesn't mean I skip content, since it involves a LOT of grinding. Flight would allow me to grind through repeated content more efficiently. You don't see it that way, but thats because you play differently than I do. And instead of widening your perspective, you'd rather attack someone for simply having an 'irrelevant opinion'.

My issue with Legion is a personal one, and it's because I believe I would run out of (my relevant) content if I were to sub right now. A lot of the content is made to be repeatable or based on RNG, so I'd rather have something like flight assist and alleviate the inefficiencies of the 'farming' process and let me focus the time I saved on the actual content I'd care about (raids/mythic+). If you value World Quest as relevant content, then you're fine to spend your time as you like and enjoy it however you like. I see it as a daily stepping stone, just like dailies content in previous expansions.

It's like Rifts in Diablo 3. Some people like to clear a rift completely even after killing the Rift Boss; I prefer to crush the rift and open a new one immediately because all I need are the Rift Keys for Greater Rifts. If they decide people were running rifts too quickly and everyone needs a movement speed nerf right now only to have it reverted 6 months later, I'll just wait it out.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-12-20 at 07:07 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yipikayey View Post
    Because daily days force you to log in daily, while grinding mobs doesn't. Isn't it obvious enough for you ?

- - - Updated - - -

Neither cata or mythic+ are currently comparable to vanilla's dungeons gameplay (it never was about harder/easier, but being resourceful and mostly different pacing).
    And there was no endless mob grinding.
    lol as somone who played vanilla then, and is playing vanilla now
    1. dungeons were not "hard" they were long, annoying, and took alot more planning and luck
    2. yes there was TONS of endless mob grinding... like a fucking shit load
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

I'm a potential returning customer with interest in the game. I don't know how that's hard for you to understand.

You sit and complain about others voicing opinions, do you not see the double standards here?

- - - Updated - - -

TBH it doesn't matter how you play, I would never judge or dismiss your opinions based on how you play. I'm a power gamer who likes to obtain high ranks as quickly as possible, in the most efficient way as possible. It doesn't mean I skip content, since it involves a LOT of grinding. Flight would allow me to grind through repeated content more efficiently. You don't see it that way, but thats because you play differently than I do. And instead of widening your perspective, you'd rather attack someone for simply having an 'irrelevant opinion'.

My issue with Legion is a personal one, and it's because I believe I would run out of (my relevant) content if I were to sub right now. A lot of the content is made to be repeatable or based on RNG, so I'd rather have something like flight assist and alleviate the inefficiencies of the 'farming' process and let me focus the time I saved on the actual content I'd care about (raids/mythic+).
    I'm not complaining really, I'm making fun of their stupid stances.

I judge your opinion as irrelevant because you do not play the game. All of your hypothetical situations mean absolutely naught.

I judge your opinion as irrelevant because you do not play the game. All of your hypothetical situations mean absolutely naught.
    So you don't have a stance on the situation then? That makes things easier now, your opinion is irrelevant to me since you admitted you're trolling.
    Last edited by Thimagryn; 2016-12-20 at 07:19 PM.

So you don't have a stance on the situation then? That makes things easier now, your opinion is irrelevant to me since you admitted you're trolling.
    Flying is not in the game, and it's been for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by slaskel View Post
    So you'd be okay with every single player having the opion to purchase every mount and item in the game from a vendor in dalaran for 1 copper each? Cause you don't have to use that service you know.
    Who asked for flying to be free and easy to obtain? All most people are asking is for it to be AVAILABLE. Which, right now, it's not. And won't be for another 6 months(or wherever Blizzard deems "halfway through the expansion" is). And how does flying in any way give easy access to every mount and item in the game for 1c? I'm not even sure what you're trying to get at here.

No, what I'm thinking of in an ideal situation is more like having the option to bring a Holy Paladin or a Resto shaman to the raid. Both are healers. Both are effective, but different. This is how the choice between flying and ground mounts SHOULD be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Kalium View Post
    I really don't know how to respond to that... you take joy seeing someone denied what they enjoy? So nothing to really contribute then. How about we talk about lulls in content? During these droughts I personally like to continue playing but have little incentive to focus on a main so alts come to the forefront.

I love the story... I love the questing experience... I do not enjoy running up and down mountains in Highmountain looking for the one path/ cave I need to enter to do the story. From above I can plan my approach... engage with the content (that I have already done on my main at this point)... fly off to the next point. It's relaxing... you see progress... and it's fun. What is not fun is only completing half of those quest in the same amount of time just because you can't find which level you need to be on and spend 10 minutes going the wrong around the mountain.

One experience leaves you satisfied the other frustrated. To ease that frustration in a game should be the priority. I'm sad that you don't see the logic behind this.
    The thing is, if you spent 10 minutes going the wrong way around the mountain, but ran into something interesting(like a side quest) that made it worth going that way, then the ground design would be justified. But almost every time you go the wrong way in Legion there's nothing there. Or if there is something there, it's a tiny like 30ap token, or a kill X quest if you're especially lucky. Wow...much adventure! So immerse! Many explore!

If Blizzard really wants the ground game to be what people claim it is(it's not, btw), then they need to step up their design. Look at The Witcher 3, for instance. Side quests in that game actually MATTER. You come across some hint of a thing and follow it up, and it turns out to be something interesting! Meanwhile WoW is giving us quests to kill 10 bears that we already killed just getting to the quest giver, or asking us to complete dungeons that we've already done 50 times(which didn't count because we hadn't started the quest yet. herp derp derp!)

