Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kellhound View Post
    Actually, there are miitary garrisons of several countries in the SCS already and the US isnt going to stop sailing and flying in international regions on OUR terms.

- - - Updated - - -

Its just a scientific research drone.....
    They should bring that drone to Tiananmen Square and blow it up while broadcasting it on state tv just to stick it to the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lei Shi View Post
    They should bring that drone to Tiananmen Square and blow it up while broadcasting it on state tv just to stick it to the US.
    Yeah, that would really "stick it" to the US, destroying a $150,000 COTS scientific drone.....

Deleted
    Actually, there are miitary garrisons of several countries in the SCS already and the US isnt going to stop sailing and flying in international regions on OUR terms.
    Yeah for now. Obviously china is playing the long game here. Most importantly nobody is going to remove china from the area. I'm sure over the next 5-10 years they can get a couple countries to recognize their claim, maybe do some diplomatic trades to get recognition, or at worst it will just become the defacto fact that china is the dominant force in the region.

I mean you say "on our terms", but that's obviously already no longer true. did they build those islands on your terms? did they pick up your drone on your terms?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    Yeah for now. Obviously china is playing the long game here. Most importantly nobody is going to remove china from the area. I'm sure over the next 5-10 years they can get a couple countries to recognize their claim, maybe do some diplomatic trades to get recognition, or at worst it will just become the defacto fact that china is the dominant force in the region.

I mean you say "on our terms", but that's obviously already no longer true. did they build those islands on your terms? did they pick up your drone on your terms?
    They will not get the countries with stronger claims to agree.

Have they stopped us from transiting within 12 miles of their artificial islands? Have they stopped the US from flying over them? No they have not.

You can't land an ICBM on the United States. Get serious.

Deleted
    They will not get the countries with stronger claims to agree.

Have they stopped us from transiting within 12 miles of their artificial islands? Have they stopped the US from flying over them? No they have not.
    they don't have to care about those countries, they are no threat. they only have to care about the big picture, keep international trade going through the area, then over time consolidate their power. in the end money always wins out and their major trading parties will simply turn a blind eye to save a few pennies on the dollar. And that means more then any political talk about sovereignty ever will.

Then they will probably just pull a Taiwan in 5-10 years and refuse to have diplomatic relations with anyone who doesn't acknowledge their claim. At that point the situation has been what it is for a long time so who would refuse at that point?

Yeah, that would really "stick it" to the US, destroying a $150,000 COTS scientific drone.....
    Is that supposed to be shocking amount? US drops more expensive bombs on AK users all over middle-east.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    True, I was just bored and tired but you are correct.

Last edited by Thwart; Today at 05:21 PM. Reason: Infracted for flaming
    Quote Originally Posted by epigramx View Post
    millennials were the kids of the 9/11 survivors.

Deleted
    He's gonna be best buddies with Duterte, that must mean something.

- - - Updated - - -

LMAO!
    This is the most hilarious typo I've seen in a long time. He's a genious.

Quote Originally Posted by Myz View Post
    This is the most hilarious typo I've seen in a long time. He's a genious.
    Even more funny is that while saying that, you spelled genius wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderball View Post
    They dont need to defend anything. Someone was spying and got caught, that's how these things work. All the media outrage on the matter is complete joke (and a double standard, yet again).
    Check the territory, where the drone was captured first. Who is spying where again?

BEIJING (AP) -- China said Saturday its military seized a U.S. Navy unmanned underwater glider in the South China Sea to ensure the "safe navigation of passing ships," but would give back the drone after determining it was an American device.

The United States later confirmed it had "secured an understanding" for the return, seeming to settle one of the most serious incidents between the two militaries in years.

If China is sincere, it looks like it's been resolved. Their top 10 trading partners are the US and allies of the US. Maybe the top 15.

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Quote Originally Posted by Hubcap View Post
    BEIJING (AP) -- China said Saturday its military seized a U.S. Navy unmanned underwater glider in the South China Sea to ensure the "safe navigation of passing ships," but would give back the drone after determining it was an American device.

The United States later confirmed it had "secured an understanding" for the return, seeming to settle one of the most serious incidents between the two militaries in years.

If China is sincere, it looks like it's been resolved. Their top 10 trading partners are the US and allies of the US. Maybe the top 15.
    I think like 80% of their exports come to us. We hold the cards, not them.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Even more funny is that while saying that, you spelled genius wrong.
    Perhaps a facetious comment?

