Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Puremallace View Post
    You guys just love to be the big guys on the block swinging your dicks. We are a DEBTOR NATION and owe China 890 BILLION plus they supply most of our products in stores like Wal Mart. China is obviously a shit hole that NEVER should have been given permanent normal trade relations but we are here now.

People cannot pretend like China does not have the largest GDP on the planet or is an economic super power. It is silly to pretend like nothing has changed and we can just insult them however we want with ZERO consequences.

China can fuck us hard and cause a global recession with some pretty simple steps.
    People need to accept the fact that America will never "be great again" and we are no longer THE super power but A super power.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gahmuret View Post
    So what would the option be? Never do anything that might piss off bad people, and just let them be as bad as they want? Don't pretend that the growing influence of countries like Russia, China, Iran etc. would be a good thing.
    So... Russia, China, Iran etc. are the "bad" people?

And, let me guess, the US are the good guys... right?
    Si vis pacem, para bellum.

10+ Year Old Account
    Once again China overstepping their own borders.

"One China Policy. You agree, or we threaten you!"

"South Asia Sea is South China Sea. You agree, or we threaten you!"

I'll say it again. Beijing/China is the equivalent of letting California run a country. Spoiled manchildren.

Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post

Last edited by ImpTaimer; 2016-12-16 at 05:45 PM.
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    ruhh rohhhh who would have guessed pissing off China would lead to some bad stuff. Keep rattling that saber Republicans.
    Um...

Quote Originally Posted by JadedTauren View Post
    WASHINGTON, Dec 16 (Reuters) - A Chinese Navy warship has seized an underwater drone deployed by an American oceanographic vessel in international waters in the South China Sea, triggering a formal demarche from the United States and a demand for its return, a U.S. defense official told Reuters on Friday.
    Not sure how "saber rattling" justifies actions against a civilian vessel, but hey, you be you.

Quote Originally Posted by Nixx View Post
    Regardless, not sure what any of that has to do with what I said. I'm not talking about insulting anyone, but we can't let people walk all over us.
    There are ways to deal with China without starting a freaking trade war or potential military conflict. I do not think people understand how China will deal with Taiwan if Trump keeps pushing this shit. They will send in troops and shoot the president in the head on live TV to get the point across.

10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of people seem to be missing that this is not a military drone. It's civilian drone like the one that found the titanic. I guess people hear the word drone and have silly thoughts.

It's pretty hard to capture a real submarine.
    Last edited by Collegeguy; 2016-12-16 at 05:58 PM.

There are ways to deal with China without starting a freaking trade war or potential military conflict. I do not think people understand how China will deal with Taiwan if Trump keeps pushing this shit. They will send in troops and shoot the president in the head on live TV to get the point across.
    Kowtowing to China because they might do bad things is a pretty stupidly naive.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Kowtowing to China because they might do bad things is a pretty stupidly naive.
    As a guy who has sat in the room with the Top Secret sign on the door there is no confrontation with China that does not end with a mushroom cloud. Trust me I am scared shitless for a good reason.

It starts fast and it ends just as fast.

As a guy who has sat in the room with the Top Secret sign on the door there is no confrontation with China that does not end with a mushroom cloud. Trust me I am scared shitless for a good reason.

It starts fast and it ends just as fast.
    Well if the want to become the world number one enemy because they would to nuke folks over phone calls or requests to return a civilian science drone then they are going to be treated like the the threat they are. Tolerance of such behavior from china will on encourage them to continue such behavior.
    "It doesn't matter if you believe me or not but common sense doesn't really work here. You're mad, I'm mad. We're all MAD here."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sarahtasher View Post
    Once again, does any of you realize even with confusion that Iran and China are actual allies of Putin ?
    Sarah, sarah, sarah.

You're interrupting an internet warrior America number one circlejerk. Wait a few before barging in with your facts. Or at least knock.