- - - Updated - - -

As someone who DOES play right now, I can tell you that Thimagryn has a pretty damn good grasp of the situation. His opinion is probably one of the most accurate and well-considered descriptions of the problems that withholding flight represents.

The fact that he doesn't currently play the game doesn't automatically mean he's wrong. And dismissing his point of view based on that just shows that you're not even willing to consider that he might be right. Which in turn makes your own point of view flawed and borderline irrelevant itself.

But he's not right.
    At all.

The Unstoppable Force Elim Garak's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    But he's not right.
    At all.
    He is 100% right.
    All right, gentleperchildren, let's review. The year is 2024 - that's two-zero-two-four, as in the 21st Century's perfect vision - and I am sorry to say the world has become a pussy-whipped, Brady Bunch version of itself, run by a bunch of still-masked clots ridden infertile senile sissies who want the Last Ukrainian to die so they can get on with the War on China, with some middle-eastern genocide on the side

But he's not right.
    At all.
    No, he's disagreeing with you. That doesn't automatically mean he's wrong. Maybe you're confusing the two?

You, and most people like you, think that your way is the ONLY way to play. You have no tolerance or acceptance of other playstyles, even when those playstyles don't actually effect you at all. You think that because right now your playstyle is in alignment with Blizzard that it's the ONLY legitimate playstyle. And the thing is....it's not.

Blizzard attempted to remove flying from the game entirely. They failed. Why? Because of player feedback. Players LIKE being able to fly. Even the people who say they prefer the grounded experience will use flying once they've gotten through the initial grounded experience while leveling. Do you know why that is? Because the grounded experience isn't as good as people make it out to be after the first or second time.

Highly repetitive, grindy, tedious travel doesn't make the game better. Better content makes the game better. Legion has taken some pretty good steps forward in that regard. WQs are a good idea! Level scaling is a good idea! But removal of flight? That's a step backwards.

And ultimately, even though you guys like to deny it, you do NOT have to use flying if you don't want to. It really doesn't hurt you at all to have other players flying if you're on the ground.

"OH NOES! That guy reached the enemy I wanted to kill before me! If only enemies would show up again quickly so I could kill them too!"

"OH NOES! That guy is completing content faster than me! If only I willingly chose to do things slower to get more enjoyment and immersion out of them!"

"OH NOES! That flying guy just did the PVP to me! If only I willingly signed up on a server where I knew nothing would ever be fair!"
    Last edited by SirCowdog; 2016-12-20 at 09:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    No, he's disagreeing with you. That doesn't automatically mean he's wrong. Maybe you're confusing the two?
    No, I'm not confused, at all. He's wrong.

For Azeroth!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I hope they add some legion bats or cannons at least for the upcoming zone invasions & broken shore.

Not to just annoy people per se, but we had that in burning crusade, and that made those "legion" areas interesting and more dangerous.

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post

You, and most people like you, think that your way is the ONLY way to play. You have no tolerance or acceptance of other playstyles, even when those playstyles don't actually effect you at all. You think that because right now your playstyle is in alignment with Blizzard that it's the ONLY legitimate playstyle. And the thing is....it's not.

Blizzard attempted to remove flying from the game entirely. They failed. Why? Because of player feedback. Players LIKE being able to fly. Even the people who say they prefer the grounded experience will use flying once they've gotten through the initial grounded experience while leveling. Do you know why that is? Because the grounded experience isn't as good as people make it out to be after the first or second time.

Highly repetitive, grindy, tedious travel doesn't make the game better. Better content makes the game better. Legion has taken some pretty good steps forward in that regard. WQs are a good idea! Level scaling is a good idea! But removal of flight? That's a step backwards.

And ultimately, even though you guys like to deny it, you do NOT have to use flying if you don't want to. It really doesn't hurt you at all to have other players flying if you're on the ground.

"OH NOES! That guy reached the enemy I wanted to kill before me! If only enemies would show up again quickly so I could kill them too!"

"OH NOES! That guy is completing content faster than me! If only I willingly chose to do things slower to get more enjoyment and immersion out of them!"

"OH NOES! That flying guy just did the PVP to me! If only I willingly signed up on a server where I knew nothing would ever be fair!"
    TL;DR
    Wait your 6-8 months, and then you'll be allowed to fly.
    Convenience is what's killing this game if anything, I'm 100% sure you lot would stay in dal and queue for world quests if that were an option.

What's the point of flying half a year away from now?
    The point is to make it pointless. Blizzards is quite successful it that.

- - - Updated - - -

The tears are delicious.
    Flying was/is shit and shouldve never been added.
    Try to think of this:
    The tears are delicious.
    Flying was/is cool and should've always existed.

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dreamer View Post
    The point is to make it pointless. Blizzards is quite successful it that.

- - - Updated - - -

Try to think of this:
    No?
    Besides noone who is against flying is crying. The term you're looking for is called "gloating"

Quote Originally Posted by StarGazer91 View Post
    There was also not enough quests to hit level cap back in vanilla, so whats your point? Your either grinding quests or grinding mobs anyway.
    There was enough of quests for leveling. If you was lazy (or stupid) to change zone doesn't mean there were no quests.
    Why you think the Net was born? Porn! Porn! Porn!

No?
    Besides noone who is against flying is crying. The term you're looking for is called "gloating"
    We all know flying is coming in 6+ months, so "Flying is not in the game, and it's been for the better." is pure salt. We can see how much you're in denial, it'll just take some time for you to realize it.