- - - Updated - - -

I am just concerned that Trump doesn't talk about Wall. ISIS etc. anymore. Not even part of his 100 day plan. But he sure showed China with those threatening tweets. I bet they are running scared now.

Quote Originally Posted by ezgeze View Post
    Yup, I am sure the knowledge you have of highly scientific or military drones are rather limited.
    Yes it is, but I'm not only willing to admit it, but also would not propose that putting an explosive trap in drones would solve the issue...

Its just a scientific research drone.....
    Of course that is what the Navy will say. The fact of the matter is that the oceanographic ships can be used for surveillance. Also upon further researching the matter, it would have been easy for the Chinese ship involved to have stolen any size underwater drone. The ship was a Dalang-III class submarine rescue vessel (Type 922 Rescue and Salvage). The small boat simply could have towed it back to the mother ship and they would have no trouble lifting it out of the water.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    I think like 80% of their exports come to us. We hold the cards, not them.
    Not even close to 80%. While the US is their top export market ($432 billion), the total they export to only 4 other countries far surpasses that: Hong Kong ($258B), Japan ($166B), Germany ($101B) and South Korea ($88.9B).

This thread is gold. Some people actually think France is a legitimate power that could challenge the United States and damage us. I just literally can't even.. ahha

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Not even close to 80%. While the US is their top export market ($432 billion), the total they export to only 4 other countries far surpasses that: Hong Kong ($258B), Japan ($166B), Germany ($101B) and South Korea ($88.9B).
    Selling stuff to Hong Kong isn't considered exporting. That would be like saying the US exports to Miami.

Selling stuff to Hong Kong isn't considered exporting. That would be like saying the US exports to Miami.
    Hong Kong is an autonomous territory. Miami is not. Hence, it is considered exporting.

10+ Year Old Account
    It's good to hear China came to their senses instead of dick-waving. Their excuse is bullshit, but conflict resolved.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrianth View Post
    Fixed that for you.

You talk as if China is the only country that utilizes that form of diplomacy "Agree with us or we threaten you".The US is literally the worst offender for utilizing those types of tactics.
    I'm pretty late making a reply, but whatever.

California owns 53 of the 435 total representatives. So you are right in some regard--There are 53 manchildren in Washington D.C.

And no I don't "talk as if". Don't project nonsense into my mouth, and don't project your nonsense. China and Russia are both the current worst offenders for utilizing those types of tactics, if you disclude the radical Muslim movement. Can't talk about religion though, too many sympathizers who plug their ears because the conflict in America is pale compared to the on-going one in Europe/Africa.

Before America became an established world power, Britain was the worst offender next to Spain. Before America was discovered, Spain and France were the worst offenders. I could keep going but it's pretty pointless.

America was only an offender for America itself in regards to native Americans, and the conquests made by Theodore Roosevelt (even though it was mainly Spain's fault.)
    There are no bathrooms, only Zuul.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Him of Many Faces View Post
    they don't have to care about those countries, they are no threat. they only have to care about the big picture, keep international trade going through the area, then over time consolidate their power. in the end money always wins out and their major trading parties will simply turn a blind eye to save a few pennies on the dollar. And that means more then any political talk about sovereignty ever will.

Then they will probably just pull a Taiwan in 5-10 years and refuse to have diplomatic relations with anyone who doesn't acknowledge their claim. At that point the situation has been what it is for a long time so who would refuse at that point?
    China is messing with the most important SLOC, it makes it hard to look the other way.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Linadra View Post
    Is that supposed to be shocking amount? US drops more expensive bombs on AK users all over middle-east.
    Hardly, I was pointing out that it is a worthless piece of junk in most regards and we want it back just because its ours.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gorgodeus View Post
    Of course that is what the Navy will say. The fact of the matter is that the oceanographic ships can be used for surveillance. Also upon further researching the matter, it would have been easy for the Chinese ship involved to have stolen any size underwater drone. The ship was a Dalang-III class submarine rescue vessel (Type 922 Rescue and Salvage). The small boat simply could have towed it back to the mother ship and they would have no trouble lifting it out of the water.

- - - Updated - - -

Funny thing, ships actually are used for what they are designed for at times. Not every mission is a cloak and dagger black ops one. The fact the drone was on the surface hundreds of meters from the US ship is pretty much proof in the pudding it wasnt a sensitive device. The US was quite clear the drone was placed inside the smaller boat, not that it was towed to the main ship.