It's kind of ironic how at a time when more Mexicans move back to Mexico than move into the United States for the first time in decades for the last couple of years, at a time when China is rapidly beginning to change from a manufacturing driven economy to a consumption driven economy - the people of the United States elects Donald Trump. If losing jobs to China and too many Mexicans moving in to their country is the problem, then you reaction to the problem is fucking 10 years to late at least. It has already passed. Now, it seems to me, what will happen is that you will have been the guys buying all this stuff from China for such a long time, a country you could have had a great future with, that will now distance yourself from being the benefactor of this relationship as China's middle-class starts consuming more stuff and becomes more and more of an importing country like the United States. Because Trump will seriously piss them off, and so the Communist Party will make sure to steer the imports elsewhere. Especially since it has already been happening. The EU has been closing the trade gap with China much more rapidly than the US for the last several years, with exports from the EU to China growing more than exports from China to the EU. And the EU is China's largest trading partner. So far China has been happy to split such massive deals like buying airplanes between Boeing and Airbus, but that could easily change should they feel they have a hostile partner in the US. So it seems like the US will have stayed only for the bad part, as Trump would see it, only to then demolish their good position for selling stuff to China going forward. What a stupid move. Will probobly be great for EU - China trade though. Thanks, I guess.

Two largest Chinese partners in billions of US Dollars for 2011 were as follows:

Region_________Exports_Imports__Total trade_Trade balance
    European Union_356.0___211.2___567.2______+144.8
    United States___324.5___122.2___446.7______+202.3

Quote Originally Posted by Saucexorzski View Post
    Well if the want to become the world number one enemy because they would to nuke folks over phone calls or requests to return a civilian science drone then they are going to be treated like the the threat they are. Tolerance of such behavior from china will on encourage them to continue such behavior.
    As I stated before you can deal with in different way. Effectively starting another Cold War with China this time is the definition of a bad idea. This will effect us, our kids, their kids, and just keep going and the entire stupid ass point is so that the military industrial complex has a reason to build outdated equipment and bankrupt our country.

Quote Originally Posted by jdbond592 View Post
    I am just waiting for Trump to launch threatening twitter tirade and put China in it's place. Anytime now..

Good news is that our bending over backwards has pleased Russia. One foreign relationship triumph for coming President.
    Doubt trump would care that the chinamen stole a underwater drone

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by izayoi80 View Post

So let me guess, you are russian.... right?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Quote Originally Posted by Shibito View Post
    Doubt trump would care that the chinamen stole a underwater drone
    Trump reacts to SNL and you think he wouldn't react over this?

Scarab Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ImpTaimer View Post
    Once again China overstepping their own borders.

"One China Policy. You agree, or we threaten you!"

"South Asia Sea is South China Sea. You agree, or we threaten you!"

I'll say it again. Beijing/China is the equivalent of letting California run a country. Spoiled manchildren.

I'll say it again. Beijing/China is the equivalent of letting Washington run a country.
    Fixed that for you.

You talk as if China is the only country that utilizes that form of diplomacy "Agree with us or we threaten you".The US is literally the worst offender for utilizing those types of tactics.
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Seems like China want a Trade War now

http://www.news.com.au/finance/econo...e7b65c57b49e12

CHINA has vowed to take action against the west over the scrapping of a huge promise it claims was made to it 15 years ago.

Since 2001, the United States and the European Union have restricted China’s ability to conduct trade deals with the rest of the world.

Over the past year, thousands across Europe have protested against easing these restrictions, saying it would take away their own jobs and livelihoods.

But now China is on the warpath. It claims it was “promised” the rules would be relaxed this week, and has vowed to retaliate at any cost.

With tensions between the rising superpower and the US already bubbling up, this may be the last thing either country needs.

The Chinese government has remarked in official and un-official events that China is deeply concerned about the US and the EU’s protectionist approach and will bring a WTO case against such practice if it is continued.”

China’s state media has already slammed the President-elect as a “diplomatic rookie” and an “ignorant child”.

How Dare they say that about Trumpy

Quote Originally Posted by JadedTauren View Post
    People need to accept the fact that America will never "be great again" and we are no longer THE super power but A super power.
    I don't think you know what a superpower is. Hint: The US is the only one, currently.

Hopefully both sides chill.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mistame View Post
    Um...

Not sure how "saber rattling" justifies actions against a civilian vessel, but hey, you be you.
    The drone was deployed from the USNS Bowditch. USNS as in US Naval Ship Bowditch. It's a military vessel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Good, China is taking the bait. One more month and we can really get this conflict going.